When it comes to really stubborn stains a mop or a vacuum simply won’t cut it. After all, vacuums can’t really clean stains and it would take quite a bit of elbow grease to use a mop to clean undesirable stains. Steam cleaners are the ideal solution to this never-ending problem. Check out our list of the Best Steam Cleaners UK for all the details.
Steam Cleaners use simple tap water to create high pressurized steam that can clean and disinfect stains/dirt. There’s no need for any harmful chemicals as the steam generated by these machines can kill 99.9% microbes.
Of course, other than this functionality, the majority of the modern steam cleaners basically behave like a vacuum cleaner/mop. They’re lightweight, easy to use and come with remarkable features. While it might be a bit daunting to choose the best check out our list of the Best Steam Cleaners UK for all the details.
After testing around 30 popular steam cleaners for over two weeks and putting it through a series of stress tests, our team at Discount Age zeroed in on eight machines that were highly effective. We found that:
The best steam cleaner in the UK was the Karcher SC5 easyFix Premium Steam Cleaner. This steam cleaner is lightweight and has a compact tank which can easily be manoeuvred around common household obstacles. Most importantly, this steam cleaner comes with various attachments and brushes that can effectively remove all types of stains.
- Best Steam Cleaners UK
- #1 — Karcher SC5 easyFix Premium Steam Cleaner
- #2 — Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner
- #3 — Bissell Vac & Steam 1977E
- #4 — Polti Vaporetto Pro_95 Turbo Flexi
- #5 — Comforday Multi-Purpose Handheld Pressurized Steam Cleaner
- #6 — Shark Klik n’ Flip Automatic Steam Mop S6003UK
- #7 — Russell Hobbs RHSM1001-G Steam and Clean Steam Mop
- #8 — Vileda Steam Mop
Best Steam Cleaners UK
|Best Steam Cleaners UK||Price||Check it out on Amazon UK|
|Karcher SC5 easyFix Premium Steam Cleaner||£334.00||Link|
|Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner||£169.99||Link|
|Bissell Vac & Steam 1977E||£615.00||Link|
|Polti Vaporetto Pro_95 Turbo Flexi||£289.00||Link|
|Comforday Multi-Purpose Handheld Pressurized Steam Cleaner||£36.99||Link|
|Shark Klik n’ Flip Automatic Steam Mop S6003UK||£147.99||Link|
|Russell Hobbs RHSM1001-G Steam and Clean Steam Mop||£33.00||Link|
|Vileda Steam Mop||£55.99||Link|
#1 — Karcher SC5 easyFix Premium Steam Cleaner
The Karcher SC5 easyFix Premium Steam Cleaner is by far one of the best machines in the market. It’s a top range steam cleaner that can easily get rid of even the most stubborn of stains and dirt.
- This steam cleaner has a fairly simple lightweight design. It comes as a complete set of a 1.5L refillable tank and all the attachments/brushes required to thoroughly clean any stain.
- There is absolutely no need for you to use chemicals as you can clean even the toughest of stains with just tap water.
- This steam cleaner comes with a powerful 4.5 bar pressure that can kill 99.9% of all microorganisms.
The Karcher SC5 easyFix Premium Steam Cleaner has a unique Vapo hydro function that combines steam and a blast of hot water to remove even the most stubborn of stains.
- Powerful 3.5 bar super-heated steam
- Cleans using your tap water
- Lightweight and easy to use
- 1.5L water capacity
- Multiple accessories
- Vapo Hydro Function
#2 — Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner
The Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner is one of the most efficient and all-round cleaners available in the market. It has a high cleaning power and can deliver a stellar performance that can easily match professional steam cleaners. It’s one of the Best Steam Cleaners UK.
- This steam cleaner is quite lightweight and portable with a tank size if 1600ml which can last for around 50 minutes. It’s also has a retractable handle, an extra-long power cord of 5m, a steam hose that can extend up to 2m and wheels at the base.
- Not only is this steam cleaner designed to make your life a lot easier, but it is also super durable and can last for years to come.
- The Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner can easily remove stubborn stains, dirt, grease and other nasty stuff while eliminating 99.9% of pathogens. It’s extremely effective against bacteria, viruses, mould and even bedbugs.
- It creates low moisture superheated steam from simple tap water in under 7 mins. You can virtually clean any surface and you can do it continuously with the steam lock feature.
This steam cleaner is extremely versatile. Unlike other similar cleaners, this one can clean undesirables from not only any type of floors but also furniture, kitchen appliances, car interiors and even clothes.
- Low moisture high-temperature steam
- Works on virtually any surface
- Heats up in under 7 minutes and can last for 50 minutes
- Easily removes all stains and undesirables.
- Tank capacity of 1600ml
#3 — Bissell Vac & Steam 1977E
Bissell is one of the best brands when it comes to cleaning products and this steam cleaner is certainly one of the best. As obvious as it sounds, this Bissell Vac & Steam 1977E is both a powerful vacuum and steam mop. This dual-nature helps you clean efficiently without switching between multiple machines.
