Wearing sunglasses isn’t just to look fashionable, it serves an important function in protecting the health of the eyes. Sunglasses protect and shield your eyes from the sun’s UV rays. And this should be a very important tool in every parent’s baby kit. Your babies eyes are even more susceptible to harm as their still developing and it could be problematic if they stare directly into the sun. Check out the Best Baby Sunglasses UK for all the details.
So, parents of newborn’s should select a good pair of sunglasses that are capable of protecting your child from harmful rays. Especially since their eyes are more sensitive to UV and blue light which may cause eye problems later in life.
But the search can be daunting. After all, there are over a hundred different styles and brands available out there here. Fortunately, we’ve compiled a list of the Best Baby Sunglasses UK that may help you decide the one that is perfect for your baby.
After reviewing 100 baby sunglasses based on various factors like design, build quality, materials, lens, features and price, my team and I zeroed in on 15 that really stood out. These 15 were further put through a series of stress tests to determine the best. We found that:
The best baby sunglasses in the UK is Beaba Newborn Clip Strap Sunglasses. Not only does it provide protection against UVA/UVB rays but it is also made from hypoallergenic silicone which is perfect for babies with sensitive skin. Most importantly, it is virtually unbreakable.
Recommended Read: What Things To Buy For A Newborn Baby
- Top 15 Best Baby Sunglasses UK 2021
- Beaba Newborn Clip Strap Sunglasses
- KIDDUS Baby Sunglasses for Newborn
- Baby Wrapz Sunglasses
- Flexible Rubber Kids Glasses
- Cute Cat eye Sunglasses
- Junior Babiators Unisex Sunglasses
- Cartoon Polarizing Sunglasses for Kids
- Metal Sun Eyeglasses
- Folding Lady Bug Sunglasses
- Idol Eyes Baby Sunglasses
- Round framed Sunglasses
- Baby Flip Glasses
- Candy-coloured Vintage Eyewear
- Heart shaped sunglasses
- Spiderman Eyeshades
- Babiators Sunglasses
- Baby Banz Adventure Sunglasses
- Idol Eyes Baby Wrapz Sunglasses
- Best Baby Sunglasses UK: FAQs
Top 15 Best Baby Sunglasses UK 2021
Beaba Newborn Clip Strap Sunglasses
The Beaba Newborn Clip Strap Sunglasses happen to be the best protective eyewear for infants. Not only does it provide protection against UVA/UVB rays but it also made from hypoallergenic silicone. Most importantly, it comes with a bendable design.
- This bendable design ensures that the baby is not under stress or discomfort. It also happens to be unbreakable which makes it perfect for the unpredictable nature of an infant.
- It also comes with a wrap-around design to ensure it doesn’t slip easily.
- Beaba invested over a decade into the R & D of these lightweight sunglasses. So, it’s definitely one of the most reliable brands in the market.
The quality of the lenses are extremely high. This category 4 lens is one of the darkest and offer complete protection from UV rays. Most importantly, the lens are quite sturdy and can take more than a fall to crack.
- Complete protection against UVA/UVB rays
- Comfortable wrap around design
- Sturdy and virtually unbreakable
- It’s made from Hypoallergenic silicone
KIDDUS Baby Sunglasses for Newborn
KIDDUS is a Spanish-Dutch company that’s known for making Highly reliable baby accessories. In fact, KIDDUS Baby Sunglasses for Newborn have been popular for almost a decade. Not only are these sunglasses visually appealing but they also are amazing in terms of function. It’s one of the Best Baby Sunglasses UK.
- Weighing less than 14 grams these sunglasses are perfect for newborns as they will barely even notice it. It is also designed for the soft and delicate heads of babies. So, you don’t need to worry.
- These cool sunglasses are equipped with the highest quality filter that offers total protection against damaging sun rays including UVA/B/C. The category 3 lens offers the same level of darkness as adult sunglasses and provides comfort even on harsh sunny days.
- The KIDDUS baby sunglasses come with an adjustable soft neoprene band that ensures it fits any head perfectly. It has a closure system on two sides so you can adjust the size easily even when the baby is lying down. These sunglasses are one of the best baby care products in the UK.
These sunglasses come with a free microfibre pouch which also serves as a cloth to clean the lens.
