Ever since I decided to move to an apartment in the city from the countryside, I’ve always had one lingering regret: the lack of a fireplace. Come winter and I always miss the Christmas decorations around the fireplace and drinking hot chocolate while catching up on my reading.
Since I couldn’t bring my fireplace from the country, I decided to find some alternatives and surprisingly, I actually did find suitable fireplaces known as Electric Log Burners. Check out our list of Best Electric Log Burner UK for all the details.
Best electric log burner – Quick summary
|Best electric log burner||Features|
|BeModern Stanton Eco Electric Wood Burner||Adjustable thermostat|
|Endeavour Fires Castleton Electric Fireplace Suite||13 color mode function|
Updated thermostatic remote control
|Dimplex Brayford 2 KW Electric Log Burner||Opti-flame effect2 heat settings|
|HOMCOM Freestanding Electric Fireplace||Safety Thermal cut-off device Realistic LED frame|
|NETTA Electric Fireplace||Powerful fireplace with 2000W|
Eco Friendly log burner
|Warmlite Stirling 2 KW Compact||Affordable|
Safety thermal cutoff feature
|Garden Mile Black Retro Oval Log Burner||Portable and lightweight|
|Dimplex MZT20 Mozart Suite Fire in Black||Concealed control|
Fan heater with 2 heat settings
|The Adam Helios Brushed Steel Electric Fire with Pebble Bed Glow Effect||No assembling required|
Lightweight with extra attachments
While electric products such as these electric log burners are great alternatives both in terms of look and function, choosing the right one can get a bit daunting. So, we at Discount Age have compiled a list of the Best Electric Log Burner UK.
After reviewing close to 50 Electric Log burners based on various factors like design, function, features and price, my team and I at Discount Age zeroed in on 10 that really stood out. These 10 were further put through a series of stress tests to determine the best. We found that:
The best electric log burner in the UK is the BeModern Stanton Eco Electric Fireplace Natural Oak. This electric log burner emulates a traditional fireplace with it’s gorgeous natural oak and almond finish. It also has a thermostat to control the heating. Most importantly, it elevates the ambience is quite cheap for a fireplace.
- Best Electric Log Burner UK
- BeModern Stanton Eco Electric Fireplace Natural Oak
- Endeavour Fires Castleton Electric Fireplace
- Dimplex Brayford 2kW Electric Log Burner
- HOMCOM Freestanding Electric Fireplace
- NETTA Electric Fireplace Stove Heater
- Warmlite Stirling 2 KW Compact Electric Freestanding Stove Fire
- Garden Mile Portable 1.8Kw Black Retro Oval Log Burner
- Warmlite Elmswell Electric Curved Contemporary Freestanding Stove Fire
- Dimplex MZT20 Mozart Suite Fire in Black
- The Adam Helios Brushed Steel Electric Fire with Pebble Bed Glow Effect
- How to choose electric log burner
Best Electric Log Burner UK
BeModern Stanton Eco Electric Fireplace Natural Oak
The BeModern Stanton Eco Electric Fireplace is my first choice for its stylish and smooth finish. With modern chrome trims and sleek lines making it flawless fit in any home. It can also warm up the room by adjusting the thermostatic control for the perfect living room temperature.
- Its design is meant to be energy efficient and can be used as a hall decoration to create a lovely ambience.
- Natural Oak and Almond finish make it stand out in every room with the hassle of a chimney.
- The Log burner has a black electric fire with chrome trim as borders and a glowing log bed feature resting in a black fire basket for a natural feel.
What’s in it for you
The electric log burner has an easy to use thermostat control for energy-efficient settings according to the room and programmable to turn on at your preferred time.
- The BeModern Stanton Ecl Electric Fireplace is known for its stylish natural oak and almond finish.
- It provides a black electric fire with chrome trim on the borders with glowing logs to give it a natural fireplace look.
- It has an adjustable thermostat that helps adjust the temperature of the room while saving energy.