- This machine is designed to look like a futuristic vacuum cleaner design. It’s quite lightweight and is equipped with easy touch digital control. These controls along with the adjustable handle ensure a convenient and easy cleaning session.
- It also has a flexible pivoting head which helps you manoeuvre around furniture. Since this is a vacuum/Steam mop hybrid, it comes with detachable and washable steam mop pads.
- You get two types of mop pads which are great. One soft pad for delicate floors and one scrubby pad to remove those stubborn stains.
- This is a chemical-free steam cleaner so all you need is some tap water.
As mentioned earlier, the Bissell Vac & Steam 1977E is a powerful cyclonic vacuum and a steam mop hybrid. This basically, lets you clean both solids and liquid undesirables without having to switch between various machines. Most importantly, it comes with a quick-release trash container that helps you dispose trash easily.
- Cyclonic vacuum and a steam mop hybrid
- Chemical-free steam cleaner
- Two types of mop pads
- Quick-release trash container
- Flexible pivoting head
- Easy touch digital controls
#4 — Polti Vaporetto Pro_95 Turbo Flexi
Like the Dupray Neat, this Polti Vaporetto Pro_95 Turbo Flexi is another high-performance steam cleaner that specialises in eliminating 99.9% of germs whilst being extremely eco-friendly. This versatile steam cleaner is effective and suitable for all types of floors.
- It has a turbo steam function that generates a powerful 5 bar steam that heats up in under 6 minutes. This steam cleaner also comes with a convenient continuous refill function that lets you pour water in the middle of the cleaning session.
- The various function and the unlimited working autonomy of this steam cleaner make it an ideal machine for special cleaning which includes barbecue grills and title grouting and regular daily cleaning.
- It has an Eco function that allows you to conserve power and water consumption. It can help you save up to 25% of electricity and 30% of water.
- This steam cleaner comes with 14 accessories including a flexible brush that delivers an optimal amount of steam. This ensures faster and more uniform cleaning.
The Polti Vaporetto Pro_95 Turbo Flexi comes with a certified seal from the British Allergy Foundation. So, you can be assured it’s extremely effective against dust mites and other allergens.
- BAL certified
- 14 accessories
- Unlimited working autonomy
- Turbo steam function that generates a powerful 5 bar steam that heats up in under 6 minutes
- Continous re-fill function.
#5 — Comforday Multi-Purpose Handheld Pressurized Steam Cleaner
While most steam cleaners on this list take around an average of 5 mins to heat up, the Comforday Multi-Purpose Handheld Pressurized Steam Cleaner does in half that time with its Quick Steam technology.
- This steam cleaner is quite portable and lightweight. In fact, you can actually carry it around. You also get nine really useful attachments with this machine that will let you dominate any messy situation.
- It works on pretty much any floor including, surfaces that are made out of hardwood, fabric, wallpaper, ceramic, glass and even granite. This steam cleaner is completely chemical-free. You just need tap water.
- This high-pressure steamer can help you clean even the dirtiest grease, stains and grout with complete ease.
As mentioned earlier, This Comforday Multi-Purpose Handheld Pressurized Steam Cleaner comes with a Quick Steam Technology. This technology creates an output of 1050W which creates a powerful pressurized hot steam for up to 20 minutes. This steam can cut through dirt like a hot knife through butter.
- Quick Steam Technology
- Multi-Surface cleaner
- High-pressure steam
- 9 free attachments
#6 — Shark Klik n’ Flip Automatic Steam Mop S6003UK
The Shark Klik n’ Flip Automatic Steam Mop S6003UK is the most popular steam mop that is currently trending on Amazon. This is a very unique and innovative mop that can easily get rid of stubborn stains. Not only does it have amazing functionality but also saves you time and effort as it has a double-sided feature.
- This lightweight steam mop is extremely easy to use. In fact, it comes with a swivel steering that enhances manoeuvrability both on hard floors and around furniture.
- Of course, like all steam cleaners on this list, this steam mop also sanitizes while cleaning. It kills 99.9% germs and is perfect for those who suffer from allergies throughout the year.
- The Shark Klik n’ Flip Automatic Steam Mop S6003UK has 3 intelligent steam control settings that can clean pretty much all types of floors including, marble, tile and hardwood with complete ease.
- It has an interesting Steam Blast Technology which basically allows you to shoot out a superheated concentrated shot of steam.
The Shark Klik n’ Flip Automatic Steam Mop S6003UK has a unique quick flip feature that flips the pad so you can use twice the surface area without having to change the pad.
These double-sided pads also come with a dirt grip technology that traps and absorbs dirt. And the best part is that you can easily remove it without touching it with a click of a button.
- Double-sided pads also come with a dirt grip technology
- Steam Blast Technology
- Quick flip feature
- 3 intelligent steam control settings
- Kills 99.9% germs
#7 — Russell Hobbs RHSM1001-G Steam and Clean Steam Mop
Russell Hobs is relatively small-time appliance manufacturer. However, their products are extremely innovative. For example, this Russell Hobbs RHSM1001-G Steam and Clean Steam Mop is similar to the majority of the machines on this list but it comes with a unique rotating swivel head that removes stubborn grime and grease.
