When we have to attend an important meeting it’s obvious we need to look our very best. However, the majority of the time we end up with wrinkled clothes, especially if you’re flying to different meetings. Carrying an iron or running around trying to find a laundry service just won’t cut it when you’re strapped for time. It’s at times the Best Handheld Steamer For Clothes UK come in handy.
Garment Steamers are perfect devices to breathe life back into your wrinkled clothes. It’s light and can fit anywhere in your backpack or purse. It generally doesn’t take more than a minute to heat up and use, and the need for an ironing board is not required as most of the cloths can be steamed vertically while being hung from a hanger.
Although it isn’t an alternative to iron, it can help you out in a jam and most important can help de-wrinkle complex clothes like dresses. Although there are tons of Garment Steamers out there, you should settle for nothing less than the best. Here’s our list of the Best Handheld Steamer For Clothes UK.
How we tested handheld steamer for clothes?
My team and I carried out a survey of more than 20+ best in the market garment steamers. Before making the decision, our team examined the steamers on the basis of their heating time, how efficiently they steam several kinds of garments and how comfortable and easy-to-use the models were.
Furthermore, we took into account the technology they use, their manageability and how the developers crafted the overall design.
After reviewing 50 garment steamers based on various factors like design, performance, functionality, capacity and much more, my team and I at Discount Age Zeroed in on 8 that really stood out. These 8 were further put through a series of stress tests to determine the best. We found that:
The best handheld steamer for clothes in the UK is the Philips Steam & Go Plus Handheld Garment Steamer. It not only has an ergonomic design that allows the user to use the device for long duration but it is also equipped with a Smartflow heated plate technology that provides an optimal temperature which is safe for all fabrics and prevents wet spots from creating patches.
- Best Handheld Steamer For Clothes UK
- #1 — Fridja Handheld Clothes Steamer
- #2 — Tefal Access Steam Minute DT7000 Handheld Garment Steamer
- #3 — YOUNGDO Clothes Steamer
- #4 — Philips Steam & Go Plus Handheld Garment Steamer
- #5 — Beldray BEL0815 Multisteam Pro Portable Handheld Garment Clothing Steamer
- #6 — Beldray BEL0932RG 1500 W Handi Steam Max Pro
- #7 — Aicok Garment Steamer
- #8 — Morphy Richards 361000 Handheld Garment Steamer
- Conair Turbo Extreme Steam Hand Held Fabric Steamer
- How to choose the best handheld steamer for clothes?
Best Handheld Steamer For Clothes UK
|Best Handheld Steamer For Clothes UK||Known For||Price|
|Fridja Handheld Clothes Steamer||Best Compact Steamer||£99.99|
|Tefal Access Steam Minute DT7000 Handheld Garment Steamer||Best Steamer for Delicate Fabrics||£43.95|
|YOUNGDO Clothes Steamer||Best Budget Steamer||£24.99|
|Philips Steam & Go Plus Handheld Garment Steamer||Best Overall||£85.99|
|Beldray BEL0815 Multisteam Pro Portable Handheld Garment Clothing Steamer||Best Travel Steamer||£24.99|
|Beldray BEL0932RG 1500 W Handi Steam Max Pro||Best Steamer for Deep Cleaning||£54.99|
|Aicok Garment Steamer||Best Design||£24.99|
|Morphy Richards 361000 Handheld Garment Steamer||Best Features||£54.00|
#1 — Fridja Handheld Clothes Steamer
The Fridja clothes steamer is excellent for business travel as it can fit perfectly in your suitcase. It has a bottle socket at one end that you can either screw in its own bottle or any plastic bottle, making it versatile and compact. This powerful steamer can put out 1500 watts of power and heats up in no time for use. It’s one of the Best Handheld Steamer For Clothes UK.
- The whole unit weighs about 900 grams making it easy and carry and travel with.
- One full water tank can provide up to 14 Minutes continuous steaming to finish those pile of clothes in one go.
- The Anti-calcium water tank helps make sure your clothes are fresh-pressed and neat.
What’s in it for you?
You can access various modes such as dual-mode for a powerful steam output or eco-mode for lighter output.
- The Fridja Handheld Clothes Steamer is a powerful steamer that puts out 1500 watts of power that is distributed into two modes dual-mode and eco-mode.
- It has an anti-calcium water tank that provided up to 14 minutes of continuous steam that gives the clothes a freshly pressed feel and look.
