Cooking the perfect batch of rice is actually pretty hard. Most of the time we either overcook it or it comes out as an inedible chalky substance. Although Rice isn’t that popular in the UK, it still the staple diet of most households. So, if you want an easier way to cook the perfect rice to accompany your curry, check out our list of the Best Rice Cookers UK.
Rice cookers are brilliant devices designed to get both the temperature and timing right, essentially creating the best rice. However, While there are many rice cookers in the market, not all are worth it.
If you’re going to be investing in a device that specifically cooks rice, you need to make the most of it. Ideally, you need to choose a Rice Cooker with amazing supportive features that can cook all types of rice perfectly while maintaining nutrients and quantity. Here’s our list of the Best Rice Cookers UK.
After running 30 popular rice cookers through a barrage of performance tests, our team at Discount Age concluded that:
The best rice cooker in the UK is the Ninja Foodi Electric Multi-Cooker. This cooker not only has a large capacity and a convenient design but it is also 70% faster than most conventional cooking appliances. Most importantly, the Ninja Foodi Electric Multi-Cooker uses a unique technology that helps retain the nutrients while cooking, making it one of the healthiest cookers in the market.
- Best Rice Cookers UK
- #1 — Ninja Foodi Electric Multi-Cooker [OP300UK]
- #2 — Yum Asia Bamboo Induction Heating Ceramic Rice Cooker
- #3 — Lakeland Mini MultiCooker
- #4 — Yum Asia Sakura Rice Cooker
- #5 — Cuckoo automatic rice cooker CR-0331
- #6 — Tefal all-in-one CY505
- #7 — Judge Family Rice Cooker
- #8 — Tefal Multicook Advanced 45-in-1 Multi-Cooker
- #9 — Sage BR600UK Risotto Plus Multi Cooker
- #10 — Cookworks 1.5L Rice Cooker
Best Rice Cookers UK
|Best Rice Cookers UK||Specifications||Best for|
|Ninja Foodi Electric Multi-Cooker [OP300UK]||6L cooking capacity;|
8 cooking functions
|Best overall rice cooker|
|Yum Asia Bamboo Induction Heating Ceramic Rice Cooker||1.5L cooking capacity;|
5-layer 3mm Joubu coated inner bowl;
Multi-function with LCD display
|Best induction rice cooker|
|Lakeland Mini Multi Cooker||1.8L cooking capacity,|
Multi-function with 8 presets;
|Best single-touch rice cooker|
|Yum Asia Sakura Rice Cooker||8 cups capacity;|
7 phase cooking style;
LCD touch control panel
|Best smart rice cooker|
|Cuckoo Automatic Rice Cooker CR-0331||3 cups capacity;|
3D cooking technology;
Easy to use
|Best single purpose rice cooker|
|Tefal all-in-one CY505||12 cup capacity;|
Zero water wastage system;
|Best rice cooker for house parties|
|Judge Family Rice Cooker||1200g cup capacity – 18-20 portions of rice;|
|Best rice cooker for a family|
|Tefal Multi cook Advanced 45-in-1 Multi-Cooker||5L cooking capacity;|
LED control panel;
45 cooking presets;
5-layer aluminum bowl
|Best programmable rice cooker|
|Sage BR600UK Risotto Plus Multi Cooker||3.7L cooking capacity;|
6 cooking modes;
PTFE and PFOA free ceramic bowl
|Best multi function rice cooker|
|Cookworks 1.5L Rice Cooker||1.5L cooking capacity;|
8 cups of rice at a time;
2 cooking modes;
Non-stick glass bowl
|Best affordable rice cooker|
#1 — Ninja Foodi Electric Multi-Cooker [OP300UK]
The Ninja Foodi Electric Multi-Cooker is an amazing multi-pressure cooker. It can slow cook food to perfection and also fry crispy fries perfect for your entire family to use. This electric multi-cooker is one of the Best Rice Cookers UK.
- It has a 6-litre holding capacity which allows you to cook rice while steaming vegetables or meat at the same time. This can be super useful if you’re in the mood for some hotpot.
- The Ninja Foodi can cook food 70% faster than most conventional cooking methods making it perfect to have a quick meal before heading out.
- TenderCrisp technology is used in the inner lining of the rice cooker that can cook food without losing out on the proteins making it a healthy option to cook food for your children.
