Best Toys For a 1 Year Old
These amazing toy helps kids develop their IQ and much more. Check out out list of the Best Toys For a 1 Year Old.
Product SKU: WOD129
Product Brand: Edhua
Product Currency: GBP
Product Price: 4.79
Product In-Stock: Available
Sometimes it is hard to decide which toys to buy for a 1 year old, it may be confusing as you don’t know which is more appropriate, infant or toddler toys. Studies show that growing babies need to have toys that may help them develop their sensory and mobility skills. Taking this into consideration, we’ve compiled a list of the most popular and Best Toys For a 1 Year Old.
Other things to consider is that these toys should be made from non-toxic materials and prevents choking hazards. Children learn a different set of skills and show different interest while growing up, that is why it is important to know and give age-appropriate toys for them to play.
Parents should ideally choose toys that will grow with their child, encourage exploration, problem-solving, and spark their imagination. Check out our list of the Best Toys For a 1 Year Old for all the details.
- Best Toys For a 1 Year Old 2020
- Best toys for 1 year old boy 2020
- #1 — Wooden Maracas
- #2 — Stack up Toys
- #3 — Wooden Jigsaw Puzzles
- #4 — Developmental Bumpy ball
- #5 — Electronic Push and Pull Puppy
- Best toys for 1 year old baby girl
- #6 — Classic Wooden Xylophone
- #7 — Wooden Hammer Toy
- #8 — Animal Farm Musical Piano
- #9 — Wooden Bead Puzzle Toy
- #10 — Musical Mat
- What is the perfect gift for a 1 year old?
Best Toys For a 1 Year Old 2020
Best toys for 1 year old boy 2020
#1 — Wooden Maracas
Help your child develop a sense of rhythm with these high-quality wooden materials that are colorfully and vibrantly designed using nontoxic paint materials. These Maracas are one of the most classic and the Best Toys For a 1 Year Old.
- It is the perfect toy to capture your baby’s attention with its smooth surface, easy to grasp handle.
- The Maracas can be a great way to introduce your child to start playing musical instruments. And it pretty simple: the baby just needs to hold the maracas and shake them.
- The sound created by the Maracas can develop the baby’s listening and improve IQ.
- These maracas come with gorgeous color options that can increase the baby’s sensitivity to various colors and can definitely be a meaningful gift for one-year-old,
- Easy to grasp and use
- Can help develop the baby’s listening and IQ
#2 — Stack up Toys
Most of the time 1-year old babies have a hard time controlling their grasp and release.
- Since they do not have the dexterity and fine motor skills yet, these stack up toys can help them practice exploring, holding, releasing, and placing objects.
- They can stack the pieces upside the town to build a tower or stack in hollow form. These pieces can also be used during bath time.
- Good quality plastic
- 6 colorful bath cups can be linked and stacked together
- They can be used to pour and strain water.
- Helps build dexterity and motor skills like holding and releasing
- Can be used to develop creativity
#3 — Wooden Jigsaw Puzzles
It is super important to put your child’s safety when choosing their toys. These wooden puzzles are made from high-quality environmental wood materials that are designed using lead-free, BPA and phthalates free water-based paint.
- Its smooth edges are safe for playtime. These brain-building puzzles help improve young boys and girls’ concentration and puzzle building capabilities.
- It encourages the development of their hand-eye coordination and increases their attention span.
- The puzzle pieces are thick enough for your kids to pick and place while also fits their tiny little hands.
- It is also big enough not to be a choking hazard.
- These puzzles can be played both indoors and outdoors with parents and friends.
- Made from non-toxic materials
- Safe as the edges are smooth
- Improves concentration and hand-eye coordination
#4 — Developmental Bumpy ball
This sensory toy features fun and vibrantly colored fabrics with different textures to teach your child to explore colors and develop tactile sensitivity.
- It is safer than a pure plastic ball which makes it crash proof and effectively prevents from bumps when it hits your child.
- The chunky-sized bumps encourage reaching and grasping.
- It also makes it easier for your child to transfer and hold the ball during playtime.
- The clear plastic end that contains colorful beads can make a rattle noise to help develop their hearing skills.
- If you’ve ever stumped on a quest to find meaningful gifts for a one year old, then look no further cause this one is perfect.
- Helps child explore colors and develop tactile sensitivity
- Rattle noise improves hearing.