#2 — Tefal Access Steam Minute DT7000 Handheld Garment Steamer
With a unique design, the Tefal Access Steam Minute DT7000 is a compact 1100 watts handheld steamer that removes the most crumpled creases with ease. It has an extremely long power cable helps move the steamer freely without having to stick to the wall socket. It’s one of the Best Handheld Steamer For Clothes UK.
- The 0.15L water tank is easy to remove for refilling and gives you up to 8 minutes’ non-stop steam removing the need to refill frequently.
- It has just one steam setting that’s safe to use on almost all fabrics even delicates with no risk of burning yourself or the garment.
- The dual voltage feature is a big benefit when travelling internationally as it can support both 120v and 240v.
What’s in it for you?
The Steamer is ready to use in just 45 seconds, it combines 1100W with 17g/min continuous steam to relax creases and sanitize clothes at one go, killing up to 99.9% of known bacteria in the process. Making it not only a powerful but also a hygienic steamer perfect for humid locations.
- The Tefal Access Steam Minute DT7000 is perfect for international business travels as the steamer can support both 120v and 240v.
- It’s simple to use with only one steam setting for all fabric making it versatile and easy for anyone to use.
#3 — YOUNGDO Clothes Steamer
The Youngdo Clothes Steamer is fashionably small and compact that can be folded easily and fits perfectly in the palm of your hand. It has a removable clear water tank that sits on top of the steamer. It’s definitely one of the Best Garment Steamers UK.
- The body of the steamer is designed to steam both vertically and horizontally to suit your posture making it comfortable to use.
- With an 800 watt electric pump, the power of this steamer ain’t much compared to the others but it is an excellent choice as an affordable steamer to carry on family vacations to remove the creases caused while travelling. It’s one of the Best Handheld Steamer For Clothes UK.
- The Steamer has a powerful and quick heating system that heats up in less than 15 seconds saving time on those days when your late and don’t have time to iron.
- The Steam heats up to 150 degrees that instantly soften the fabric and gives a freshly ironed effect.
What’s in it for you?
One of the biggest problems with steamers is the overheating of the steamer with the Youngdo steamer there is overheating fuse protection, that will auto power off when the temperature is too high or overheating.
- The Youngdo steamer is a compact and affordable steamer that is perfect to carry with you for everyday use as the size is no bigger than your palm and fits perfectly in your backpack or purse.
- It heats up to 150 degrees for easy crease removal and is steam ready in 15 seconds saving time when you’re in a rush to a meeting.
#4 — Philips Steam & Go Plus Handheld Garment Steamer
The Philips Steam & Go plus is a swanky looking steamer with a modern design, coming under just 60 pounds it’s truly worth the money. It has a 1300 watts electric pump outlet that can steam both vertically and horizontally and a 2.5-meter length power cable for free movement of the steamer in the comfort of your home or travel.
- It is designed to steam vertically for quick de-wrinkling and refreshes hanging clothes without the need for an ironing board.
- A 1300 watt electric pump automatically provides continuous steam for easy and quick de-wrinkling on almost any fabric making it easy to use by anyone. It’s actually better than some of the best steamer generating irons out there.
- 70 ml detachable water tank provides more than enough steam to handle a whole week of clothes in one go. By far one of the Best Handheld Steamer For Clothes UK.
What’s in it for you?
Smartflow heated plate technology heats the steam plate up to an optimal temperature which is safe for all fabrics and prevents wet spots from creating patches a common issue we all face.
- The Philips Steam & Go is a slick designed steamer with 1300 watts of steam output.
- It can steam both vertically and horizontally at a continuous flow which can de-wrinkle almost any fabric with ease.
- It has a detachable water tank can be removed and refilled with a holding capacity of 70ml that can easily handle your clothing for the week making an ideal steamer for home use.
#5 — Beldray BEL0815 Multisteam Pro Portable Handheld Garment Clothing Steamer
The Beldray multistream pro loved for its compact look and feel has 1200 watts of power and provides an impressive 25 g/min of continuous steam for fast removal of creases.
- The Multi-steam Pro is lightweight in design with an ergonomic handle making it easy for steaming both vertically and horizontally reducing pressure on your back.
- It has a 260 ml water tank with the measuring cup and the steamer will take just 45 seconds to heat up while the brush attachment opens up the weave of fabric for deeper steaming.