What’s In It for you:
Cooking an entire meal is possible with the reversible rack, where you can cook rice at the bottom rack and cook meat on the top.
- The Ninja Foodi Electric Multi-Cooker is the best option if you are looking for a commercial-sized rice cooker.
- It weighs about 12kgs and can be comfortably placed on your kitchen counter.
- With a 6-litre cooking capacity, it can cook an entire meal in minutes without losing the nutrients in the food using Tendercrisp technology.
#2 — Yum Asia Bamboo Induction Heating Ceramic Rice Cooker
The Yum Asia Bamboo Induction Heating Ceramic Rice Cooker is an Advanced Induction Heating Phased Rice cooker that can perform multiple functions from steaming food to baking treats. Most importantly this cooker is completely induction based. This popular device is, hands down, one of the Best Rice Cookers UK.
- It’s designed with a 5-layer 3mm thick Joubu ceramic coated inner bowl is used that can cook rice to perfection every time, perfect for people who aren’t used to cooking rice.
- UMAI Induction Heating Technology is the latest in induction heating that can perform multiple cooking functions with ease.
- The inner holding bowl can hold a capacity of 8 cups of uncooked rice around 1.5 litres that can serve a family of four.
What’s in it for you
The 5-layer 3mm thick Joubu Ceramic Coating of the inner bowl slow cooks the food and helps retain nutritional value.
- The Yum Asia Bamboo Induction Heating Ceramic Rice Cooker is built around the UMAI Induction Heating Technology that can help it perform multiple cooking functions.
- The 1.5 litres 5-layer 3mm thick signature Joubu coated inner bowl can cook varieties of rice in minutes while still retaining the nutritional value.
#3 — Lakeland Mini MultiCooker
The Lakeland Mini Multi-Cooker is a favourite by most for its size as everyone can use it without much difficulty. It is light in weight and the most affordable rice cooker on our list, which will become essential if you live alone in your apartment.
- Designed to be light in weight it can easily be placed on your kitchen table and wouldn’t occupy much space perfect for a small home.
- The Lakeland Mini Multicooker has multi-cooker programs, that has slow and quick-cooking options can make soup, stews, and curries.
- The One-touch cooking option can cook rice with the press of a button without the need of you being around
What’s in it for you
An inbuilt digital timer is set so the rice is cooked perfectly every time removing the chance of the rice getting overcooked, ideal for beginner cooks.
- The Lakeland Mini Multicooker is a lightweight and easy to use multipurpose rice cooker that can fit perfectly on your kitchen counter.
- It can cook rice within minutes with its one-touch cooking option for a quick meal and also slow cook food for the best tasting results.
#4 — Yum Asia Sakura Rice Cooker
The Yum Asia Sakura Rice Cooker is a super-smart rice cooker that performs exceptionally well and provides results much like a Japanese rice cooker. It uses advanced technology that cooks rice in phases. First, it preheats the rice and removes water from it. After which, it heats the rice till it comes to boil and then gradually steams the rice to perfection. Simple and easy!
- The rice cooking bowl inside is designed to cook rice equivalent to the Japanese style for those perfect sushi rolls.
- This rice cooker has an eight-cup capacity that serves 5-6 people; perfect for a dinner party.
- A 7-phase cooking style is implemented where the rice is preheated, water is absorbed, heated, boiled, steamed, cooled down, and kept warm with steam.
What’s in it for you
Fuzzy Logic Technology cooks rice similar to the Japanese style of cooked rice, giving it a fresh and fluffy texture.
- The Yum Asia Sakura Rice Cooker can hold up to 8 cups capacity.
- Its advanced technology cooks rice in a 7 phase cooking style, Preheating, absorbing water, heating, boiling, steaming, cooling down, and keeping the rice warm with steam for a perfect rice meal every time.
#5 — Cuckoo automatic rice cooker CR-0331
The Cuckoo Automatic Rice Cooker is a simple and easy single-purpose model of rice cookers. They provide you with a measuring cup to correspond with the cooking line inside the rice cooker for consistent results.
- The Cuckoo Automatic Rice Cooker is a single purpose rice cooker and is super simple for anyone to use.
- The measuring line helps you understand the right amount of rice to be used for the desired amount of people to avoid wastage.
