It doesn’t have to take hours to prepare a tasty and well-cooked meal. There are appliances that can be a useful substitute for the dreadful and long traditional cooking method. For example, an Electric Pressure Cooker is one of the best ways to cook without getting your hands dirty in the process, just add ingredients to the pot, and secure the lid. Check out our list of the Best Electric Pressure Cooker UK 2020 for all the details.
Unlike those old school pressure cookers that rattled and took ages to cook a meal, The modern Electric Pressure Cooker not only cooks food in a short time but it also comes with unique smart features to support your cooking to bring out the nutritious value and taste of every ingredient. This appliance should also not be mistaken for a rice cooker as it can do so much more.
So, If you’re into making stews, soups, and one-pot dishes in a third of the time it would take you in the oven or on the stove, we think you’ll appreciate owning an electric pressure cooker. However, it can be daunting investing in the right appliance. Which is why we’ve compiled a list of the Best Electric Pressure Cooker UK 2020.
After reviewing more than 50 electric pressure cookers based on various factors like capacity, effectivity, functionality and features, our team at Discount Age zeroed in on 8 that were really good. We then put these 8 through various stress tests and found that:
The best electric pressure cooker is the Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus 10-in-1. With a high-end 1200 W heating element, it is one of the fastest electric cookers in the market. This cooker has 48 preset functions among other features that significantly help shorten the cooking duration.
- Best Electric Pressure Cooker UK
- #1 — TEFAL All-in-One Pressure Cooker
- #2 — Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus 10-in-1
- #3 — Ninja Foodi Electric Multi-Cooker
- #4 — Pressure King Pro 12-in-1
- #5 — Sage Fast Slow Pro
- #6 — BOSCH AutoCook Multi-Cooker
- #7 — Crock-Pot Express Pressure Cooker
- #8 — Aobosi Pressure Cooker Electric Multi-Cooker
- #9 — Aigostar Happy Chef 7-in-1 Electric Multi-Cooker
Best Electric Pressure Cooker UK
|Best Electric Pressure Cooker UK||Known For||Price|
|TEFAL All-in-One Pressure Cooker||Best Overall||£79.96|
|Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus 10-in-1||Best All Rounder||£116.81|
|Ninja Foodi Electric Multi-Cooker||Best for Crispy Food||£199.00|
|Pressure King Pro 12-in-1||Best Budget Electric Pressure Cooker||£54.99|
|Sage Fast Slow Pro||Best High End Electric Pressure Cooker||£597.00|
|BOSCH AutoCook Multi-Cooker||Best Features||£199.00|
|Crock-Pot Express Pressure Cooker||Best for Hot Pot Dishes||£70.63|
|Aobosi Pressure Cooker Electric Multi-Cooker||Best for Cooking Deserts||£69.99|
|Aigostar Happy Chef 7-in-1 Electric Multi-Cooker||Best Safety Features||£191.99|
#1 — TEFAL All-in-One Pressure Cooker
The Tefal All-in-One Pressure Cooker is one of the best electric pressure cookers in the market. Not only does it have a larger capacity and amazing features but it’s also one of the fastest cookers out there. So, it’s perfect if you lead a fast-paced life and want to save loads of time. Most importantly is one of the more affordable models.
- With a 6L capacity, you can easily prepare food for around 6 people. This easy to maintain cooker also comes with 25 programs to make your life much easier.
- As mentioned earlier this cooker saves time. It does this through an All-in-one function that cooks dishes faster than traditional methods. Additionally, it even locks in all the flavour and nutrients.
- It has cool modes like DIY chef mode that lets you set the cooking time and various other parameters like temperature. You can also set a 24-hour delay timer if you’re really busy. Just add the ingredients, set the timer and enjoy it the dish a day later.
- Most importantly, you get a Keep warm function that maintains the heat if the food till your ready to heat. This makes it an extremely convenient device.
What’s in it for you?
It has a bunch of features to keep you out of safe. For example, it has a one-button steam release feature that lets out the pressure easily. You will not have to fumble around and burn your hand. It also comes with lid locks to prevent a mess.