- The six-hole nozzle allows the steam to penetrate into the fabric and has a continuous steam flow for fast removal of stubborn creases.
What’s in it for you?
The wide steam exit on the head of the steamer allows the steam to soak deep into the fibres removing the most stubborn of creases, giving them a fresh and neat feel and look.
- The Beldray Multi-Steam Pro is designed to be light in weight with an ergonomic handle that allows you to steam both vertically and horizontally.
- The six-hole nozzle head provides deep steam penetration for crease removal, perfect for removing creases on your curtains in your home.
#6 — Beldray BEL0932RG 1500 W Handi Steam Max Pro
Another amazing steamer by Beldray the BEL0932RG is much more powerful than his predecessor with a 1500 watt power output. It has a 270ml removable water tank that can be steam ready in just 30 seconds and can last up to 15 minutes with the need to refill. It’s one of the Best Handheld Steamer For Clothes UK.
- It has an LED monitoring screen where you can switch between two power modes as per your steaming requirement.
- Anti-Calc Filter is a new addition to the steamer that reduces the calcium in the water to give the clothes a refreshing look.
- The auto-shutdown safety feature turns off the steamer when it is overheating or kept ideal with the power supply on making it safe for everyone to use.
What’s in it for you?
The fabric brush provided with steamer sinks deep within the fabric and deep clean upholstery with minimal effort a big plus as most steamer only work on garments.
- The Beldray Handy Steam Max Pro comes in a charming Rose Gold finish providing 1500 watts of power and a 270 ml removable water tank.
- This powerful steamer will be ready to use in 30 seconds flat and offers 15 minutes of usage from just one charge. Hard to believe that all of this comes in at just 40 pounds.
#7 — Aicok Garment Steamer
The Aicok garment steamer is an affordable clothes steamer with a sleek design and is compact enough to fit in your travel bag. This steamer holds its own when compared to others in its range, with 1500 watts of output power and can continuously steam for 14 minutes without a problem. It’s definitely worth every pound.
- Its quick heating system is steam ready in just 15 seconds, one of the fastest steamers in its range.
- The 120 degrees temperature means it works faster than ironing and allows it to freshen clothes and keep the fabrics around your home away from dust mites.
What’s in it for you?
The Aicok garment steamer is designed with the pulse boost technology that provides steam at high temperature and pressure, this process is gentler on clothing and eliminates scorching.
- The Aicok Garment Steamer is a sleek looking affordable steamer that puts out 1500 watts of output power.
- Its quick heating system is steam ready in just 15 seconds and can provide continuous steam for over 14 minutes.
#8 — Morphy Richards 361000 Handheld Garment Steamer
The Morphy Richards 361000 is the beast of the lot with a massive 1750 watt power output. If you are scared of using irons cause of the risk of getting burnt then this steamer is the answer for you as the steamer is only 250 watts less to a regular iron but provides the effect on clothes as an iron.
- Express Steam means you don’t need to use an ironing board to remove creases and odours just vertically hang the cloth and let the steamer do its job.
- The Creaser feature is a unique one where you can press and crease perfect sleeves.
- The express steam option allows the steamer to be ready in 35 seconds, just plug in and revive your clothing.
What’s in it for you?
The Morphy Richards 361000 has dual steam modes eco mode & turbo mode. Eco-mode conserves water in the water tank and Turbo mode removes the most stubborn of creases.
- The Morphy Richards 361000 is one of the most powerful steamers with 1750 watts of power output distributes among two-mode, eco mode for extended use over 14 mins and turbo mode for removing the worst of crumples.
Conair Turbo Extreme Steam Hand Held Fabric Steamer
- Another handheld steamer that kills 99.9% of bacteria and gets rid of dust and viruses due to the high temperature.
- It’s very easy to use and heats up in 40 seconds. It’s great to use for wedding dresses, suits and other bulky dresses as well.
- It comes in 3 in 1 attachments that helps in ironing better.
- Kills 99.9% bacteria
- 40 seconds heat up
- 3 in 1 attachments
- Easy to use.
Do steamers really work on clothes?
Steamers do help get the wrinkles out of clothes. However, it only works well on certain types of fabrics. Most importantly, it also depends on the type of clothes steamer. For example, handheld clothes steamers work very well on delicate fabrics like cotton and silk. Vertical steamers help get the wrinkles out of thicker material like curtains and upholstery.
