Wearing sunglasses isn’t just to look fashionable, it serves an important function in protecting the health of the eyes. Sunglasses protect and shield your eyes from the sun’s UV rays. And this should be a very important tool in every parent’s baby kit. Your babies eyes are even more susceptible to harm as their still developing and it could be problematic if they stare directly into the sun. Check out the Best Baby Sunglasses UK for all the details.
So, parents of newborn’s should select a good pair of sunglasses that are capable of protecting your child from harmful rays. Especially since their eyes are more sensitive to UV and blue light which may cause eye problems later in life.
But the search can be daunting. After all, there are over a hundred different styles and types available out there here. Fortunately, we’ve compiled a list of the best sunglasses that may help you decide the one that is perfect for your baby.
Non Toxic Baby Sunglasses
- Non Toxic Baby Sunglasses
- Toddler Sunglasses
- #1 — Flexible Rubber Kids Glasses – Bendable Baby Sunglasses
- #2 — Cute Cat eye Sunglasses – Infant Baby Girl Sunglasses
- #3 — Cartoon Polarizing Sunglasses for Kids
- #4 — Metal Sun Eyeglasses
- #5 — Folding Lady Bug Sunglasses – Non Toxic Baby Sunglasses
- #6 — Round framed Sunglasses
- #7 — Baby Flip Glasses
- #7 — Candy-coloured Vintage Eyewear
- #8 — Heart shaped sunglasses
- #9 — Spiderman Eyeshades
- Do Babies Need Sunglasses?
#1 — Flexible Rubber Kids Glasses – Bendable Baby Sunglasses
Made from flexible silicone material and TAC Polarized UV 400 frame, this sunglass is suitable for babies and older kids. This one of the Best Baby Sunglasses UK.
- Its flexibility is perfect for kids who love being active outdoors, the polarized lenses help reduce harsh glare and improve your child’s eye vision while under the sun.
- Parents need not to worry about them breaking the frame which might cause accidents.
- This UV protecting sunglasses allows them to enjoy outdoor life while protecting their eyes.
- The item includes a felt case and a silicone strap.
- Polarized lens
- Sturdy frame
- Felt case and silicone strap
#2 — Cute Cat eye Sunglasses – Infant Baby Girl Sunglasses
Make that classic cat-eye look rock with these polarized sunglasses made especially for kids.
- Its frame is made from high-quality silica gel and has lenses that can block harmful UVA and UVB radiation.
- It has hinges that are properly secured with metal hinges and has a frame quality that is both durable and exquisite.
- It also equipped with comfortable nose pads and curved temple arc for a perfect balance fit with your child’s ears.
- With six colors to choose from, this cat eyeglasses will be a great choice for that fun and quirky vibe for your kids.
- Made from silica gel that can block UVA and UVB radiation
- Six color options and cat-themed
#3 — Cartoon Polarizing Sunglasses for Kids
Block the harmful sun rays from your baby’s eyes with these colorful cartoon-themed polarizing sunglasses. These glasses are the best of the Best Baby Sunglasses UK.
- These glasses are made from non-toxic, shatter-resistant polycarbonate lenses and flexible frame.
- Your kids can grab, twist, pull and drop the sunglasses and won’t even break.
- The wrap-around design ensures that your even the surrounding areas around the eyes are protected.
- The polarized lenses provide protection to their little eyes along with the comfort of polarization, ensuring that the images that your child sees with the glasses match what they see without one.
- Cartoon Character themed design
- Made from shatter-resistant material
- Flexible frame
- Wrap-around design that protects even the surroundings of the eyes
- Polarized Lens
#4 — Metal Sun Eyeglasses
Want to have that matching outfit with your baby? Have matching eyewear too with these fashionable sunglasses.
- This stylish eyewear is made of polarizing lenses that are will surely protect your child’s eyes from UVA and UVB.
- The frame is easy to clean and is non-allergenic.
- Reduce having future eye problems with these stylish sunglasses.
- It is suitable for any bonding activity such as shopping, travelling and even just for taking cool, awesome photos.