- The 25 one-touch programs and the safety features help save you time and keep you safe at the same time.
- As it has a tightly sealed lid, you can expect retention of nutrients.
#2 — Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus 10-in-1
The newest edition by Instant Pot is at the top of our list for its durability and variety of options as it can cook food with 48 preset functions. It can cook lamb to the point where the meat literally falls off the bone, all with a one-touch button function simple for anyone to use. It’s one of the best Best Electric Pressure Cooker UK.
- It is the fastest among the lot, easy to use by new users and the most versatile for experienced instant pot owners.
- 1200W heating element reduces the time required to preheat, allowing you to make meals faster for those days when your friends decide to stay for dinner.
- Quickcool technology helps reduce pressure release time which is a huge relief considering the amount of time other pressure cookers take when cooking meat.
What’s in it for you
Most people are hesitant to use pressure cookers because the steam release process is risky, with Easyseal the lid automatically seals itself while the steam diffusing cover takes the fear out of the pressure release process.
- The Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus 10-1 is the fastest and safest electric pressure cooker, it has 48 presets to choose from to cook your food which can be done with the one-touch button function convenient for anyone to use.
- Quickcool Technology reduces the risk of the pressure release, perfect for people who have never used an electric pressure cooker before.
#3 — Ninja Foodi Electric Multi-Cooker
The Ninja Foodi Electric Multi-Cooker is an amazing choice if you are health conscious as the pressure cooker can also air fry food. It has a second detachable lid to work as pressure or slow cooker, and the main lid acts as a crisper that air fries chips to a beautiful crisp. The accessories that come along with the pressure cooker are easy to clean and help save time as their all dishwasher-safe.
- Fast one-pot meals can be prepared as the cooker can cook both meat/vegetables on the top rack and rice in the bottom at the same time.
- When cooking in air fryer mode the food is made with 75 Percent less fat than traditional frying methods for a healthy and tasty meal.
- A large 6 Liter cooking pot holds up to 5 cups of uncooked rice and 3.6 Litre Cook and Crisp baskets above it, holding up to 1.1 kg of French fries or a whole 2 kg chicken. It’s one of the best Best Electric Pressure Cooker UK.
What’s in it for you
A big advantage of the Ninja foodie is that all the accessories are dishwasher-safe, so at least you can cook without worrying about the time it takes to wash up.
- The Ninja Foodie can prepare fast one-pot meals as the cooker has two compartments within, a 6-litre rice cooking pot in the bottom and a 3.6-litre crisp basket that can cook meat/vegetables on top.
- The air fryer cooks food with minimal oil for healthy meals without compromising on taste.
#4 — Pressure King Pro 12-in-1
The Pressure King Pro is one of the most efficient, fast cooking and affordable electric pressure cookers in the market. It can cook anything from pasta to tender meat all under 25 minutes perfect for a family on-the-go. The automatic 24-hour delay timer and fast reheat button are a big plus so there is never a cold meal served.
- It can cook up a meal 90% faster than traditional pressure cookers, prepare meals in minutes rather than hours saving time and energy.
- The ceramic coated 5-litre cooking pot retains nutrients and vitamins up to 95% when compared to traditional cooking methods.
- Pressure King Pro is a patented and proven safety device, the locking lid only opens once the pressure is released, an audible alarm is sounded off when the lid is not shut properly.
What’s in it for you
The Keep Warm mode automatically turns on when your food is cooked avoiding excess heating and to make sure your food stays hot till you’re ready to eat.
- Pressure King Pro is one of the most affordable electric pressure cookers in the market. It has a ceramic coated 5-litre cooking pot that can cook meals 90% faster than other pressure cookers without compromising the nutrients and vitamins. It’s one of the best Best Electric Pressure Cooker UK.
- The locking lid is patented and proven safe with an audible alarm that goes off in case the lid is not shut properly making it safe for everyone to use.
#5 — Sage Fast Slow Pro
The Sage Fast Slow Pro is an easy to use an electric pressure cooker, it is an excellent choice if you are a beginner in the kitchen. It’s quite bulky in size but makes up for it by the variety of dishes that are prepared in it.
