Whether you’re a coffee aficionado or someone that just needs a caffeine fix in the morning, we can all agree that it takes a good cup of coffee to make your days brighter. Life becomes manageable with every pleasing sip. However, most of us don’t have barista-level skills. Check out the Best Coffee Machine UK For Home 2021 for more details.
Now, owning a coffee machine can get very useful, especially with most of us scrambling to work in the morning. With one of those weird contraptions sitting on the kitchen counter at least, you know that you can immediately drink whatever type of coffee you’re craving.
The best coffee machines offer you a great cup of coffee by extracting the most out of your coffee pods, grounds, or beans. Here’s a list of the Best Coffee Machine UK For Home 2021 that best suits your lifestyle.
After reviewing close to 75 popular coffee machines based on various factors like design, features, functionality, performance and price. My team and I zeroed in on 10 that really stood out. We put these through various stress tests to determine the best. We found that:
The best coffee machine for home in the UK is the Jura E8. In fact, the Jura E8 is currently the best coffee machine. This modern device is equipped with a touch screen panel and slef-maintanece programs that limit the need to clean it constantly. Other than ensuring hygiene it also offers 12 modes for various kinds of coffee.
- Best Coffee Machine UK For Home
- #1 — Jura E8
- #2 — Nespresso Lattissima One
- #3 — Sage Oracle One Touch
- #4 — Breville VCF108 One-Touch CoffeeHouse
- #5 — Smarter Coffee 2nd Generation
- #6 — De’Longhi PrimaDonna Class
- #7 — Krups XP320840 Opio Steam and Pump
- #8 — Bosch Tassimo Vivy
- #9 — Francis Francis for Illy Expresso Coffee Maker
- #10 — WACACO Nanopresso
- How to choose the right coffee machine
- Types of Coffee Machines
- Bean to Cup Coffee Machines
- Pod/Capsule Coffee Machines
- What to consider when buying a new coffee machine?
- What are the best coffee machines for home?
- How do I choose a coffee machine for my home?
- What is the easiest coffee machine to use?
- Is it worth buying a coffee machine?
- What is the best cheap coffee machine?
Best Coffee Machine UK For Home
|Type of Coffee Machine||Best Coffee Machines in the UK 2021||Price|
|Bean to Cup Coffee Machine||Jura E8||£1,134.70|
|Pod/Capsule Coffee Machine||Nespresso Lattissima One||£177.97|
#1 — Jura E8
Waking up to a great cup of coffee is sure to make your mornings delightful and energetic. The Jura E8 is one of the Best Coffee Machine UK For Home 2021 that is sure to give you delicious and aromatic coffee no matter how you take it.
- Whether you like lattes, cappuccinos, flat whites and more the Jura E8 is sure to brighten up your mornings with every sip. It’s One-Touch Cappuccino feature and Pulse Extraction Process is going to give you diversity with every cup.
- The Jura E8 is equipped with a touch screen function that makes mornings easier. It’s functions like these that make it one of the best time-saving home appliances.
- This weirdly unbelievable machine is also equipped with a detachable milk spout and maintenance programs that ensure hygiene and ease.
- It also features a professional Fine Foam Frother made only with high-quality materials that make the Jura E8 ergonomic and stunning.
What’s in it for you?
There is also a special feature that speedily prepares 12 drinks. Plus, a hot water option for espresso doppio, espresso macchiato, and green tea.
- 15 products
- One-Touch Function
- Intelligent Water System
- Wireless capabilities
- Drip tray monitoring
- Aroma preserving cover
- Pulse Extraction Process
- 5-16grams brewing unit
- 1.9L water capacity
- 280g bean holding capacity
- Jura Fine Foam Technology
- Energy Saving Mode
#2 — Nespresso Lattissima One
If you’ve been searching for the perfect coffee machine you have probably heard of the Nespresso Lattissima One. This product is one of the flagship models of the coffee giant Nestle. It’s one of the Best Coffee Machine UK For Home 2021.
- This coffee machine brand has been making its way through workshops all across the world since 1986. For people who live fast-paced lives, capsule coffee makers are things of dreams. They produce instant coffee creations without sacrificing taste and aroma.
- 3 settings for milk drinks, lungo, and espresso. It delivers coffees and espressos for lattes, cappuccinos, and Americanos.
- The Nespresso Lattissima One has a built-in milk compartment good for a single serving.
- But can still perform 25 seconds heat up that completes the impressive specifications of the Nespresso Lattissima One.
What’s in it for you?