- Weighs only 14 grams
- Adjustable soft neoprene band
- Free microfibre pouch
- Offers protection against damaging sun rays
- Made for soft and delicate heads
Baby Wrapz Sunglasses
The Baby Wrapz sunglasses from Idol Eyes is one of the best sunglasses for babies that offer 100% UV protection. They are CE certified and lightweight so it doesn’t put any strain on your baby.
- These glasses are available in 6 colors to choose from and come with a complete 3 year guarantee. Both lenses have been specifically designed to deliver the best clarity with less distortion.
- It’s frame is made from soft rubber making it easy-to-wear and comfortable for babies. They’re equipped with a soft and stretchable headband that ensures the sunglasses fit snugly and are firmly positioned on your babies face.
- Ideal for toddlers and newborn babies, the Baby Wrapz sunglasses is definitely one to consider buying and based on personal experience, it’s definitely one of the best baby sunglasses.
These sunglasses are lightweight, affordable and have been made from soft rubber, neoprene elastic and the lenses are polycarbonate.
- Glasses weigh 20g
- Contains 1 pair of sunglasses and 1 microfiber case
- Elastic and adjustable headband with velcro strap
- Polycarbonate lenses with 100% UV protection
Flexible Rubber Kids Glasses
Made from flexible silicone material and TAC Polarized UV 400 frame, this sunglass is suitable for babies and older kids. This one of the Best Baby Sunglasses UK.
- Its flexibility is perfect for kids who love being active outdoors, the polarized lenses help reduce harsh glare and improve your child’s eye vision while under the sun.
- Parents need not worry about them breaking the frame which might cause accidents.
This UV protecting sunglasses allows them to enjoy outdoor life while protecting their eyes. The item includes a felt case and a silicone strap.
- Polarized lens
- Sturdy frame
- Felt case and silicone strap
Cute Cat eye Sunglasses
Make that classic cat-eye look rock with these polarized sunglasses made especially for kids.
- Its frame is made from high-quality silica gel and has lenses that can block harmful UVA and UVB radiation.
- With six colors to choose from, this cat eyeglasses will be a great choice for that fun and quirky vibe for your kids.
- It has hinges that are properly secured with metal hinges and has a frame quality that is both durable and exquisite.
These Cute Cat eye Sunglasses are also equipped with comfortable nose pads and curved temple arc for a perfect balance fit with your child’s ears.
- Made from silica gel that can block UVA and UVB radiation
- Six color options and cat-themed
Junior Babiators Unisex Sunglasses
The Babiators are a rather cool pair of baby sunglasses that are made out of a soft, flexible and comfortable material that has been designed to be pinch proof. They’re one of the best sunglasses for babies today and are practically indestructible.
The frame of these sunglasses is made from durable rubber and comes equipped with break and shatter-proof lenses, making them perfect for babies and small children.
These lenses offer 100% UVA and UVB protection which keep your baby’s eyes safe from the harmful rays of the sun.
They’re completely free from BPA and Phthalates which is ideal for babies and children.
These sunglasses are entirely made from rubber making them lightweight and durable. The lenses are durable, impact and shatter-proof with 100% UV protection.
- Ideal for babies and children up to the age of 2 years
- Offer protection against UVA and UVB rays
- Guaranteed break-proof and made from flexible rubber
Cartoon Polarizing Sunglasses for Kids
Block the harmful sun rays from your baby’s eyes with these colourful cartoon-themed polarizing sunglasses. These glasses are the best of the Best Baby Sunglasses UK.
- These glasses are made from non-toxic, shatter-resistant polycarbonate lenses and flexible frame.
- The wrap-around design ensures that your even the surrounding areas around the eyes are protected.
- Your kids can grab, twist, pull and drop the sunglasses and won’t even break.
The polarized lenses provide protection to their little eyes along with the comfort of polarization, ensuring that the images that your child sees with the glasses match what they see without one.
- Cartoon Character themed design
- Made from shatter-resistant material
- Flexible frame
- Wrap-around design that protects even the surroundings of the eyes
- Polarized Lens
Metal Sun Eyeglasses
Want to have that matching outfit with your baby? Have matching eyewear too with these fashionable sunglasses.
- This stylish eyewear is made of polarizing lenses that are will surely protect your child’s eyes from UVA and UVB.
- The frame is easy to clean and is non-allergenic. Reduce having future eye problems with these stylish sunglasses.