- The body of the cooker is made of stainless steel with a three-way safety system – safety locking lid, hands-free auto steam release and safety valve for risk-free cooking.
- 6 Litre holding capacity can pressure cook, slow cook, steam, reduce, sauté and sear with the press of a button. The fully interactive LCD will let you know when it’s building pressure, cooking and releasing steam.
- There are two sensors one on the top and one at the bottom help monitor ingredients for more accurate temperature and pressure control to maximise flavour and texture.
- 8 cooking programs and three heat settings help with slow-cooking meat for 2-8 hours and then automatically switches to keep warm once the meat is done cooking.
What’s in it for you
The 3-way safety system ensures there is no risk while releasing the pressure from the cooker with the help of a safety locking lid, hands-free auto steam release, and safety valve. The cooker automatically sets the correct release method for Quick, Pulse or Natural for the best results.
- The Sage Fast Slow Pro has a 6-litre holding pot that can cook food with a single press of a button.
- It controls temperature and pressure control with two sensors that are there on the top and bottom of the cooker.
- The 3-way safety system ensures there is no risk while using the electric pressure cooker making it user friendly for beginners.
#6 — BOSCH AutoCook Multi-Cooker
The Bosch AutoCook comes with 50 preset programmes that help cook varieties of different food, it can also slow-cook, steam, fry, bake and cook vacuum-packed food. It has a 12-hour delay start and 20-hour keep-warm function making it easy to keep the food hot and tasty till it is served.
- It has a 5-litre cauldron style non-stick cooking pot that is convenient in size and can be cleaned using a dishwasher.
- The cooking pot is split into two parts, the bottom rack to cook rice and a fry basket on top to cook meat and vegetables. It’s one of the best Best Electric Pressure Cooker UK.
- The AutoCook is an amazing feature that cooks a tasty hot meal to return home to and is kept warm with the keep-warm function. This makes it the ideal buy for any busy household.
What’s in it for you!
The Bosch AutoCook can store personalized recipes of your choice, all you have to do is put in the ingredients and set the programmed recipe and done. Perfect if you are working from home and need to have a quick meal.
- The Bosch AutoCook is designed around a 5-litre cauldron style cooking pot with a 2 layer steamer basket.
- It has over 50 cooking programmes to choose from to make a variety of dishes.
- The 12-hour delay start and keep warm feature really helps in a busy lifestyle as the pressure cooks the food as programmed and keeps it warm for over 10 hours till it is served on your plate.
#7 — Crock-Pot Express Pressure Cooker
The Crock-Pot series of pressure cookers is very well known for its one-pot cooking style, the programmable multi-cook allows you to slow cook, pressure cook, saute and steam.
- The body of the Crock-Pot is designed with an airtight locking lid that stays sealed under pressure for additional safety. It has a non-stick coating prevents food from sticking to the pot making it easy to clean and is dishwasher safe.
- This electric pressure cooker has a one-touch digital menu simple and easy for anyone to use.
- A delay start timer gives you the flexibility to start the cooker at a programmable time and keeps your food warm at serving temperature.
What’s in it for you
If you live a busy lifestyle and prefer a home-cooked meal more rather than eating outside, the Crock-Pot is ideal for you as you can program the delay cook time, add the ingredients and be on your way to come back to a completely self-cooked healthy meal.
- With Crock-Pot Express you can prepare an entire chicken in less than 30 mins, 70% faster than an oven.
- The pot is a non-stick removable bowl that can easily be cleaned by putting it in the dishwasher.
- It has an 8 touch button menu where you can program a delay timer for later planned meals which can be kept warm using the keep-warm function.
#8 — Aobosi Pressure Cooker Electric Multi-Cooker
The Aobosi 6 Liter Multi-functional cooker can cook meals without the worry of cleaning up several pots. It’s the all-in-one solution for creating meals in the kitchen. Aobosi electric pressure cooks food in a manner where the healthy nutrients in the food are largely retained, perfect for a growing family.
- The 6 level cooking pressure and 3 level texture are provided to meet your personalized taste, and also prepare your own style with “manual” function.