For environmentally-conscious coffee enthusiasts, you’ll be thrilled to know that the Nespresso Lattissima One has a low-energy feature that automatically shuts off after 9 minutes without use.
- 1L maximum water capacity
- 19 bar pressure
- 3 settings
- Removable water tank
- 8 capsule capacity
- Descaling alarm
- One-button operation
#3 — Sage Oracle One Touch
Having the same cup of coffee takes the fun out of the mornings. With Sage Oracle One Touch you can rest assured that you’re getting the best coffee machine for variety. Sage prides itself in preserving the quality of coffee while enticing you with a variety of coffee creations. It’s definitely one of the Best Coffee Machines in the UK 2021.
- Sage Oracles LED touch screen fully automates every stage of the coffee process. Simply swipe, select, and enjoy your cup of Joe.
- It has an integrated conical burr grinder that automatically grinds and prepares the perfect dosage of coffee.
- Made with quality brushed stainless steel, Sage Oracle is a coffee machine that is sure to entice your every morning. It’s one of the Best Coffee Machine UK For Home 2021.
What’s in it for you?
Perfect for espressos, lattes, long blacks, flat whites, and cappuccino creations. The burr grinder doses, tamps, and grounds 22 grams of coffee beans giving you cafe quality in every cup.
- 2.5L maximum water capacity
- 15 pressure bars
- 18 settings
- Touch screen
- 5 pre-programmed favourites
- Save and customize 8 coffee settings
- Adjustable grinder
- Programmable texture and milk temperature
#4 — Breville VCF108 One-Touch CoffeeHouse
Looking for a speedy coffee machine that can keep up with your lifestyle, look no further because Breville One-Touch CoffeeHouse is just the coffee machine you need.
- Detailed with beautiful accents of rose gold, Breville One-Touch CoffeeHouse is a speedy and fuss-free coffee machine that gives you the same quality and ease of your favourite local cafe.
- Control buttons make it convenient and easy to identify the type of coffee you want. Its 19 bar pressure settings create the perfect milk foam for hot chocolates, lattes, and cappuccinos in a few seconds.
What’s in it for you?
Simply put, the Breville One-Touch is a reliable fuss-free coffee maker for people on the go. When used correctly it can handle 600mL of water that can make around 10 cups of cappuccinos or four cups of lattes.
- 1.4L maximum water capacity
- 19 bar pressure settings
- The frothing wand should be properly placed
- Available in 2 colours
- Can be used with espresso pods
#5 — Smarter Coffee 2nd Generation
Here is another coffee machine for people who are in too much of a rush to prepare a conventional cup of coffee. Except unlike the Breville, The Smart coffee 2nd generation is just that. It’s a smart coffee machine that pairs with an app on your smartphone so you can easily make your coffee as you get out of bed. You literally do not have to stand next to the coffee machine anymore. It’s one of the Best Coffee Machine UK For Home 2021.
- Smarter Coffee promotes an easy on-the-go life with its “Wake Up” and “Home” mode that ensures you can have a fresh cup of brewed coffee whenever you’re ready.
- When you’re looking for a quick personalized cup of coffee Smarter Coffee is the perfect go-to coffee maker.
What’s in it for you?
Using the app, you can filter, grind, and select the strength of your coffee for a perfect sip every time.
- Wi-Fi connectivity
- Smart Coffee maker
- Filter and Grind Mode
- Wake Up and Home feature
#6 — De’Longhi PrimaDonna Class
Founded in 1902 as a small parts workshop De’Longhi has evolved to a staple household appliance as a result of years of experience and technology advancement. Their extremely reliable coffee machines aren’t an exception, the De’Longhi PrimaDonna Class is a reliable addition to your worktop for coffee enthusiasts everywhere.
- It has a companion app that allows you to discover numerous personalization settings and suggestions for your coffee creations.
- The PrimaDonna Class encourages you to fully personalize every aspect of your coffee from the aroma, temperature, and milk quantity. The high-quality functionality of this beauty is one of the reasons it’s one of the Best Coffee Machines in the UK 2021.
What’s in it for you?
De’Longhi’s elegant design and intuitive touch control panels make the PrimaDonna class the perfect barista-quality bean-to-cup experience. It’s easy to clean and sits elegantly on every worktop.
- Espresso doppio
- Aroma Control
- 360-gram maximum bean capacity
- Weighs 11 kg
- Automatic cleaning controls
- Automatic Shut Off feature
- Equipped with cup holder
- De’Longhi LatteCrema system
#7 — Krups XP320840 Opio Steam and Pump
Krups isn’t the most sophisticated coffee maker in the market but don’t let its humble design fool you. Krups Opio Steam and Pump coffee maker is a great addition to homes with small spaces.
