Wrinkled clothes are a pain to get rid off and regular irons simply won’t cut it. You’ll have to spend quite a bit of time and effort to get rid off one measly little wrinkle. A steam generator iron, however, makes ironing effortless and easy for anyone in the household to do. Check out our list of Best Steam Generator Iron For Hard Water 2021 for more details.
The best steam generator irons are equipped with a plate that evenly distributes heat along with powerful steam function that easily gets rid of wrinkles. It also speeds up the process for those who do a lot of ironing every week.
Choosing the right steam generator iron can be tricky, as they can have different steam pressure outlets that might not fare well with the fabric your ironing. This list will help clear the confusion so you can find the Best Steam Generator Iron For Hard Water. These irons can use hard water to cut through wrinkles of everyday clothes to 3 layered quilts.
After reviewing close to 50 steam generator irons, my team and I zeroed in on the top 8. These 8 were chosen based on various factors like design, features, functionality, price and most importantly, the ability to use hard water to generate steam. The 8 were further subjected to various stress tests to find the best. We found that:
The best steam generator iron for hard water is the Tower Steam Generator Iron with Non-Stick Ceramic Soleplate. Not only does it have an ergonomic design but it also has an extremely large tank that can ensure continuous generation of steam for a duration of 3 hours. Most importantly, it also evenly distributes heat, making it one of the best in its segment.
- Best Steam Generator Iron For Hard Water 2021
- #1 — Tower Steam Generator Iron with Non-Stick Ceramic Soleplate
- #2 — Morphy Richards Jet Steam Generator Iron
- #3 — Swan SI11010N Iron with Ceramic Soleplate
- #4 — Tefal GV8932 Pro Express Autoclean 2200 W
- #5 — Philips PerfectCare Elite
- #6 — Tefal GV9591G0 Pro Express Ultimate
- #7 — Philips PerfectCare Elite Plus GC9682/86
- #8 — Morphy Richards 332017 Steam Generator
Best Steam Generator Iron For Hard Water 2021
#1 — Tower Steam Generator Iron with Non-Stick Ceramic Soleplate
The Tower Steam Generator Iron is at the top of our list for its powerful vertical and continuous steaming options that can make quick work of your laundry. It has a removable large water tank for continuous use, really useful when handling curtains and beddings. It’s one of the Best Steam Generator Iron For Hard Water.
- You don’t have to worry about your clothes getting burnt or not getting enough heat as this appliance is equipped with easily adjustable temperature control.
- The Tower Steam is designed to distribute the heat evenly so the need to iron both sides is not required. A lifesaver when you’re in a hurry and need to head out looking dapper.
- It has a Powerful steam outlet can steam clothes vertically, perfect for ironing shawls and scarfs during winter.
What’s in it for you
The cordless feature is one of the amazing and useful things about this iron that makes it efficient and easy to use. All those hard spots can be easily manoeuvred with this feature.
- The Tower Steam Generator Iron has one of the most powerful steam outlets in its range.
- It has a temperature control dial to adjust the heat according to your liking and material you are ironing.
- The Iron has a cordless feature making it easy to use and move around.
#2 — Morphy Richards Jet Steam Generator Iron
The Morphy Richards Jet Steam Generator Iron made it to our list for its durable design. The water spray and steam functions can easily be controlled for perfect ironing results every time. It is equipped with a large water tank for long and continuous use making quick work of anything you throw at it.
- The body of the Morphy Richards Jet Steam is made to look big and heavy to cover and apply enough heat and pressure to remove crease but is still easy to control and manoeuvre.
- Replaceable anti-scale cartridges are included to help prolong the life of the product.
- 100 g high-level steam output can help you get through your ironing pile of the week with ease and this makes it one of the Best Steam Generator Iron For Hard Water.
What’s in it for you
Get ironing quicker with a steam generator that heats up and is ready to use in less than two minutes. The hardwearing soleplate is made of Stainless Steel that is incredibly durable to last and will keep removing creases for years to come.
- The Morphy Richards Jet Steam Generator Iron is built for durability with a stainless steel soleplate and large body.
