Coffee is a religion. Whether you’re a coffee aficionado or someone that just needs a caffeine fix in the morning, we can all agree that it takes a great cup of coffee to make your days brighter. Life becomes manageable with every pleasing sip.
Now, owning a coffee machine can get very useful, especially with most of us scrambling to work in the morning. With one of those weird contraptions sitting on the kitchen counter at least, you know that you can immediately drink whatever type of coffee you’re craving. Here are some other unusual products and gadgets that can make your life easier.
The best coffee machines offer you a great cup of coffee by extracting the most out of your coffee pods, grounds, or beans. Here’s a list of the best coffee machines in the UK 2020 that best suits your lifestyle.
- Best Coffee Machine UK 2020
- How to choose the right coffee machine
- Types of Coffee Machines
- Best Coffee Machine 2020
- #1 — Jura E8
- #2 — Nespresso Lattissima One
- #3 — Sage Oracle One Touch
- #4 — Breville VCF108 One-Touch CoffeeHouse
- #5 — Smarter Coffee 2nd Generation
- #6 — De’Longhi PrimaDonna Class
- #7 — Krups XP320840 Opio Steam and Pump
- #8 — Bosch Tassimo Vivy
- #9 — Francis Francis for Illy Expresso Coffee Maker
- #10 — WACACO Nanopresso
Best Coffee Machine UK 2020
|Type of Coffee Machine||Best Product||Price|
|Bean to Cup Coffee Machine||Jura E8||£1,134.70|
|Pod/Capsule Coffee Machine||Nespresso Lattissima One||£177.97|
How to choose the right coffee machine
Choosing the right Coffee Machine can get really tedious. But, it is actually very simple. There are just 3 factors you must remember when buying a coffee machine and there are 2 types of coffee machines. The three factors are Price, Taste and Time. These three factors will determine your type of coffee machine.
Now, let’s get into the nitty-gritty of various types of coffee machines.
Types of Coffee Machines
Bean to Cup Coffee Machines
The best part about bean to cup coffee machines is, it comes with a grinder that grids the beans down into a fine powder. You can actually set the size of ground beans based on your preference.
A normal coffee machine cannot process coffee beans and will require ground coffee powder to make a cup of coffee.
You get a cup of Java immediately after its ground and then you can create froth with the steam arm. And voila, pure artisan level cappuccino on your kitchen counter.
Pod/Capsule Coffee Machines
The pod coffee machine is probably the most popular type of coffee machine out there.
It’s pretty easy to use. You insert the pod into the machine and the machine will inject hot water through the ground coffee powder in the pod and you’ll have your cup of coffee in a few minutes.
The only major issue is that even the best coffee pod machine of 2020 will not be able to make a cup of coffee better than your average bean to cup coffee machine.
Also, most of these Pod coffee machines have an auto-clean feature which saves your time.
|Best Tasting Coffee||De’Longhi PrimaDonna Class|
|Best Budget Friendly Coffee Machine||Bosch TASSIMO Vivy|
|Best Coffee Machine to save time||Nespresso Lattissima One|
Best Coffee Machine 2020
#1 — Jura E8
Waking up to a great cup of coffee is sure to make your mornings delightful and energetic. The Jura E8 is one of the Best Coffee Machines in the UK 2020 that is sure to give you delicious and aromatic coffee no matter how you take it.
- Whether you like lattes, cappuccinos, flat whites and more the Jura E8 is sure to brighten up your mornings with every sip. It’s One-Touch Cappuccino feature and Pulse Extraction Process is going to give you diversity with every cup.
- The Jura E8 is equipped with a touch screen function that makes mornings easier.
- This weirdly unbelievable machine is also equipped with a detachable milk spout and maintenance programs that ensure hygiene and ease.
- It also features a professional Fine Foam Frother made only with high-quality materials that make the Jura E8 ergonomic and stunning.
- There is also a special feature that prepares 12 drinks at the tip of your fingertips. Plus, a hot water option for espresso doppio, espresso macchiato, and green tea.
- 15 products
- One-Touch Function
- Intelligent Water System
- Wireless capabilities
- Drip tray monitoring
- Aroma preserving cover
- Pulse Extraction Process
- 5-16grams brewing unit
- 1.9L water capacity
- 280g bean holding capacity
- Jura Fine Foam Technology
- Energy Saving Mode
#2 — Nespresso Lattissima One
If you’ve been searching for the perfect coffee machine you have probably heard of the Nespresso Lattissima One. This product is one of the flagship models of the coffee giant Nestle.
This coffee machine brand has been making its way through workshops all across the world since 1986. For people who live fast-paced lives, capsule coffee makers are things of dreams. They produce instant coffee creations without sacrificing taste and aroma.