- With a 15-bar pump pressure, it provides quality ground-coffee espresso machine that froths while extracting the subtle taste and aroma of your chosen coffee beans.
- It satisfies your coffee cravings with its 1.5-litre water tank that can easily make more than a cup of coffee at a time. It’s one of the Best Coffee Machine UK For Home 2021.
What’s in it for you?
Coffee lovers will be pleased to know that Krups includes a coffee tamper and measuring spoons for your grounds.
- 1.5L maximum water capacity
- 15 bar pressure
- Compact and minimalistic
- Suitable for ground coffee
#8 — Bosch Tassimo Vivy
Bosch is known for numerous home appliances but what may surprise you is that they’ve recently developed a line of coffee makers. It’s sleek and ergonomic design is sure to keep you ecstatic for your morning coffee.
- Bosch Tassimo Vivy has more than 35 varieties from hot chocolates and teas to macchiatos and lattes.
- Despite the limit in coffee pods that can only be purchased through Bosch there’s a wide range of flavours for you to sink your teeth into.
What’s in it for you?
If you’re looking for quality coffee the Tassimo is sure to delight you with its low maintenance feature with automatic cleaning and descaling programs. With a 1.5-litre water tank, you don’t have to keep filling it up too often.
- 1.5-litre water tank
- 35 drink varieties
- No heat up time with auto-off feature
- Compact and ergonomic
- Automatic descaling program
- Dishwasher proof parts
#9 — Francis Francis for Illy Expresso Coffee Maker
Coffee isn’t just about the aroma and taste; aesthetic also plays a huge part in your coffee experience. Francis Francis Espresso Coffee Maker is an eye-catching coffee maker that please you with its vintage style.
- It has a pannarello steam wand that allows you to froth your milk perfectly producing the optimal cappuccino and latte every time.
- A capsule coffee maker exclusively for illy iperEspresso capsules that limits your range but provides quality cups of coffee.
- With 3 colours to choose from that is sure to wow your guests with its vintage aesthetics.
What’s in it for you?
The Francis Francis for Illy Expresso Coffee Maker has programmable volume settings. Basically, it’ll let you adjust the drink volume to your desired setting.
- Exclusive for illy iperEspresso
- 3 colour option
#10 — WACACO Nanopresso
For coffee aficionados a cup of coffee isn’t just for mornings it’s a great perk me up drink no matter where you are. Wacaco Nanopresso is the best portable espresso maker that gives you quality coffee wherever you are.
- The Nanopresso has a compact and ergonomic design that makes it a perfect travel companion. Of course, you can also use it at home. This lightweight coffee machine has been engineered to provide the best-tasting coffee.
- This coffee machine works with all kinds of ground coffee. All you have to do is add boiling water to the water tank and pump manually. The machine is designed with a heatsink pattern to absorb heat and protect your hands.
What’s in it for you?
There’s no need for batteries or electricity. You can achieve a maximum of 18 bars of stable pressure with just your hands. With just a twist, the Nanopresso will extract coffee with an unparalleled taste.
- 18 bars of pressure
- 15% less force than Minipresso
- Ergonomic and collapsible
- 80mL maximum water capacity
- Heatsink to protect hands from heat
How to choose the right coffee machine
Choosing the right Coffee Machine can get really tedious. But, it is actually very simple.
- There are just 3 factors you must remember when buying a coffee machine and there are 2 types of coffee machines.
- The three factors are Price, Taste and Time. These three factors will determine your type of coffee machine.
- And the Two Types of Machines are Bean to Cup Coffee Machines and Pod/Capsule Coffee Machines.
Now, let’s get into the nitty-gritty of various types of coffee machines.
Types of Coffee Machines
|Best Tasting Coffee||De’Longhi PrimaDonna Class|
|Best Budget Friendly Coffee Machine||Bosch TASSIMO Vivy|
|Best Coffee Machine to save time||Nespresso Lattissima One|
Bean to Cup Coffee Machines
The best part about bean to cup coffee machines is, it comes with a grinder that grids the beans down into a fine powder. You can actually set the size of ground beans based on your preference.
- A normal coffee machine cannot process coffee beans and will require ground coffee powder to make a cup of coffee.
- Bean to cup coffee machines are my personal favourite as it can prepare freshly ground coffee with amazing aroma and taste. It doesn’t taste stale, since, the beans are only ground to prepare for each cup.