Steamers are extremely useful when it comes to ironing out delicate clothes like expensive suits and dresses. Unlike steam Irons, it helps improve the longevity of the clothes as well.
How to choose the best handheld steamer for clothes?
Here’s what to look for in a clothes steamer:
- Type: There are usually two types of steamer: home and travel. Home steamers come with long poles and aren’t portable whereas the handheld travel steamers are portable. Buy according to your requirements.
- Power modes: Usually a two set power modes are enough for a handheld steamer for regular usage. However, you can go for higher options for power modes according to your needs.
- Features and attachments: You’ll get a lot of accessories along with your steamer like brushes, handles etc. You’ll also find quite a number of features which sometimes might not be of use and would be redundant. Choose accordingly.
- Energy usage: Check each machine’s wattage and energy usage. Large machines usually require a lot of wattage to run.
- Budget: It’s the best to buy a budget friendly. However, if you require an extremely high end model for commercial purposes then it’s okay to go for an expensive one.
Types of Garment Steamers
There two common types of garment steamers. And choosing the right one would not just depend on your requirements but the fabric of the clothes as well.
Handheld Garment Steamer
- This is the most common type of garment steamer and also the most affordable Almost all the garment steamers on this list is a handheld. Although these are common there also the most versatile in function. You simply have to hang your clothes and run this steamer along the surface to get rid of the wrinkles.
- These machines also happen to be extremely portable and you can easily carry it when travelling. Of course, when it comes to function these garment steamers do a pretty good job. However, it does have it’s own cons as well. For example, because it’s quite portable, it comes with a relatively small tank. So, you’ll have to refill the water more than a few times when dealing with a massive pile of clothes.
Vertical Garment Steamer
- Vertical Garment Steamers are different from their handheld counterpart not just in design but also in effectiveness. While handheld steamers are useful when it comes to thin and fragile fabric, these vertical garment steamers are a Godsend when it comes to getting rid of wrinkles on thick fabric.
- These devices usually have a hanger and pole built into the device itself and it comes with a huge robust cylinder that can generate a ton of pressurised steam. It can also large for a long duration making it perfect for large piles of clothes. Check out our list of the Best Handheld Steamer For Clothes UK for all the details.
What is the best clothes steamer to buy UK?
The best clothes steamer to buy in the UK would have to be the Philips Steam & Go Plus Handheld Garment Steamer. This beauty is designed to steam vertically for quick de-wrinkling and it breathes life into hanging clothes without the need for an ironing board.
. The Philips Steam And Go Plus is equipped with a Smartflow heated plate technology that heats the steam plate up to an optimal temperature that can be used on all fabrics. Check out our list of the Best Garment Steamers UK for more details.
Are steamers better than irons?
A few steamers are better than irons but not all of them are. Streamers blow out soft billows of steam through the fabric and melt the creases. Whereas irons use moisture, heat as well as pressure to get rid of wrinkles and smoothen the clothes.
It’s better to use steamers as they are portable and work well with clothes that have sequins, beads or other tailoring work.
Is clothes steamer worth it?
It’s a necessity to wear crease-free clothes in today’s time. Clothes steamers have become notably out there in the market because of how easy it is to use. There’s no portability issues, which is quite a common concern while using an iron.
The steamers have also used advanced techniques and a range of settings to ensure no damage to the clothes. Clothes steamers not only limit themselves to the steaming of clothes but include delicate home goods like curtains and bedsheets.
What type of clothes steamer should I go for?
Primarily, there are two categories; Upright and handheld steamers. Both archetypes have a similar function, but to find the one that best fits you, you should keep in mind these some of the important differences.
If you have a pile of clothes to steam daily, upright steamersappear more appropriate as they would allow you to steam for longer and have a huge water tank built into their base. However, these garment steamers are mostly bulky, expensive and less portable.
In comparison to upright steamers, handheld steamersare lighter and portable. Handheld steamers are regularly used for household purposes and are more sophisticated. They have a tiny water tank and are available at cheap prices.
- Sewing Machines With Unbelievable Features
- Most Popular Teenage Clothing Brands in The UK
- Amazing Steam Cleaners That Will Easily Get Rid Of The Toughest Stain
Joanna is a writer, poet, stand-up comedian and holds two master’s in arts and history. She founded Discount-age with the intention of providing her readers with solutions to everyday household problems. During her free time, Joanna loves cooking but usually ends up ordering in.