- A 100 g high-level steam output can ease the removal of creases and a large water tank for continuous use to get done with the weekly laundry in one go.
#3 — Swan SI11010N Iron with Ceramic Soleplate
The Swan Iron is one of the fastest and powerful heat-generating steam generator irons in the market with 2200w of power. It has a large 1.5-litre water tank that is removable which can easily last for a good while before the need to refill. It can also vertically steam and can handle large items with ease.
- A large removable water tank helps with ironing large piles of clothes in one go without the need to refill water.
- The heating features are easily controlled with a dial control on top of the iron which can be tweaked according to your liking.
- The Iron can vertically steam with its powerful 100 g steam output making quick work out of curtains and bedsheets.
What’s in it for you
The Soleplate at the bottom of the iron is made from ceramic to make sure the cloth does not stick to the iron, a very big relief for people new to using steam generator irons who don’t know what temperature to apply when ironing different materials.
- The Swan Iron is a 2200w powerful heat-generating iron with a large tank of 1.5 litres.
- The soleplate is made from ceramic to avoid sticking of paint on the cloth to the soleplate. It’s one of the Best Steam Generator Iron For Hard Water.
- It has a 100 g steam output that can easily steam vertically with a carry handle.
#4 — Tefal GV8932 Pro Express Autoclean 2200 W
When you look at the Tefal Pro Express you see a strong and reliable steam generator iron and gives you an overall sturdy feel to it. It irons with the auto clean soleplate and anti collector which increases the life of the iron. The locking system and automatic cord rewind make this iron safe and easy to use.
- The Safety locking system is an amazing feature to avoid accidents when using the iron
- The iron has an eco-friendly energy consumption setting that conserves energy up to 20%.
- Patented removable scale collector collects more scale particles for long-lasting steam power and effortless crease removal.
What’s in it for you
The Tefal Pro Express has a powerful steam generator that can dish out 6.5 Bars of pressure and 400 g/min shots of steam. It can easily remove creases within seconds saving a lot of time.
- Tefal Pro Express is built to be a strong long-lasting steam generator iron.
- It has a patented scale collector that collects scale particles for long-lasting steam power and 400 g/min of steam pressure that makes easy work of any creases on any cloth material.
#5 — Philips PerfectCare Elite
The Philips PerfectCare Elite is an efficient and most affordable iron among the Philips series. It has a large 1.8-litre removable water tank that fits in a lightweight body of 800 grams for easy manoeuvring. With a steam output of 165g/min of continuous steam, it can handle most creases with ease.
- The powerful steam output can handle multi-layers and thicker fabrics with ease perfect to take care of those thick winter quilts.
- The Iron has a 1.8 Liter detachable water tank that is steam ready in just 2 minutes and ready to go. It’s one of the Best Steam Generator Iron For Hard Water.
- The Easy De-Calc Plus system collects limescale continuously while ironing, a light indicator, and alert sound go off to tell you when it needs to be emptied. Simply remove the plug and let the water and scale particles flow out.
What’s in it for you
Philips PerfectCare Elite unique features are the no burn Optimal Temperature Technology. This means you can safely iron any fabric from jeans to silk using just one temperature setting. This top-end product is one of the Best Steam Generator Irons UK.
- It has a steam output that can tackle through most multi-layered cloth materials without issues.
- The water tank has a1.8 litre capacity.
- Your steam is ready in just 2 mins.
- The most unique feature is the No Burn Optimal Temperature Technology that controls the temperature according to the material to avoid burn marks.
#6 — Tefal GV9591G0 Pro Express Ultimate
The Tefal Pro Express Ultimate has a powerful steam output of 155g/m with a steam boost option of 600g/min that can take care of the thickest of materials leaving it creaseless. It holds a large removable water tank of 1.9 litres and is steam ready in 2 mins, ideal for families.
- The steam outputs up to 180g/min of continuous steam for quick ironing and creaseless results.
- 600g/min of steam pressure is put out in boost mode to remove stubborn creases in a flash.
- The Anti-drip Protection System converts water droplets into steam to prevent clothes from getting stained, while the removable Scale Collector removes up to 10 times more particles.