- 3D system heating from the base, sides, and lid for even cooked rice which most rice cookers fail to do in its range.
What’s in it for you
There are measuring lines imprinted within the inner bowl of the rice cooker to make sure you don’t exceed the amount of water to be poured. So you can get the most consistent results.
- The Cuckoo Automatic Rice Cookers is a single purpose rice cooker that can hold up to 3 cups of uncooked rice.
- It is a straight forward single bottom model that evenly cooks rice every time with its 3D cooking technology.
#6 — Tefal all-in-one CY505
The Tefal all-in-one rice cooker is the beast of the lot, there is never a chance for wastage as the rice cooker can reheat left-over rice which is a blessing if you’re not good at gauging how much rice is required. It removes all the extra-condensed water and provides sticky and clumpy free rice.
- A large rice holding cooking capacity is perfect for families with more than 4 members.
- The re-heating feature helps with zero wastage of food as the leftover rice can be reheated in the same cooker.
- Extra-condensed water that usually causes clumping in the rice is removed with a collector inside for fresh non-sticky rice.
What’s in it for you
A 12 cup large capacity cooking unit is perfect for family parties, along with its reheating option there is no wastage of rice. The rice cooker is ideal for people who host parties at home.
- The Tefal All-in-one rice cooker comes with a large cooking capacity and has a zero wastage system where you can reheat leftover rice ideal for everyday family use.
- It cooks rice to perfection with its condensed water collector so there isn’t a chance for the rice to get clumpy or sticky.
#7 — Judge Family Rice Cooker
The Judge Family Rice Cooker does as the name says cooks rice for the entire family at a very affordable price. It can also steam vegetables and makes amazing risotto. It’s simple and easy to use as it has a one switch heating system to manual heat or steam food.
- The rice cooker has a cooking capacity of 1200g of uncooked rice that serves up to 18-20 portions, perfect of families.
- It can also steam vegetables making it any everyday usable kitchen essential.
- One switch cooking system helps you judge the cooking time, so your food is not overcooked and can be stopped at any time.
What’s in it for you
The Inner bowl of the rice cooker is coated with a high-temperature resistant alloy that can boil vegetables at a consistent heat to make sure they’re cooked all the way through.
- The Judge Family Rice Cooker is an all-rounder and easy cooking solution for families, its large holding capacity of 1200g makes it easy to serve 4-5 members and it also steams vegetables making it an essential in every home.
#8 — Tefal Multicook Advanced 45-in-1 Multi-Cooker
The Tefal Multicook Advanced Cookers is the most versatile as its equipped with multiple programs. The Multi-cooker has a patented spherical aluminium bowl with 5 layers for consistent and amazing cooking results every time you use the product.
- This multi-cooker has a patented spherical aluminium bowl with 5 layers for consistent and evenly cooked food every time.
- It has a holding capacity of 5 litres about 10 cups and a transparent lid to see the water to rice ratio.
- It can perform up to 45 programs like frying, stew, and bake to name a few. The perfect all-rounder for every home.
- An LED control panel is given to select the cooking style to prepare portions accordingly.
What’s in it for you
Tefal’s incredible multi-cooker comes with a host of accessories steam basket, rice spoon, soup spoon, spoon rack, and measuring cup – allowing you endless cooking possibilities.
- This advanced rice cooker has a holding capacity of 5 litres and can perform up to 45 programs of cooking methods that can be controlled from its LED screen.
- The rice cooker is a patented product for its 5 layer aluminium bowl to make sure that your food is cooked evenly every time you use it, perfect for the beginner in the kitchen.
#9 — Sage BR600UK Risotto Plus Multi Cooker
The Sage BR600UK is one of the most user-friendly rice cookers that is priced under the £100 prime mark. This combination cooker lets you steam, sear and cook different dishes apart from rice. It comes with a large cooking bowl that can easily cook up to 20 cups of rice in one go.
- This multi-functioning cooker comes with a Risotto making function, Saute function and Steaming function allowing you to cook not only rice, but even a variety of other dishes.
- It has a large 3.7L bowl that can cook up to 20 cups of rice and even comes with keep warm functionality that allows the food to remain warm hours after the dish has been prepared.
- The cooking bowl comes with PTFE and PFOA free ceramic coating which makes it rather easy to clean.
