Most of us depend on Instant coffee for our morning pick me ups. We just go about the day without paying any attention to the taste of the coffee. However, even the best Instant coffees don’t even come close to the experience fresh coffee beans have to offer. Check out our list of the Best Online Coffee Beans UK for more details.
Well let me tell you, you don’t have to be a coffee fanatic to understand or appreciate coffee beans. There are amazing blends out there that have an unbelievable range of flavour. For example, you can find beans with notes of chocolates, nutty and even exotic fruity notes.
It can be quite irritating and expensive to personally try out various coffee blends before zeroing in on the best. Which is why we at Discount Age have gone through numerous cups and jitters to bring you this list of the Best Coffee Beans UK.
After reviewing over 100 online coffee bean brands based on various factors like flavour, origin, beans and price, my team and I zeroed in on 7 that really stood out. These 7 were further put through a series of stress tests to determine the best. We found that:
The best online coffee beans in the UK is the Spiller & Tait Signature Blend Coffee Beans. This coffee has won multiple awards with its smooth and rich flavour. The beans are sourced from various countries across the world and is prepared using a unique method. It is also extremely affordable at only £16.
- Best Online Coffee Beans UK
- #1 — Spiller & Tait Signature Blend Coffee Beans
- #2 — Lavazza Qualita Rossa Coffee Beans
- #3 — Solimo Coffee Beans
- #4 — Consuelo Gran Aroma
- #5 — Coffee Masters Triple Certified Espresso
- #6 — LUCIFER’S Roast 500g Espresso by KIQO from Italy
- #7 — Good Life – Finca La Pira
Best Online Coffee Beans UK
#1 — Spiller & Tait Signature Blend Coffee Beans
Spiller & Tait Signature Blend Coffee Beans is an award-winning coffee blend that currently dominating the UK market. This popular coffee was refined after tons of market research and after thousands of coffee drinkers taste-tested it. It’s currently, the Best Online Coffee Beans UK.
- This premium coffee has a brilliant flavour profile. This is primarily due to the fact that this Arabica coffee blend is sourced from India, Kenya, Columbia, Brazil, and Ethiopia. It is then roasted right here in south-west England and in small batches for consistent flavour, aroma and freshness.
- The Spiller & Tait Signature Blend Coffee Beans is one of the few premium espresso blends that is made to be completely versatile. Unlike other coffee blends, It can deliver the same consistent flavour regardless of the brewing equipment.
- It can be prepared using percolators, Aeropress machines, siphons and coffee machines and filters. Using finely ground beans would give you the best result. You can even prepare it using a filter coffee machine or a hot water dispenser and it would still taste good.
- The manufacturers recommend 7-12 grams per cup of coffee and brew for 2 to 4 minutes for the best taste. This medium roast can be consumed at any time of the day.
What’s in it for you?
It has a rich and smooth award-winning flavour with only a hint of bitterness. This special blend with its full-bodied flavour won the Taste of the West Awards in 2014 and Prestigious Great Taste Award in 2017. So, it’s currently one of the best tasting coffee’s in the UK
#2 — Lavazza Qualita Rossa Coffee Beans
The Lavazza Qualita Rossa Coffee Beans is an Italian coffee that’s sourced from Brazil and Africa. Although the Lavazza brand is pretty popular worldwide, the Qualita Rossa Coffee Blend is currently one of the Best Online Coffee Beans UK.
- Qualita Rossa Coffee is made from a unique blend of Robusta and Arabica beans. This creates a highly aromatic, smooth and well-rounded flavour with virtual zero bitterness. It’s a medium roasted coffee that can be consumed with or without milk.
- With a golden cream colour and aromatic hints of chocolate and dried nuts, this coffee tastes absolutely divine. A cup of this coffee can satisfy and fulfil your caffeine needs.
What’s in it for you?
If you own a coffee machine, you’re in luck. This is one of the few blends that is best prepared by an espresso machine. An espresso machine can perfectly extract the flavour and the aroma of this blend.