- 3 settings for milk drinks, lungo, and espresso. It delivers coffees and espressos for lattes, cappuccinos, and Americanos.
- The Nespresso Lattissima One has a built-in milk compartment good for a single serving.
- For environmentally-conscious coffee enthusiasts, you’ll be thrilled to know that the Nespresso Lattissima One has a low-energy feature that automatically shuts off after 9 minutes without use.
- But can still perform 25 seconds heat up that completes the impressive specifications of the Nespresso Lattissima One.
- 1L maximum water capacity
- 19 bar pressure
- 3 settings
- Removable water tank
- 8 capsule capacity
- Descaling alarm
- One-button operation
#3 — Sage Oracle One Touch
Having the same cup of coffee takes the fun out of the mornings. With Sage Oracle One Touch you can rest assured that you’re getting the best coffee machine for variety. Sage prides itself in preserving the quality of coffee while enticing you with a variety of coffee creations.
- Sage Oracles LED touch screen fully automates every stage of the coffee process. Simply swipe, select, and enjoy your cup of Joe.
- Perfect for espressos, lattes, long blacks, flat whites, and cappuccino creations. The burr grinder doses, tamps, and grounds 22 grams of coffee beans giving you cafe quality in every cup.
- Made with quality brushed stainless steel, Sage Oracle is a coffee machine that is sure to entice your every morning.
- 2.5L maximum water capacity
- 15 pressure bars
- 18 settings
- Touch screen
- 5 pre-programmed favourites
- Save and customize 8 coffee settings
- Adjustable grinder
- Programmable texture and milk temperature
#4 — Breville VCF108 One-Touch CoffeeHouse
Looking for a speedy coffee machine that can keep up with your lifestyle, look no further because Breville One-Touch CoffeeHouse is just the coffee machine you need.
- Detailed with beautiful accents of rose gold, Breville One-Touch CoffeeHouse is a speedy and fuss-free coffee machine that gives you the same quality and ease of your favourite local cafe.
- Control buttons make it convenient and easy to identify the type of coffee you want. Its 19 bar pressure settings create the perfect milk foam for hot chocolates, lattes, and cappuccinos in a few seconds.
- Simply put, the Breville One-Touch is a reliable fuss-free coffee maker for people on the go. When used correctly it can handle 600mL of water that can make around 10 cups of cappuccinos or four cups of lattes.
- 1.4L maximum water capacity
- 19 bar pressure settings
- The frothing wand should be properly placed
- Available in 2 colours
- Can be used with espresso pods
#5 — Smarter Coffee 2nd Generation
Here is another coffee machine for people who are in too much of a rush to prepare a conventional cup of coffee. Except unlike the Breville, The Smart coffee 2nd generation is just that. It’s a smart coffee machine that pairs with an app on your smartphone so you can easily make your coffee as you get out of bed. You literally do not have to stand next to the coffee machine anymore.
- Smarter Coffee promotes an easy on-the-go life with its “Wake Up” and “Home” mode that ensures you can have a fresh cup of brewed coffee whenever you’re ready.
- Using the app, you can filter, grind, and select the strength of your coffee for a perfect sip every time.
- When you’re looking for a quick personalized cup of coffee Smarter Coffee is the perfect go-to coffee maker.
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- Smart Coffee maker
- Filter and Grind Mode
- Wake Up and Home feature
#6 — De’Longhi PrimaDonna Class
Founded in 1902 as a small parts workshop De’Longhi has evolved to a staple household appliance as a result of years of experience and technology advancement. Their extremely reliable coffee machines aren’t an exception, the De’Longhi PrimaDonna Class is a reliable addition to your worktop for coffee enthusiasts everywhere.
- A link app allows you to discover numerous personalization settings and suggestions for your coffee creations. The PrimaDonna Class encourages you to fully personalize every aspect of your coffee from the aroma, temperature, and milk quantity.
- De’Longhi’s elegant design and intuitive touch control panels make the PrimaDonna class the perfect barista-quality bean-to-cup experience. It’s easy to clean and sits elegantly on every worktop.
- Espresso doppio
- Aroma Control
- 360-gram maximum bean capacity
- Weighs 11 kg
- Automatic cleaning controls
- Automatic Shut Off feature
- Equipped with cup holder
- De’Longhi LatteCrema system
#7 — Krups XP320840 Opio Steam and Pump
Krups isn’t the most sophisticated coffee maker in the market but don’t let its humble design fool you. Krups Opio Steam and Pump coffee maker is a great addition to homes with small spaces.