It is suitable for any bonding activity such as shopping, travelling and even just for taking cool, awesome photos.
- Unique style
- Polarized lens to protect your baby from UV rays
- Easy to clean frame
Folding Lady Bug Sunglasses
Match your kids playful, silly side with this foldable ladybug sunglasses designed especially for kids. Its cute size is perfect for your little one’s small frame.
- Have some new outdoor adventures and explore new things with this cool and funky eyewear. This unique pair is one of the Best Baby Sunglasses UK.
Made from non-toxic polycarbonate and TAC polarized frame this compact eyewear will not fall short in protecting your kids’ eyes from the harmful rays of the sun.
- Ladybug design
- Made from non-toxic materials
- Polarized lens
Idol Eyes Baby Sunglasses
The Idol Eyes baby sunglasses are among the best baby eye wear on the market right now. These sunglasses are comfortable to wear and lightweight which is perfect for babies and young children.
Flexible rubber has been used for the frame and these sunglasses come with an adjustable head strap.
The lenses on these sunglasses are polycarbonate and can offer up to 100% UV protection keeping their eyes protected from the harmful rays of the sun.
These sunglasses come CE certified and feature a break-proof frame with a durable head strap to keep the glasses from falling down. They are suitable for young babies and fit children up to the age of 2 years.
- Made from unbreakable and durable rubber.
- Lenses are polycarbonate with 100% UV protection
- These glasses are CE certified with an IE5630 rating
Round framed Sunglasses
These retro-inspired sunglasses will certainly capture every child fashionista.
- The frame made from durable and high-quality polycarbonate which makes these sunglasses perfect for long time use.
- Perfect for both boys and girls, these UV 400 equipped lenses blocks 99 to 100% of UV light.
The lightweight plastic arm and skin-friendly nose pad give a stress-free and comfortable wearing experience.
- Blocks 99% of UV light
- Made from high-quality material so it pretty durable
- Lightweight and comfortable
Baby Flip Glasses
These vibrantly designed sunglasses are suited to block both UVA and UVB radiation.
- These UV400 rated sunglasses is essential in protecting your babies’ eyes against long term UV damage and keeping your eyes healthy when you go out.
It is made from silicone material with a strong hinge making it safe and durable. The integrated nose pad and comfortable temple arc will perfectly fit your child’s face.
- Protect from UV damage
- Made from silicone
Candy-coloured Vintage Eyewear
This Candy-coloured Vintage Eyewear is not your average pair of sunglasses. With its frame made from a quality, lightweight polycarbonate material, this slim and slender styled sunglass will protect your kids’ eyes from harmful UV rays.
- Its nose pad is soft and adjustable and can be fitted to your child’s liking.
This trendy and vibrant eyewear will make your baby look super hip and fashionable. These vintage sunglasses are a perfect match for different dress-up styles.
- Protect’s eyes from UV rays
- Vibrant colour with a hipster style
Heart shaped sunglasses
Show your kids’ lovely side with this heart-shaped sunglasses. It has high definition polarizing lenses that protect your kids’ eyes from harmful sunlight.
- The nose pads do not put pressure on the nose leaving kids with a more stable and comfortable eyewear experience.
- Whether the kids are lounging at pool or beach, or playing in the playground, these heart-shaped glasses will keep your eyes shielded from the harsh sun rays, thanks to the built-in UV protection in its lenses.
The silicone temple is non-toxic and environmentally friendly and is made to easily fit your child’s face.
- High Definition Polarizing lens
- Nose pads provide stability and comfort
- silicone temple region that assures comfort
- UV Protective lens
This spiderman designed glasses will encourage young boys to protect their precious eyes.
- The frame is securely hinged by metal screws making this sunglasses sturdy and durable.
- The UV400 also helps block the UV rays that may cause long term damage to the eyes.
The lenses are also anti-reflective allowing parents to take their son’s photos without the camera flash ruining the shot.
- Sturdy and Durable
- Antireflective lens
- Blocks UV rays and protects your child’s eyes.
Babiators is one of the coolest sunglasses brands for kids. They are known to be extremely comfortable and come for toddlers as well as children aged 5-6.
- These Babiator sunglasses are just awesome as they have a minimal design and are made with flexible rubber that isn’t easily breakable.
- The lenses are of high quality and protect from UVA and UVB rays completely and are also safe to wear everyday.
