Although I love shoes and loving seasonal shoe shopping, my father is the real maniac when it comes to his Oxfords and Brogues. So, needless to say, I grew up around a lot of British-made shoes. And, of course, The shoes designed in Great Britain are the best in the world. Check out my list of the Top British Shoe Brands for all the details.
UK’s premium quality and legacy shoe brands have been clothing powerful men like Churchill for the past century. And it’s crossed borders and become the “traditional” shoes of multiple cultures. Made from the finest leather and the best Goodyear welting construction method, these must-have shoes will blow your mind.
However, choosing the right shoes can be a bit daunting. So, refer to our list of the Top British Shoe Brands for all the details.
After reviewing around 50 British made shoes based on various factors like design, quality, comfort, style and longevity, I zeroed in on 6 Brands that really stood out. These 7 were further put through a series of tests to determine the best. I found that:
The top British shoe brand is Grensons. This legacy brand has been famous for its Brogue style shoes for 150 years and is taken up a massive share of the shoe market in Great Britain. These Handcrafted shoes are made from the finest Italian leather and suedes. Most importantly, it’s comparative inexpensive that most shoes brands.
Top British Shoe Brands
When somebody mentions British shoes you always think of Grenson. This iconic brand has dominated the British shoe market for over 150 years. Famous for its premium quality brogues, this Nothhampton-based brand was the first in the world to use Goodyear’s welting method.
- Their shoes are unique and exclusive and are made from the finest Italian leather. Simply repairing these shoes would involve a complicated procedure. These beauties were worn by famous men like Cary Grant across generations.
While you expect Grenson shoes to be prices outrageously, they’re actually quite affordable. Other than manufacturing Brogues, this brand also manufactures other handmade shoes like boots and sneakers for both men and women.
Crockett and Jones
Did you know the shoes that Daniel Craig wore in Skyfall was a pair of Crockett and Jones? Not just James Bond, the shoes have even protected the toes of millions of soldiers during the second world war. This legacy brand has been a top British Shoe brand since the 1870s.
- Handmade from the best sides and leather, this brand has had improved and refined their craft for over a century resulting in the most pristine and elegant shoes on the planet. Crockett and Jones is well known for their legendary Cap-toe Oxford shoes.
Their amazing shoes are made for both men and women. In fact, each pair is like a legacy as it takes 8 weeks to craft one pair of shoes.
Cheaney is another legacy brand that’s lasted a century. Same as its contemporaries, this brand uses the same Goodyear Welting construction method and takes about 10 weeks to prepare a pair. Quality was the only Philosophy of Joseph Cheaney and his sons. This is one of the Top British Shoe Brands.
- The most insane thing about these shoes is that the quality is so high that it actually takes an expensive refurbishment process just to improve longevity. Cheaney shoes are probably the most traditional shoes in the UK. They still haven’t moved out of their factory since 1886.
Cheaney shoes cater to both men and women. This brand was even awarded by the Queen for their excellence.
Church’s shoes are also from the famous Northhampton region of England. In fact, they’ve been catering to their customers since 1873. In terms of legacy, this brand is probably the oldest as Thomas Church’s ancestors were also shoemakers. So, when it comes to quality, style and heritage, Church is the best brand.
- These designer shoes are crafted using Goodyear crafting method and the finest leather in the world. Church’s shoes are part of the legendary clothing ensemble of James bond. Of course, they also cater to ladies.
Although famous for their Oxford style shoes, Church’s also manufactures sneakers and other shoes like Chelsea boots.
Well, George Cleverley is the standard when it comes to shoemaking. With an unbelievable legacy behind them, they’ve not only prepared a pair for Winston Churchill but they were the shoemakers for the popular Kingsman Movies. It’s one of the Top British Shoe Brands.
- This brand is so exclusive that they only make ten pair of handmade shoes each week. And it’s only for an exclusive crowd. Every shoe is unique and nothing is ever mass-produced.
George Cleverley is famous for their amazing monk strap style shoes. These shoes are made using the best leather in the world.
Edward Green & Co
Edward Green is another Northampton legacy that is made from the finest leathers in the planet. With a heritage of over 130 years, the process and craft are completely unchanged making it one of the most traditional shoes in Great Britain.
- You shouldn’t really look down on the fact it’s completely unchanged for the past century. The shoes were a moment of genius, by Edward Green. His design, style and methodology are appreciated till this day. So much so, that a pair might go for about 1000 pounds.
Edward Green is known for their classical derby shoes. Of course, they have various other leather and suede options, including loafers.
Loake is probably the oldest Shoe brand on this list with over 140 years of History. James Bond might have not worn this legendary brand. However, John Loake and his brothers did provide shoes for British soldiers, Actors, Celebrities and even Olympians.
- This family-owned brand has been awarded the Royal Warrant by the Queen and is considered one of the most British Brands in existence.
It is famed for its premium Goodyear welted shoes. One of the best things about this brand is that it’s not as expensive as it’s contemporaries.
What shoes are made in the UK?
Although there are many shoes made in the UK, not all are British made shoes. Shoes with British heritage are few and far between. The best British shoe brands with decades of legacy behind them would have to be Grenson, Crockett and Jones, Cheaney, Church’s, and George Cleverley. Check out our list of the Top British Shoe Brands for all the details.
- Looking for the best Teenage Clothes? Check out these brands
- Did you know These Brands are Cheaper Only In London?
Top British Shoe Brands
Looking for the best shoes in Great Britain? Check out our list of the Top British Shoe Brands.
Product SKU: BSB9901
Product Brand: Grenson
Product Currency: GBP
Product Price: 400
Product In-Stock: Available