What’s in it for you
The Risotto Plus from Sage is a brilliant multi-cooker that lets you steam, sear or cook meals such as rice, quinoa, vegetables like mushroom, onions and even meat dishes.
- This rice cooker has a holding capacity of 3.7 liters and comes with 6 cooking modes that can be set from the row of controls on the front of the cooker.
- It’s an easy to clean cooker that uses a non-stick interior and removable bowl that is dishwasher safe.
#10 — Cookworks 1.5L Rice Cooker
This 1.5L rice cooker from Cookworks is an affordable contraption that cooks rice in a precise manner so it doesn’t get burnt. It’s a smart rice cooker that makes sure no water boils over the sides and the rice gets cooked thoroughly.
- The Cookworks rice cooker has an internal capacity of 1.5L allowing you to cook up to 8 cups of rice at a time. That’s the equivalent to a meal for 8-10 people.
- There’s a non-stick bowl which can be cleaned easily and this electric rice cooker comes with 2 settings – Warm & Cook.
What’s in it for you
The Cookworks 1.5L rice cooker is ideal for family dinners and is perfect even if you’re a bachelor living alone. It’s fairly easy to use and comes with two settings to cook/heat up your rice.
- This rice cooker can hold around 1.5L and comes with 2 cooking modes that can be set by switching the toggle on the front of the cooker.
- It’s an easy to clean cooker that uses a non-stick interior and comes with a measuring cup and spoon.
Which rice cooker is best?
The best rice cooker would have to be Yum Asia’s Bamboo Induction Heating Ceramic Rice Cooker. It’s the most popular rice cooker currently in the market.
- This rice cooker not only prepares the best rice but it also comes with a 5-layer 3mm thick Joubu ceramic coated inner bowl. This coating helps cook rice to perfection whilst maintain nutrition. Check out our list of Best Rice Cookers UK for all the details.
Are rice cookers worth buying?
If you cook rice on a regular basis, rice cookers are definitely worth the investment. Unlike old school rice cookers, these modern kitchen appliances come with fantastic functionality and brilliant features which will let you prepare different types of rice and grains.
- For example, the Ninja Foodi Electric Multi-Cooker [OP300UK] is a brilliant rice cooker that is 70% faster than similar appliances. It not only cooks your food fast but it also maintains the nutritional components of the food.
- You can also use this cooker to cook fries. It comes with a patented TenderCrisp Technology on the inner lining of the rice cooker that can cook food without losing out on the proteins. Check out our list of Best Rice Cookers UK for all the details.
What should I know before buying a rice cooker?
A rice cooker should essentially make your life much simpler. Specifically, it should let you focus on other tasks rather than stand in front of a pan and watch the rice boil. So, when investing in a rice cooker there are certain factors you need to consider.
- It’s better to invest in a rice cooker that does more than just cook rice. There are plenty of brilliant devices that cook all sorts of rice including special rice grains like brown rice.
- These rice cookers can also cook quinoa, pasta, Risotto and even cake. Buying a multifunctional device will be much more useful than buying a simple rice cooker. Especially since the prices aren’t that different.
Rice cookers with the “keep warm function” is an absolute must as it will help you keep the rice warm for a few hours after you’ve cooked it. This feature will prevent you from having to re-heat it in a pan or a microwave or prepare another batch. Check out our list of the Best Rice Cookers UK for more details.
How much should I spend on a rice cooker?
While there are devices that can cook rice for as little at 8 pounds these microwave rice cookers aren’t really good. Not only is the quality sub-par but the rice it prepares isn’t nutritional. Most importantly, these rice cookers won’t come with those useful extra features.
Electric rice cookers range from 20 pounds to 300. And ideally, you should invest in a cooker based on your portion requirements. A rice cooker that costs about 150-200 is perfect for a three-member family.
- These Air Fryers Can do More Than Just Cook French Fries
- These Food Processors Can Help Save a Tremendous Amount Of Prep Time
- Check Out These Fantastic Multi-Cookers That Can Even Bake Cakes
Joanna is a writer, poet, stand-up comedian and holds two master’s in arts and history. She founded Discount-age with the intention of providing her readers with solutions to everyday household problems. During her free time, Joanna loves cooking but usually ends up ordering in.