Cricket has been a big part of my life, both my brothers and my father were players. So, I’ve been a fan all my life. Recently, my nephew started playing the game, rank into trouble with bowling. His shoes couldn’t find the required grip. So, I took to Amazon and curated a list of the Best Cricket Shoes UK.
After having reviewed 100 Cricket shoes in the UK based on various factors like design, effectiveness, function and use, features, price and much more; my team and I zeroed in on 8 that really stood out. After subjecting these 8 to various stress tests, we found that:
Cricket Shoes UK
The best Cricket shoes in the UK is the Kookaburra Kc 3.0. These shoes are not only all-rounder shoes but the front toe spike offers a specialised grip that helps bowlers and fielders. Most importantly, the elevated heels with a low profile help support ankle mobility.
Kookaburra Kc 3.0
At the top of my list are the Kookaburra KC 3.0 that has a synthetic outer material that is breathable and has a flexible upper mesh. The width of these cricket shoes has been kept medium for better traction with an athletic style ‘slip last’ for extra comfort and support. It’s one of the Best Cricket Shoes UK.
- It has thermo-plastic heels that increase support to your ankles that gives an extra edge when you have to act quickly.
- It has a breathable and flexible upper mesh and synthetic material help prevent fatigue and sweat inside the cricket shoes.
- The thermoplastic heel provides increased shock absorption that heels recover from the catch and roll.
The low profile midsole helps in providing superb shock absorption and helps recover from catch easily.
- The kookaburra KC 3.0 are lightweight cricket shoes that have a low profile design that helps your feet react on the field.
- They’re made to be breathable to avoid odour and sweat that is a combination of leather and mesh fabrics.
- Airflow Mesh Vents help increase airflow and moisture management keeping your feet dry and comfortable for a quick response.
Adidas Vector Mid Cricket Spikes
The Adidas Vector Mid Cricket spikes are a popular choice among all-rounders on the cricket field. It is light in weight keeping comfort and durability first with its upper outer body made of synthetic and textile material.
- A midfoot band keeps your foot in place for an exceptional fit for those quick reactive moments. It has a soft toe area when compared to other cricket shoes for improved comfort while bowling.
- A raised heel provides excellent support to your ankles to dash quickly with a BOA lacing for a secure fit. If you’re looking for an upgrade this option is affordable and durable.
- Light in weight because of the synthetic and textile upper layer for comfort and durability. Midfoot band locks your foot in place for excellent fit and comfort.
A softer toe area has been given to these cricket shoe editions for improved toe comfort for bowlers.
- The Adidas Vector Mid Cricket spikes are light in weight and made with a synthetic material making them durable as well.
- A midfoot bed is provided for superb comfort and durability.
- It has a soft toe giving an edge and comfort to bowlers with a raised heel for traction.
- If you’re looking for an all-rounder cricket shoe this one is ideal for you.
Adidas Howzat Cricket Spikes
The Adidas Howzat Cricket Spikes SS20 has a synthetic upper mesh that keeps your feet cool, comfortable, and dry with moisture management that wicks away any excess sweat when on the field.
- It has a D width for fitting comfort with a padded tongue that protects and guards against friction and irritation. It’s one of the Best Cricket Shoes UK.
- The lace-up covers the mid-region of your feet that pushes down on your foot to the raised heel giving extra frontal grip for a quick response.
- The synthetic upper mesh keeps your feet cool at all times with moisture management that removes excess sweat keeping your feet dry and moisture-free.
- The padded tongue provides extra comfort and guards your shim against friction and irritation.
adiPRENE+ in the midsole is Adidas signature adiPRENE+ technology which delivers exceptional cushioning and comfort.
- The Adidas Howzat Cricket Spikes SS20 is light in weight with synthetic outer mesh that has moisture management keeping your feet dry and moisture-free.
- It has a padded tongue that guards your shim against irritation with adiPrene+ midsole for extra cushioning.
Gray-Nicolls Unisex Velocity 2.0
Gray Nicolls Unisex Velcoty 2.0 is an exceptional series of cricket shoes with a high-grade PU upper that is designed like a honeycomb for ventilation and breathability.
- A power band in the mid regions provides overlay support for improved stability on the field.
- The sole for these cricket shoes are blown rubber with nine strategically placed spikes on a shock-absorbing rubber base.
- High Grade upper with its honeycomb design provides excellent ventilation in key areas.
- Nine strategically placed spikes on a shock-absorbing rubber base provide excellent grip on the field with comfort.
It has a Torsional Midfoot System that provides bridged midfoot support and flexibility to the forefoot.
- Gray Nicolls unisex velocity 2.0 is a versatile lightweight shoe with a high-grade PU upper for breathable ventilation.