- Unique style
- Polarized lens to protect your baby from UV rays
- Easy to clean frame
#5 — Folding Lady Bug Sunglasses – Non Toxic Baby Sunglasses
Match your kids playful, silly side with this foldable ladybug sunglasses designed especially for kids. Its cute size is perfect for your little one’s small frame.
- Made from non-toxic polycarbonate and TAC polarized frame this compact eyewear will not fall short in protecting your kids’ eyes from the harmful rays of the sun.
- Have some new outdoor adventures and explore new things with this cool and funky eyewear. This unique pair is one of the Best Baby Sunglasses UK.
- Ladybug design
- Made from non-toxic materials
- Polarized lens
#6 — Round framed Sunglasses
These retro-inspired sunglasses will certainly capture every child fashionista.
- Perfect for both boys and girls, these UV 400 equipped lenses blocks 99 to 100% of UV light.
- The frame made from durable and high-quality polycarbonate which makes these sunglasses perfect for long time use.
- The lightweight plastic arm and skin-friendly nose pad gives a stress-free and comfortable wearing experience.
- Blocks 99% of UV light
- Made from high-quality material so it pretty durable
- Lightweight and comfortable
#7 — Baby Flip Glasses
These vibrantly designed sunglasses are suited to block both UVA and UVB radiation.
- These UV400 rated sunglasses is essential in protecting your babies’ eyes against long term UV damage and keeping your eyes healthy when you go out.
- It is made from silicone material with a strong hinge making it safe and durable. The integrated nose pad and comfortable temple arc will perfectly fit your child’s face.
- Protect from UV damage
- Made from silicone
#7 — Candy-coloured Vintage Eyewear
This trendy and vibrant eyewear will make your baby look super hip and fashionable.
- With the frame made from a quality, lightweight polycarbonate material, this slim and slender styled sunglass will protect your kids’ eyes from harmful UV rays.
- Its nose pad is soft and adjustable and can be fitted to your child’s liking.
- These vintage sunglasses are a perfect match for different dress-up styles.
- Protect’s eyes from UV rays
- Vibrant color with a hipster style
#8 — Heart shaped sunglasses
Show your kids’ lovely side with this heart-shaped sunglasses.
- It has high definition polarizing lenses that protect your kids’ eyes from harmful sunlight.
- The nose pads do not put pressure on the nose leaving kids with a more stable and comfortable eyewear experience.
- The silicone temple is non-toxic and environmentally friendly and is made to easily fit your child’s face.
- Whether the kids are lounging at pool or beach, or playing in the playground, these heart-shaped glasses will keep your eyes shielded from the harsh sun rays, thanks to the built-in UV protection in its lenses.
- High Definition Polarizing lens
- Nose pads provide stability and comfort
- silicone temple region that assures comfort
- UV Protective lens
#9 — Spiderman Eyeshades
This spiderman designed glasses will encourage young boys to protect their precious eyes.
- The frame is securely hinged by metal screws making this sunglasses sturdy and durable.
- The lenses are also anti-reflective allowing parents to take their son’s photos without the camera flash ruining the shot.
- The UV400 also helps block the UV rays that may cause long term damage to the eyes.
- Sturdy and Durable
- Antireflective lens
- Blocks UV rays and protects your child eyes.
Do Babies Need Sunglasses?
When should babies start wearing sunglasses?
Babies should ideally start wearing sunglasses when their 6 months old. This would be a critical time in their lives as their eyes will continue to develop. So, sunglasses will be absolutely important to protect them from the harmful rays of the sun. It will also work as a barrier if your baby looks directly into the sun out of curiosity.
The Best Baby Sunglasses UK are those that are polarized. For example, Cartoon Polarizing Sunglasses for Kids and Metal Sun Eyeglasses. Check out the Best Baby Sunglasses UK for some of the best sunglasses out there.
Are infant sunglasses safe?
Yes. In fact these infant sunglasses actually protect your child eyes from the hatmdul rays of the sun.
But, you will need to choose a reliable safe pair based your child personality and needs. For example, you might needs to consider silicone frames if your child is prone to hurting itself or if its bites things.
However, you will always need to choose polarizing lens as they protect you child from UV rays.
Check out the our list of the Best Baby Sunglasses UK for all the details.