You get a cup of Java immediately after its ground and then you can create froth with the steam arm. And voila, pure artisan level cappuccino on your kitchen counter.
Pod/Capsule Coffee Machines
The pod coffee machine is probably the most popular type of coffee machine out there.
- It’s pretty easy to use. You insert the pod into the machine and the machine will inject hot water through the ground coffee powder in the pod and you’ll have your cup of coffee in a few minutes.
- The only major issue is that even the best coffee machines will not be able to make a cup of coffee better than your average bean to cup coffee machine.
- Most importantly, while thecapsule coffee machines are much faster, and cleaner, the used capsule themselves contribute to solid waste management/ pollution issues.
Also, most of these Pod coffee machines have an auto-clean feature which saves your time.
What to consider when buying a new coffee machine?
If you’re looking to buy a new coffee machine. There are certain things that you need to keep in mind. Other than the type of the coffee machine, you will want to look at functionality and features of the machines.
- For example, some coffee machines offer basic functions like temperature settings in addition to pre-set functions that prepare the common favorites such as Espressos, Americanos and lattes.
- The Higher end ones can can allow you to customize your coffee using strength, volume, pressure settings. Most importantly, these settings have tremendous range. Additionally, these high end coffee machines can even record your favorite settings.
- The really good ones even have a great overall design that doesn’t look out of place and it comes with bars and wands that control pressure and steam. Although they look complicated, to a coffee afficianado there irreplaceable as they help elvate your artisan lattes. Of course, they should also have essential components such as filters that get rid of limescale and other impurities in the water.
- The latest coffee machines even offer IoT features which is definitely something to consider. These machines basically allow the user to control it remotely through phones. You can also set automation commands. For example, you can set you machine to prepare a cup of coffee every morning at 9 am. And it’ll be ready by the time your ready to go to work. Check out our list of the Best Coffee Machine UK For Home 2021 for more details.
What are the best coffee machines for home?
It honestly depends on your lifestyle and needs. For example, if you constantly rush to work every morning and need a quick pick-me-up you should probably invest in a speedy coffee machine like the Breville One-Touch Coffeehouse.
- And if you want even more speed then you can invest in Smarter Coffee 2nd Generation. A machine that you can control on your smartphone.
- But, if you want to take your time and want something more fine or artisan then go for De’Longhi PrimaDonna Class which will let you go crazy with amazing coffee creations. Check out our list of the Best Coffee Machines in the UK 2021 for more details.
How do I choose a coffee machine for my home?
Instead of going to a coffee shop each day and spending all that money, buying a coffee machine is a really smart move. However, choosing one depends on a number of factors such as budget, taste and time.
- There are serious coffee aficionados out there who spend a lot of money on really high-quality machines and that’s completely fine. However, it is also important to start at a level where investing in a really good coffee machine will align with your needs.
- Taste, after all, is important. Do you want an artisan cappuccino or do you want a filter coffee? This will determine the type of coffee machine you want. And finally, time.
- The most important factor to note is that some coffee machines can take a really long to prepare coffee as it takes into consideration things like milk temperature, frothing, and water pressure, etc. So if you’re rushing in the morning get a speedy coffee machine. Something like a Breville One-Touch Coffeehouse.
What is the easiest coffee machine to use?
The most simple kind of coffee machines is the one where you pop in a pod, press a button and voila, you have a steaming cup of Java.
- Pod-based coffee machines are super easy to use and also relatively cheaper. The Nespresso Lattissima One is one of the few coffee machines on the planet that will make your life convenient while delivering good coffee. Check out our list of the Best Coffee Machines in the UK 2021 for more details.
Is it worth buying a coffee machine?
If you drink coffee on a regular basis and I mean at least every day, then you’re probably wasting a ton of money on those Grandes.
- If you want to cut down on your expenses and still get the same or even better quality coffee at your very own convenience. Then go for the coffee machine. It’s totally worth it. Check out our list of the Best Coffee Machines in the UK 2021 for more details.
What is the best cheap coffee machine?
They are loads of cheap coffee machines that are quite crappy but the Bosch Tassimo Vivy is really good.
- You can literally get coffee with a push of a button. Most importantly, this machine can totally help save you time as it automatically cleans itself. Check out our list of the Best Coffee Machines in the UK 2021 for more details.
- Check Out The Best Selling Products on Amazon UK 2021
- Fantastic Kettles That Can Improve The Taste Of Water
- You’ll Never Have To Deal With Tangled Earphones With These Amazing Wireless Earbuds