- It’s a super lightweight steam cleaner that has streamlined flexible design which helps you access tough spots. It has a 380ml tank which delivered around 15-20 minutes of uninterrupted steam.
- This steam mop can leave any floor sparkling clean while killing harmful germs. Most importantly, this machine heats up in 10-20 seconds.
The Russell Hobbs RHSM1001-G Steam and Clean Steam Mop come with a specially designed microfibre mop pad that traps dirt and sticky residue. You also get an attachable carpet glider and many other supportive accessories to make your life much easier.
- Specially designed microfibre mop pad
- Heats up in 10-20 seconds
- 380ml tank capacity
- Lightweight and flexible
#8 — Vileda Steam Mop
This steam mop is probably one of the best and affordable steam cleaners in the UK market. The Vileda Steam Mop is fast, lightweight and is capable of effectively removing stains from all types of sealed hard floors such as tiles, wood, vinyl and laminate.
- It has an extremely sleek lightweight (2.2kg) design making it super easy to carry around the house. This steam mop is equipped with a swivel head that helps when you want to manoeuvre around furniture.
- As mentioned earlier, it’s suitable on all floor types as long as it’s sealed. It can easily be used on wood and laminate without causing any damage. However, one of the most important features of this steam mop would have to be the carpet glider that comes with the mop that helps refresh all rugs and carpets.
- The Vileda Steam Mop has a water tank with a capacity of 400ml which can last for around 28 minutes. It comes with accessories like microfibre pads, filling jug, and a carpet glider to help make your cleaning sessions as easy and convenient as possible.
In terms of functionality, it certainly stands out as it can heat up in a mere 15 seconds which is quite exceptional. This steam mop can kill 99.9% of bacteria without using any chemicals.
- 400 ml capacity tank
- Multiple accessories
- Can heat up in 15 seconds flat and kill almost all microorganisms with just water.
- Suitable for all types of sealed hard floors
- Lightweight and easy to manoeuvre around furniture
What is the best floor steam cleaner to buy UK?
The best steam cleaner in the UK would have to be Karcher SC5 easyFix Premium Steam Cleaner and Dupray Neat Steam Cleaner. Not only do these two machines have really cool features but they also get rid of stains, grease, grout and any other undesirables super quick.
- The Karcher SC5 easyFix Premium Steam Cleaner actually has a really unique Vapo hydro function that combines steam and a blast of hot water to remove even the most stubborn of stains and grease.
- The Dupray even goes a step further to create high-pressure steam with low moisture in under 7 minutes.
Either one of these beauties is a must-have if your planning of investing in a steam cleaner. Check out our list of Best Steam Cleaners UK for all the details.
What are the different types of steam cleaner?
There are three different types of steam cleaners in the market that are meant for various situations. However, they pretty much similar in effectiveness.
- Steam mops are perfect doe steam cleaning floors that warrant a lot of manoeuvring. It is light, flexible, and most importantly, ergonomic. These mops don’t come with a bunch of attachments or tools and can be easily stored. This simple machine is best for simple cleaning.
Convertible Steam Cleaner
- Convertible steam cleaners are upright steam mops that have a removable steam generator. These 2-in-1 cleaners come with various attachments to help remove stains from pretty much any surface. The removable portion of this steamer is used as a smaller handheld cleaner to help remove tough stains.
Cylinder Steam Cleaner
- And finally, we have the cylindrical steam cleaner. This is a heavy-duty cleaner that generates a constant flow of strong stean that can cut through even the toughest of stains. However, this bulky behemoth will take quite a bit of space.
Are steam cleaners any good?
Yes, steam cleaners can be really useful. However, you should ideally invest it only if you need its functionality.
- For example, if grime, grease and grout are an everyday thing. Then, by all means, invest in a steam cleaner as they will make your life super comfortable. However, if you only have to deal with the occasional dirt or muddy footprints then stick to a mop and vacuum. Check out our list of Best Steam Cleaners UK for all the details.
How much should I spend on a steam cleaner?
Steam cleaners can range anywhere from 50 to 300 pounds. Unlike other products, a steam cleaner should be bought only after taking into account your needs.
A steam cleaner can range from £50 steam mops and £150 handheld cleaner to really heavy duty cylinder cleaner that cost around £300.
- These Home and Kitchen Will Help Save You a Lot of Time
- Household Items That will Blow Your Mind
- Cool Kitchen Gadgets for Every Household
Best Steam Cleaners UK
Looking for a steam cleaner to get rid of those stubborn stain? Check out our list of the Best Steam Cleaners UK for more details.
Product SKU: STMC09912
Product Brand: Karcher
Product Currency: GBP
Product Price: 334.00
Product In-Stock: https://schema.org/InStock