- A powerband for improved stability in the mid-region supports nine strategically placed spikes placed on a shock-absorbing rubber base.
Kookaburra Unisex Kcs 2000 Spike Cricket Shoes
The Kookaburra Unisex Kcs 2000 Spike Cricket Shoes is a low profile design compared to Kcs 3.0 with athletic style slip last on a durable lightweight upper with a breathable mesh.
- It has a latex construction and integrated padded tongue for a perfect fit and comfort.
- It has a lightweight insole with an elevated heel and front shock absorption for ankle support while bowling. These also come with premium metal spikes with a guarded outsole.
- Low profile design with slip last provides maximal comfort with a durable lightweight upper mesh.
- Latex construction and integrated padded tongue for a perfect fit and guarded shin. It’s one of the Best Cricket Shoes UK.
Kookaburra’s cage technology provides excellent mid-foot stability and a thermo-plastic counter for extra support.
- The Kookaburra Unisex Kcs 2000 Spike Cricket shoes come in a low profile design with a durable lightweight upper mesh.
- The body is made of latex and integrated padding for a perfect fit.
- The sole has an elevated heel and front shock absorption for ankle support to keep you on top of your game on the field.
Newbery Performance Spike Cricket Shoes
The Newbery Performance Spike Cricket Shoe is without doubt one of the best cricket here on my list. It has excellent mid-foot support with a low profile design and grip that will put other cricket shoes to shame.
- It has added cushioning around the heel and tongue that provides excellent step-in comfort. The sole is lightweight and durable with strategically placed spikes.
- It is built with amazing mid-foot support for superior grip around a compression mould.
- Lightweight sole with strategically placed spikes offers excellent durability over time and use.
The added cushioning around the heel of the cricket shoe and tongue provides excellent step-in support and comfort.
- The Newbery Performance Spike Cricket Shoe is light in weight with a compression moulded body.
- It has amazing mid-foot support with added cushioning around the heels and tongue that provides amazing step-in support.
Newbery Cricket Elite Performance Spike
Newbery Cricket Elite performance spike shoes are an upgrade from the performance series with a heavier price tag. These cricket shoes are built with CricSok features that enhance the natural motion of the feet giving you maximum comfort and reduced friction while wearing the shoes on the field.
- It’s made of unique mesh material with midfoot support that maintains the shoe’s integrity. It’s one of the Best Cricket Shoes UK.
- Innovative DXlite midsole provides premium responsiveness and durability with an amazingly light body.
The new Evopro sole reduces the bulk of the shoe providing an excellent fit and athletic comfort. It also reduces energy loss and maximizes forward acceleration.
- The Newbery Cricket Elite performance spike shoes are light in weight with CricSok feature that maximizes the natural motion inside the shoe.
- It has a unique mesh material and midfoot support that keep the feet in place. Innovative DXlite midsole provides premium responsiveness and durability.
ASICS Gel-100 Not Out, Men’s Cricket Shoes
The ASICS Gel-100 Not out cricket shoes are the last on my list but it is definitely one of the best all-rounders. It has a rearfoot GEL cushioning system that reduces shock and during impact and allows smooth transition of your feet without friction.
- Removable spikes allow you to customize your shoes according to your liking, unlike other cricket shoes.
- The EVA sock liner moulds itself to the shape of your foot, which can also be removed to accommodate a medical orthotic.
Rearfoot GEL Cushioning System in these shoes enhances shock during impact and allows for a smooth transition to midstance.
- The ASICS Gel-100 Not Out cricket shoes are made with synthetic bodies with flat heels.
- It has California slip lasting to provide stability to your feet and rearfoot for reducing impact.
- It has removable spikes to costume the shoes according to your feet. These shoes are an excellent choice if you are looking for a custom fit.
UK Cricket trainers or boots?
While this age old question has plagued a lot of player. There, unfortunately, is no straightforward answer. Certain people find boots to be better than trainers while others state the opposite. If there is a commonality, it’s that majority of the people who swear by boots tend to be batsmen. However, it is not an absolute.
Trainers with spikes certainly work for bowlers as it helps them get a steady grip and thus use the momentum to spin the ball. But it is advisable that you try both and see what’s perfect for you.
Joanna is a writer, poet, stand-up comedian and holds two master’s in arts and history. She founded Discount-age with the intention of providing her readers with solutions to everyday household problems. During her free time, Joanna loves cooking but usually ends up ordering in.
Best Cricket Shoes UK
Check out our list of the Best Cricket Shoes UK.
Product SKU: BCS82219
Product Brand: ASICS
Product Currency: GBP
Product Price: 50
Price Valid Until: 2021-09-30
Product In-Stock: InStock
Table of Contents