- With a 15-bar pump pressure, it provides quality ground-coffee espresso machine that froths while extracting the subtle taste and aroma of your chosen coffee beans.
- It satisfies your coffee cravings with its 1.5-litre water tank that can easily make more than a cup of coffee at a time.
- Coffee lovers will be pleased to know that Krups includes a coffee tamper and measuring spoons for your grounds.
- 1.5L maximum water capacity
- 15 bar pressure
- Compact and minimalistic
- Suitable for ground coffee
#8 — Bosch Tassimo Vivy
Bosch is known for numerous home appliances but what may surprise you is that they’ve recently developed a line of coffee makers. It’s sleek and ergonomic design is sure to keep you ecstatic for your morning coffee.
- Bosch Tassimo Vivy has more than 35 varieties from hot chocolates and teas to macchiatos and lattes.
- If you’re looking for quality coffee the Tassimo is sure to delight you with its low maintenance feature with automatic cleaning and descaling programs. With a 1.5 litre water tank, you don’t have to keep filling it up too often.
- Despite the limit in coffee pods that can only be purchased through Bosch there are a wide range of flavours for you to sink your teeth into.
- 1.5-litre water tank
- 35 drink varieties
- No heat up time with auto-off feature
- Compact and ergonomic
- Automatic descaling program
- Dishwasher proof parts
#9 — Francis Francis for Illy Expresso Coffee Maker
Coffee isn’t just about the aroma and taste; aesthetic also plays a huge part in your coffee experience. Francis Francis Espresso Coffee Maker is an eye-catching coffee maker that please you with its vintage style.
- A capsule coffee maker exclusively for illy iperEspresso capsules that limits your range but provides quality cups of coffee.
- With 3 colours to choose from that is sure to wow your guests with its vintage aesthetics.
- Exclusive for illy iperEspresso
- 3 colour option
#10 — WACACO Nanopresso
For coffee aficionados a cup of coffee isn’t just for mornings it’s a great perk me up drink no matter where you are. Wacaco Nanopresso is the best portable espresso maker that gives you quality coffee wherever you are.
- Equipped with a newly developed high-tech pump system that doesn’t require batteries or electricity to provide you with the best flavours of your coffee pods.
- Using your hands the Nanopresso can reach 18 bars of pressure for the perfect extraction
- 18 bars of pressure
- 15% less force than Minipresso
- Ergonomic and collapsible
- 80mL maximum water capacity
- Heatsink to protect hands from heat
What are the best coffee machines for home?
It honestly depends on your lifestyle and needs. For example, if you constantly rush to work every morning and need a quick pick me-up you should probably invest in a speedy coffee machine like the Breville One-Touch Coffeehouse.
And if you want even more speed then you can invest in: Smarter Coffee 2nd generation a machine that you can control on your smartphone.
But, if you want to take your time and want something more fine or artisan then go for De’Longhi PrimaDonna Class which will let you go crazy with amazing coffee creations.
How do I choose a coffee machine for my home?
Instead of going to a coffee shop each day and spending all that money, buying a coffee machine is a really smart move.
However, choosing one will have to depend of a number of factors. Nothing too complicated. If you chalk it down it really only comes to Budget, taste and time.
There are serious coffee aficionados out there who spend for quality and that’s completely fine. But it is also important to start at a level where investing in a really good coffee machine will align with your needs.
Taste is important, do you want an artisan cappuccino or do you want a filter coffee? This will determine the type of coffee machine you want. And finally, time.
Most important factor to note is that some coffee machines can take a really long to prepare coffee as it takes into consideration things like milk temperature, frothing, and water pressure, etc. So if you’re rushing in the morning get a speedy coffee machine. Something like a Breville One-Touch Coffeehouse.
What is the easiest coffee machine to use?
The most simple kind of coffee machines are the one where you pop in a pod, press a button and voila, you have a steaming cup of Java.
Pod based coffee machines are super easy to use and also relatively cheaper. The Nespresso Lattissima One is one of the few coffee machines on the planet that will make you life convenient while delivering good coffee.
Is it worth buying a coffee machine?
If you drink coffee on a regular basis and i mean at least everyday, then you’re probably wasting a shit ton of money on those Grandes. If you want to cut a lot of cost and still get the same or even better quality coffee at your very own convenience. Then go for the coffee machine. It’s totally worth it.
What is the best cheap coffee machine?
They are loads of cheap coffee machines that are quite crappy but the Bosch Tassimo Vivy is really good. You can literally get coffee with a push of a button and the best part is that it automatically cleans itself.The Bosch Tassimo Vivy is one of Best Coffee Machines in the UK 2020.