- It’s lightweight and kids can perform different activities or even play games wearing it.
- It’s very stylish and looks really awesome when worn
- UVA and UVB protection
- Made with flexible rubber
Baby Banz Adventure Sunglasses
Baby Banz is one of the most famous brands for baby sunglasses that are of premium quality. There are several delightful designs available as well.
- It has a comfortable headband system that doesn’t get removed easily and creates no fuss while your child is wearing it.
- The UV 400 category offers maximum protection from harmful rays and keeps the kid’s eyes safe.
- The lenses are made with polycarbonate material and don’t break down easily. It’s also very stylish.
- Lens made with polycarbonate, doesn’t break easily
- Comfortable headband
- Offers UV 400 category protection
Idol Eyes Baby Wrapz Sunglasses
This is one of the coolest sunglasses to have for your babies that will look smart, stylish as well as do the job of protecting your babies’ eyes.
- The lenses of these sunglasses provide 100% protection from UVA, UVB as well as UVC rays that are extremely harmful for baby’s eyes.
- These soft rubber frames are extremely durable and don’t break easily.
- The headband is adjustable and children till the age of 5 can sport these sunglasses
- 100% UVA/B/C protection
- Suitable for 0-5 years age
Best Baby Sunglasses UK: FAQs
Do Babies Need Sunglasses?
Babies require sunglasses. Especially if you’re taking them outside. Honestly, the fashion aspect is only secondary. Good baby sunglasses are important products that actually protect your baby’s eyes from the harmful rays of the sun.
Unlike adults, your curious child might just stare directly into the sun cause damage to the retina. Most importantly, since a baby’s eyes are still developing they’re quite sensitive. Even ophthalmologists recommend children under 10 years should wear sunglasses in strong sunshine.
Ofcourse, not all sunglasses can help. They should ideally range between the highest level category 4 which provides 100% protection against UV rays and category 3. They should also pass European safety standards. For example, glasses marked with a UV400 blocks a minimum of 99.9 UVB% and 99% of UVA
Comfort and size also matter. So, be sure to choose sunnies that cover the entire eye and are comfortable enough that the child won’t dislodge it. Check out our Best Baby Sunglasses UK.
When should babies start wearing sunglasses?
Babies should ideally start wearing sunglasses when their 6 months old. This would be a critical time in their lives as their eyes will continue to develop. So, sunglasses will be absolutely important to protect them from the harmful rays of the sun. It will also work as a barrier if your baby looks directly into the sun out of curiosity.
The Best Baby Sunglasses UK are those that are polarized. For example, Cartoon Polarizing Sunglasses for Kids and Metal Sun Eyeglasses. Check out the Best Baby Sunglasses UK for some of the best sunglasses out there.
Are infant sunglasses safe?
In fact these infant sunglasses actually protect your child eyes from the hatmdul rays of the sun.
But, you will need to choose a reliable safe pair based your child personality and needs. For example, you might needs to consider silicone frames if your child is prone to hurting itself or if its bites things.
However, you will always need to choose polarizing lens as they protect you child from UV rays. Check out the our list of the Best Baby Sunglasses UK for all the details.
Can a 1 year old baby wear sunglasses?
Yes, a one year baby can wear sunglasses. Infact, it’s always recommended for toddlers and children till the age of 10 to wear sunglasses as their eyes are exposed to the danger of retinal damage and are more prone to blue and UV rays as well.
Is it bad for babies to wear sunglasses?
No, it’s in fact good for babies to wear sunglasses as it protects the kids from retinal injury as well as UV rays. Toddlers eyes are extremely sensitive and hence, sunglasses do a perfect job by protecting them from diseases like cataracts and macular degeneration.
Are Babiators worth it?
Yes babiators sunglasses for babies are definitely worth it. They are made with excellent quality materials that are not subjected to breakage. They also provide 100% protection against UV rays. Biabitors brand also replaces broken or lost sunglasses for free incase you have the invoice.
Are Polarized sunglasses good for babies?
Yes, polarized sunglasses are the best for babies as they reduce the glare and allow clear vision for the babies. This also reduces their eyestrain.
Joanna is a writer, poet, stand-up comedian and holds two master’s in arts and history. She founded Discount-age with the intention of providing her readers with solutions to everyday household problems. During her free time, Joanna loves cooking but usually ends up ordering in.
Table of Contents