Endeavour Fires Castleton Electric Fireplace
Currently rated as the best electric log burner, this one from Endeavour Fires comes in all white and is equipped with a 100% LED lighting system. It comes with a multi-functional 7-day programmable thermostat and uses built-in room temperature sensors that will automatically detect whether a door or window is open and adjust the flame settings accordingly.
- This modern day fireplace is designed and manufactured according to the Lot 20 eco-design requirements and is energy efficient.
- It gives off a realistic effect and is equipped with a 13 color mood lighting function that can be cycled depending on the ambiance you want in the room.
- The remote for this unit comes with a LCD display that shows you the current settings, making it easier to adjust the flames and lighting.
What’s in it for you
The Endeavour Fires Castleton is one of the most energy efficient electric log burners that utilizes less than 11w per hour and you can program the fireplace for up to 7 days at a time.
- It’s easy to install and the operation is flawless thanks to the updated thermostatic remote control.
- The 13 color mood function is powered by low energy LEDs.
- This fireplace is designed with Lot 20 eco-design approved specifications making it energy efficient.
Dimplex Brayford 2kW Electric Log Burner
Dimplex Brayford has been known to manufacture some of the most elegant and traditional looking log burners and one of their best burners is the 2kW Electric Stove. It’s packed with a couple of heat settings and the flame looks quite real.
- This electric log burner comes with a 2kW heat output that is ideal for medium sized rooms and you have access to two different heating modes that can be set via the remote control.
- It’s designed to be maintenance free and comes with a safety approval from BEAB Intertek.
- The Dimplex Brayford 2kW is a compact electric burner making it an ideal choice for all types of homes.
What’s in it for you
The Dimplex Brayford is one of the most affordable natural looking electric log burners that even has a log effect fuel bed and can be used all year round.
- 2kW heat output and two heat settings to choose from.
- It’s made from MDF and has a shiny matte finish. Something that looks great in any room.
- Low maintenance and 100% efficient
HOMCOM Freestanding Electric Fireplace
The HOMCOM freestanding Electric Fireplace is designed keeping in mind to give you the feel and glow of an actual fireplace without the heavy cost or mess. It has a solid iron body and a toughened tempered glass in a compact design that will look good anywhere in your home.
- It has a thermostat to control the temperature to your comfort and the brightness is adjustable to set the mood of the room.
- This electric log burner has a safety cut-off feature that shuts down the unit if the temperature crosses a certain point.
- Its brightness can be adjusted to set the glow of the room to whatever compliments your mood.
What’s in it for you
The electric log burner requires some very little assembly and is easy to put together, so you can enjoy your warm lit room in just a short space of time.
- The HOMCOM Freestanding Electric Fireplace is designed to be compact with a vintage fireplace feel.
- It has a solid iron body with a tempered glass screen.
- It has an adjustable thermostat that can control the temperature of the room to your comfort.
NETTA Electric Fireplace Stove Heater
The NETTA electric log burner is a sleek looking freestanding heater, that comes with a black or white finish and bronze-effect handles that add to a large window display for a classy fireplace look. The log burner provides a realistic flame effect that comes from LED lights that give the effect of real logs burning.
- This electric log burner has a natural wood flame effect that comes from LED lights to give you the illusion of actual wood burning with two heat settings.
- The brightness of the log burner is adjustable according to the mod you want to set the room in.
What’s in it for you
There are two heat settings on the electric log burner that provides comfortable and warm temperatures for the room.
- The NETAA electric fireplace comes in a compact design that is made to be suitable for any sized home.
- It has a black body finish with bronze handles.
- It has LED lights to provide a natural wood flame effect with two heat settings to adjust the temperature in your room.
Warmlite Stirling 2 KW Compact Electric Freestanding Stove Fire
Another winner from Warmlite is the sterling 2KW, it is an affordable log burner that features a 2000W heating element. It has a thermostat to control the temperature and brightness adjustment to light up the room to your comfort with its natural flame effect.