#5 — Electronic Push and Pull Puppy
This playful and interactive puppy will surely be a hit for your kid. It follows your kid around and has music and sounds that can be activated by pulling the puppy by its cord.
- It has three colorful buttons to promote motor skills and its nose flashes a light to attract your little one’s attention.
- It has over 60 songs, melodies, sound and phrases that can help your kid learn numbers, colors, and the different parts of the body.
- Have fun playtime adventures with this push and pull puppy.
- Colorful buttons and lights
- Over 60 songs
Best toys for 1 year old baby girl
#6 — Classic Wooden Xylophone
Introduce your child to music and help them develop their musical talent by letting them play with this adorable wooden Xylophone. These fun Xyalaphones are one of the Best Toys For a 1 Year Old.
- It features a long-lasting wooden base and vibrantly colored one-octave keys that are also perfectly and accurately toned for a great learning musical experience.
- It comes with a music sheet that can help them learn nursery rhyme classics such as “Mary Had a Little Lamb” and “Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star.”
- This music toy is odor free, BPA free and Lead and Phthalates free.
- It also does not have any sharp edges that may be harmful for your child.
- This classic toy is still one of the best toys for 1 year old 2020.
- Made from wood so it is completely safe and non-toxic.
- Comes with musical sheets of popular songs
- Great for learning music
#7 — Wooden Hammer Toy
This wooden hammer and balls are large enough that there is no need for parents to worry about the safety of their child while playing.
- This pounding toy for 1-year old can help promote their hand-and-eye coordination, improve dexterity, and exercise their muscles.
- The balls are vibrantly painted to familiarize themselves with the colors to improve visual skills.
- This wooden pounding toy is made from high-quality wood material that is safe, durable and is constructed sturdy which can make it withstand pounding without deforming.
- This item includes a wooden house, a child-safe mallet and 4 wooden balls. This is one of the best toys for 1 year old 2020.
- Can help exercise the baby’s muscles
- Improve dexterity
- Made from durable material
#8 — Animal Farm Musical Piano
This colorful and cute animal farm piano can help your one-year-old to recognize different colors and train their color recognition ability.
- It has a puppy, chicken, lamb, cow and pony keys that can help them learn these animal sounds.
- Made from premium plastic with smooth design, it is environment-friendly, non-toxic, sleek and safe to play with.
- Helps your child learn with animal sounds
- Made with premium plastic
#9 — Wooden Bead Puzzle Toy
One of the most educational toys in the market is this wooden bead puzzle toys. It encourages a child to move the wooden rollercoaster beads from one end to another by following a specific path of wire. By far the Best Toys For a 1 Year Old.
- It helps kids develop and challenge their eye and hand coordination.
- This bead puzzle encourages imaginative play because in a child’s mind these beads can be cars, trains aeroplanes or even rocket ships.
- It is also the perfect toy to introduce your child to numbers and basic counting skills.
- This developmental toy has become the standard in pre-school and pediatric waiting rooms worldwide.
- Helps Develop IQ
- Introduces your kid to numbers
- Standard in every Pre-school
#10 — Musical Mat
Playmats help develop key areas such as the sense of sight, touch and hearing. It is also a great avenue for them to improve and encourage movement.
- This musical baby mat with highly contrasting colors can support your child’s visual perceptual skills.
- It also produces a different set of melodies and animal sounds to stimulate their hearing ability.
- The cloth is made from quality fabric making it easier to fold and store when not in use.
- Helps develop sight, touch and hearing
- Stimulates visual perceptual skills.
- Produces various sounds
- Easy to fold and store
What are the best toys for a 1 year old?
The best toys for a 1 year old should be able to not only provide fun but also focus on the child’s development. These toys must be designed in such a way that they improve things like dexterity, IQ and hand-eye coordination. For example, one of the best toys out there which is pretty much a standard in any pre-school is the wooden bead puzzle toy. This toy has a great impact on the development of a child.
What is the perfect gift for a 1 year old?
All gifts especially the perfect gift is super subjective. But you can get really close. Firstly the gift should be of value, as in it should actually benefit the child. So the best types of gifts would be those that focus on development whist being fun.
For example, toys like Classic Wooden Xylophone or the Developmental Bumpy ball are pretty great. They develop musical talent and hand eye-coordination respectively, while being super fun.