- 24 hours Automatic keep-warm and Delay Time features help you have full control over your cooking.
What’s in it for you
Safety standards were kept high while designing the Aobosi Electric Pressure Cooker keeping you in mind, featuring 10 proven safety mechanisms, dry cooking and overheating protection, heat-insulated housing, ensure safe operation for daily use by beginners or professionals.
- The Aobosi Electric Pressure Cooker is versatile for its 17 built-in programs that help you cook all 3 meals in a day with ease.
- With the sealed pressure cooking technology it allows you to cook food faster at the same time retaining moisture and nutrients. It’s one of the best Best Electric Pressure Cooker UK.
- The delay time and keep warm function help you plan your meals so they are cooked and kept warm at all times.
#9 — Aigostar Happy Chef 7-in-1 Electric Multi-Cooker
The Aigostar Happy Chef electric pressure cooker is efficient, compact and 90% faster than other traditional cooking methods. The inner lining of the cooking pot is designed to retain the nutritious value of the food, as well as save more space since it combines 7 functions in 1, with 15 smart built-in programs.
- Cooking with the lid open can be done with Aigostar Electric Pressure Cooker, just open the lid and switch the handle to lock position.
- The Aigostar Happy Chef is designed with 9 Protection Mechanisms to ensure safety while using the pressure cooker. It’s one of the best Best Electric Pressure Cooker UK.
What’s in it for you
The pressure cooker comes with 15 built-in programs to satisfy your cooking needs. It is able to save up to 70% of your time and labour, making sure you spend that time with your family and not in the kitchen.
- The Aigostar Happy Chef Electric Pressure Cooker is compact and easy to use. It can cook food in minutes 90% faster than other conventional cooking methods.
- You can also prepare meals with the lid open, a feature not many electric pressure cookers have. The body has 9 protection mechanisms to ensure your safety.
How to choose the best electric pressure cooker
Unlike stovetop pressure cookers that do more or less the same job, electric pressure cookers vary with regards to various factors like capacity, design and features. And when investing in a long term Kitchen appliance like an electric pressure cooker, you must take these factors need to be taken into consideration.
- By size, I refer to both the size of the electric cooker itself and the internal capacity. Of course, both are related to each other. However, sometimes you do tend to get bulky robust electric pressure cookers with a relatively smaller internal capacity that just isn’t worth it.
- So, always make sure to take into consideration the type of food you’ll primarily be preparing and the number of people you’ll be feeding before choosing an electric pressure cooker.
- Electric pressure cookers these days come with features that are far beyond the regular cookers that are primarily used to cook rice and some curry. These days the electric pressure cookers come with a bunch of features like slow cooking feature, baking, searing, and even deep-frying features.
- Of course, there are also features that can make your life a whole lot easier by helping you save time. These cookers also come with timer functions and other automation features. You should ideally take these features into consideration before investing in an electric cooker as these can come in handy when you want to test your culinary limits and if you lead a fast-paced life.
- Price, of course, might seem obvious. However, this really important feature when it comes to electric pressure cookers as they can range from 80 quid to hundreds of pounds. However, most of the time it’s actually the appliances that cost around 100 that have the best features and performance. So, it’s a very important factor to take into consideration.
Which electric pressure cooker is best?
The Instant Pot Duo Evo Plus 10-in-1 is one of the best electric pressure cookers in the market today. It not only prepares thee dish extremely fast but it also has specific features which help you bring out the flavour and taste of multiple ingredients.
- It has proprietary Quickcool technology that helps reduce pressure release time which is an absolute gift, especially when your cooking meat which takes a lot of time. Check out our list of Best Electric Pressure Cooker UK for all the details.
- These Household Items on Amazon UK Blow Your Mind
- These Vacuum Cleaners are perfect for Compact Spaces
- The Latest and Greatest Things on Amazon UK
Best Electric Pressure Cooker UK
Looking pressure cookers to cook a variety of dishes? Check out our list of the Best Electric Pressure Cooker UK for all the details.
Product SKU: EPC67009
Product Brand: Instant Pot
Product Currency: GBP
Product Price: 116.81
Product In-Stock: Available