- If you’re looking for a small affordable electric log burner for your study or office space this one would definitely light things up.
- A 2000w heating element provides excellent heating in minutes that can be adjusted with an inbuilt thermostat.
- Its compact design makes it easy to fit in small spaces making it an affordable option for any home.
What’s in it for you
This electric log burner comes with a 2-year warranty once registered online making it affordable and worth buying for any home.
- The Warmlite Sterling electric log burner is the most affordable option with a 2000W heating element that can be controlled with a thermostat.
- It has a LED screen on the window that displays a natural wood burner flame effect that has a safety cut-off to ensure your safety while it is on.
Garden Mile Portable 1.8Kw Black Retro Oval Log Burner
The Garden Mile Portable log burner is the ideal option to take to your cabin in the woods. Its smart design makes it easy to carry and put away.
- It has a LED flame effect that is adjustable to heat which can be controlled from on top of the eclectic log burner.
- This electric log burner has an automatic overheat cut-off that avoids the chance of any mishaps with the heating element.
- It has the option to switch off the heating element once you are comfortable with your room temperature.
What’s in it for you
The Overall compact design makes this log burner an ideal choice to take with you to your cabin getaway without the need of sourcing out wood.
- The Garden Mile Portable log burner is a lightweight easy to carry electric burner.
- It has a panel of options on top of the unit to adjust the temperature and the brightness of the LED light.
- It has an automatic cutoff for your safety if the heating element gets overheated.
Warmlite Elmswell Electric Curved Contemporary Freestanding Stove Fire
The Warmlite Elmswell Electric Curved Log Burner is one of the most modern designed log burners in the market. It has two heat settings that range from 1000W-2000W that can be adjusted with a thermostat.
- It provides a realistic flame effect combined with a black cast iron body design.
- The heat the electric log burner puts out is strong and adjustable that can warm up a room in minutes.
- The cast-iron stove design gives it a rustic and modern look that is sure to give a classy look to any room.
What’s in it for you
The two heat settings provide excellent and quick heating ranging from 1000W-2000W that can be adjusted with thermostat control. Making sure you have ample heating in your room.
- The Warmlite Elmswell Electric Curved Log Burner has a cast-iron stove design that has two heat settings that can be controlled with its thermostat and a LED window that provides warm illumination of a natural fire.
Dimplex MZT20 Mozart Suite Fire in Black
The Dimplex Mozart Suite Black is by far the most swanky looking electric log burner on my list. It has an electric fire powered by a 2kW fan heater that can easily heat any room in seconds. If you’re looking for a traditional-looking fireplace this one will take you back in time and set the mood.
- It has the design of a traditional fireplace that has a gloss black surround and a marble effect back panel.
- It provides two heating options for its powerful 2kw fan heater that can be controlled with a thermostat.
- The overall built of this log burner is really sturdy and can hold its own for time to come.
What’s in it for you
The electric log burner has Optiflame that has a unique way of generating realistic, simulated flames and creates the illusion of flames promising to provide a warming glow to any room.
- The Dimplex Mozart Suite Black is one of the most traditional looking fireplaces on my list. It has a strong and sturdy design that is built to last.
- A 2kW heating fan that can heat up a room in seconds and can be controlled with a thermostat.
- It provides a unique Optiflame that creates a natural flame effect to illuminate the room.
The Adam Helios Brushed Steel Electric Fire with Pebble Bed Glow Effect
The Adam Helios electric log burner is a sleek, modern, and stylish option for the modern design enthusiast. Its design makes any room stand out with glamour because of its swanky design.
- It has two heat settings that provide ample heating no matter what the weather is like outside or it can be used without the heating element providing you alluring flames from the pebbles.
- Comes with decorative pebbles that give it a natural fireplace look and feel.