What’s in it for you
The soleplate of the Tefal Pro Express is made of ultra-thin Durilium Airglide Autoclean which gives you 33% more glide and optimal steam diffusion for high-efficiency ironing, while the Auto Clean catalytic coating protects it from stains.
- The Tefal Pro Express dishes out 180g/min of steam pressure with a boost mode of 600g/min, it can take care of any crease on the thickest of materials with ease.
- No stains from the water residue will occur with the Anti-drip Protection System in place.
#7 — Philips PerfectCare Elite Plus GC9682/86
The PrefectCare Elite is light in weight and produces a steam pressure of 165g/min and can be boosted up to 600g/min taking care of the most heavily creased material. It has a 1.8-litre large removable water tank for continuous use on large piles of laundry. This premium piece is by far one of the Best Steam Generator Irons UK.
- It produces a constant 165g of steam per minute and its boost function can be activated by double-tapping the finger triggers up to a mind-blowing 600g/min.
- 1.8-litre large removable water tank and an easy-to-use anti-calc system enable you to fill it with regular water to remove the limescale, you simply unscrew the rear cap and pour away the waste contents.
- The PrefectCare Elite is known for its Optimal temperature technology that lets you iron any material from silk to denim without having to adjust any temperature settings.
What’s in it for you
The iron is amazingly light making it easy and effective for vertical steaming of curtains and hanging clothes. Combined with the T-ionic Glide soleplate, gliding is fast and effortless, reducing wrist strain.
- The PrefectCare Elite is a powerful Steam Generator Iron with 165g/min and can be boosted up to 600g/m with double-tapping of the finger triggers.
- It has a 1.8-litre removable water tank with Optimal Temperature control that can steam and handle a variety of fabrics.
#8 — Morphy Richards 332017 Steam Generator
The last Iron on our list is the Morphy Richards 332017, it tops off as the best all-rounder among the lot. It has a 5 bar pump pressure and a powerful 120g of constant steam, the Power Steam is able to easily glide through creases. The high pressure penetrates fabrics more loosening creases through thick layers.
- The IntelliTemp feature makes ironing faster and easier as it maintains a balance of temperature and steam allowing it to be used on any ironable fabric including wool and silk.
- The large removable 2.2-litre tank once filled can easily handle a few baskets of clothes. When a refill is required the control panel will alert you, so you can simply detach the tank, fill it up and carry on using the iron.
- Glide through your clothing pile with the smooth Ceramic soleplate. The soleplate is a combination of aluminium and ceramic coating making easy work of most crumbled creases.
What’s in it for you
Motion sensors are used in steam irons to know how fast you’re ironing and when it’s ideal. The DynamiQ steam mode releases the right amount of steam as you move slower over deep creases to remove the creases faster.
- The Morphy Richards comes with a large 2.2-litre removable water tank with 120g of constant steam pressure.
- IntelliTemp feature controls temperature and steam balance so the iron can handle even wool and silk.
- It has a ceramic plated soleplate that takes care of the most crumbled creases without a problem.
How To Buy The Best Steam Generator Iron
While a regular iron is useful you really don’t want to be spending hours ironing out the wrinkles from huge linen sheets or massive hoards of clothes it’s best to stick to steam generator iron as it can cut through those wrinkles. So if you deal with a lot of clothes on a regular basis, investing in a steam generator iron with a large capacity would be immensely helpful.
Other than capacity, you should also look into investing in irons with useful features such as auto temperature control. This will automatically allow your iron to adjust according to different fabrics.
Most importantly, if you live in an area that has only hard water then invest in a steam generator iron with de-scaling function. Of course, you can also use a hard water filter.
Which is the best steam generator iron to buy?
The best of the best steam generator irons would have to be either the Morphy Richards Jet Steam Generator Iron or Philips PerfectCare Elite Plus GC9682/86 with the Tower Steam Generator Iron close trailing behind.
- These steam generators are currently the best in the market. Not only do they have brilliant features that will make your life a whole lot easier but every single steam generator can cut through a large laundry pile in minutes. Check out our list of the Best Steam Generator Iron For Hard Water for all the details.