- The steel body build makes it sturdy and light in weight, so it is easy to fit and move around but will withstand external temperatures and daily wear and tear.
What’s in it for you
It comes with extra feet adjustments that come with the log burner if you would like to set it a bit higher or behind a hearth.
- The Adam Helios electric log burner is an expensive steel-bodied fireplace that has two heat settings with natural flame illumination from underneath pebbles.
- It is light in weight and comes with extra attachments to help you fix it to your comfort.
- If you’re looking for a modern designed sturdy electric log burner this one is top of the class.
How to choose electric log burner
Type of burners: They come in 3 varieties: freestanding, suite and well-mounted. The most common type is freestanding which is easy to move and requires no fiddly installation. Suite type resembles the traditional fireplace with a shelf on top whereas the well-mounted one are in a fixed position.
Controllable thermostat: This is an important feature that will let you set the desired temperature, will adjust the heat settings automatically, turn the burner off automatically or maintain the temperature. This is to ensure comfort, convenience as well as saving money by avoiding high heat settings.
Remote control: This will let you operate the log burner while sitting on your couch. There are also high end smart digital remotes that control usage meters, time controls etc.
Time controller: There’s also such a feature in the electric log burner where you set the time and go back to completing your tasks, after a few minutes you’ll find the room to be warm.
Safety cut-off: This is an important feature as safety is the foremost thing to keep in mind while using the log burner. This feature switches off the unit if it can lead to overheating.
Adjustable heat and LED lights: Most of the electric burners have this feature where you can turn on lighting if you don’t require the room to be heated. It’s an idea for the times your radiators are already switched on.
Electric log burner Vs gas or solid-fuel burner?
Here are some of the reasons why to buy an electric one instead of a solid fuel one:
- No installation or chimney required: The electric log burners don’t require a chimney and are far more easy to set up, even the huge ones. All you need is a plug socket to switch it on. Moreover it looks more or less like the real one.
- Instant heat: This is probably the best part about it. You don’t need to wait for it to get heated as they heat up the moment you switch them on. Even the small sized ones that are low priced can heat up very quickly.
- Instant cooling: It heats fast and also cools fast. You don’t need to wait for the burners to cool down. Many burners have automatic thermostats in which you can control the temperature.
- No solid fuel required: Although fuel gas burners are eco-friendly, romantic as well as vintage, it requires fuel that should be stocked up every now and then and it’s also a bit messy.
- Heat rooms without gas access: It requires no main gas access to be heated up. The best part about it is that it can heat up rooms that are cold as hell in no time.
Are electric log burners any good?
Yes, electric log burners are awesome. They heat up the room quickly and are 100% energy efficient.
Are electric log burners expensive to run?
As mentioned before, they are 100% heat efficient. This means that all the energy used comes out in the form of heat in the room. Although they are expensive to run, the maintenance and set up cost is negligible which can balance the initial cost.
Can an electric log burner heat up a room?
Yes, definitely electric log burners are made for heating purposes only and can instantly head the room after turning on the switch. There are controlled thermostats as well that can be used to control the temperature of the room to avoid overheating.
Are electric log burners noisy?
Electric log burners produce heat with rotating mirrors and light. The noises can be heard inside the fireplace but it isn’t so loud.
What is the most realistic electric fire UK?
The most realistic electric fire in the UK would have to be the Dimplex MZT20 Mozart Suite Fire in Black. This electric log burner has managed to get not only the look and feel of a fire place but also the function. It has an amazing 2K heating element and offers two heating modes that can be controlled through an attached thermostat.
This electric log burner is also equipped with an Optiflame technology that simulates realistic flames and creates the illusion of flames providing a warming glow the room. Check out our list of the Best Electric Log Burner UK for all the details.
Joanna is a writer, poet, stand-up comedian and holds two master’s in arts and history. She founded Discount-age with the intention of providing her readers with solutions to everyday household problems. During her free time, Joanna loves cooking but usually ends up ordering in.