#3 — Solimo Coffee Beans
Solimo is an Amazon Exclusive brand that is made from 100% Arabica coffee beans from Colombia. Although it doesn’t have an overwhelmingly delicious flavour profile, It’s a perfect choice for families and offices due to its quantity. It’s one Best Coffee Beans UK.
- These beans come in a really high-quality package that is airtight to ensure the quality and freshness of the beans.
- The Solimo coffee is medium roasted and is soft and mellow on your palate. It has a creamy, smooth taste and an aroma with strong notes of nuts, chocolates and smoke.
- These beans are sourced from UTZ certified farmers that maintain good farming practices. Since it’s sourced from the best estates, you can expect the best quality beans.
What’s in it for you?
You won’t such an amazing deal with any other coffee brand. For the price of 2 kgs of Solimo blend coffee, you can expect 4kgs worth of quantity.
#4 — Consuelo Gran Aroma
The Consuelo Gran Aroma is for a very specific type of coffee drinker. Made from a blend of Brazillian Arabica and Robusta beans from the Far East, this bitter coffee takes some getting used to.
- These coffee beans are roasted in Italy and packaged in airtight high-quality packaging. It’s one of the Best Online Coffee Beans UK.
- I personally recommend you drink this coffee with cream instead of taking it black as the cream helps create a dark and velvety texture with a smooth taste and a hint of bitterness. The roasted smoky aroma with hints of nutty notes also improves the experience.
What’s in it for you?
This coffee is heavily roasted till the beans are brittle. This not only elevates the taste, but it also raises the intensity of the flavour to an unimaginable degree. Definitely worth the experience.
#5 — Coffee Masters Triple Certified Espresso
Coffee Masters is an independent coffee company based out of the UK that specializes in creating unique blends. With an extensive supply chain, they source top quality beans from around the world. One of the most unique things about this company is that they give importance to the origin of their beans.
- The Coffee Masters Triple Certified Espresso is a blend of sweet caramels with hits of chocolate and aromatic undertones of citrus. This unique blend tastes good regardless of how your prepare it. Personally, I prefer the cappuccino version.
- It’s won the 2018 Great Taste Award which speaks volume about the quality of the blend. This coffee consists of a medium roasted coffee bean blend from Honduras, Ethiopia and Sumatra.
What’s in it for you?
If your concern about where your coffee is sourced from or if you’re worried about the farming practices that went into making your fresh cup, then you’re in luck as these coffee beans are fair trade, organic and rainforest alliance certified.
#6 — LUCIFER’S Roast 500g Espresso by KIQO from Italy
The LUCIFER’S Roast 500g Espresso by KIQO from Italy is perfect for those who year for strong coffee. This coffee is so strong it will it jolt you out of your lethargy. These coffee beans are unique as they’re made from 100% Robusta beans from the best plantations from the Coffee Belt. It’s one of the Best Coffee Beans UK.
- Packaged in a beautiful airtight bag these beans are known for their full-bodied and strong taste. The smooth velvety taste of these beans makes it ideal for expresses and Americanos.
- These beans are hand-roasted unlike the majority of the coffee beans out there that are processed in a huge machine. Hand-roasting ensures that the flavour of each individual bean is activated.
- One of the most unique things about this coffee is the fact it’s extremely fresh. A maximum of one week elapses between handpicking these beans and processing it. So, it’s as fresh as it can get.
- According to the manufacturers, no additives or flavour enhancers are used in the entire production process or the refinement of these beans. So, essentially these biologically sustainable beans can be considered vegan.
What’s in it for you?
The LUCIFER’S Roast 500g Espresso by KIQO from Italy is one of the strongest coffee’s on the planet. A cup of joe can jolt you and give you energy throughout the day. If you’re a caffeine hound and drink several cups of coffee on a daily basis this is the blend for you. The best part is you won’t run into any stomach issues as these beans lacks acidity.
#7 — Good Life – Finca La Pira
This Costa Rican Coffee will definitely be one of the best blends you’ll ever taste in your life. The Good Life Finca La Pira is a medium roast coffee that’s made from 100% speciality grade Arabica coffee beans.
- These well-groomed beans are grown in the high altitudes of Costa Rica in the shades of Silver oak trees. It’s due to extreme environmental factors like these that give the Finca La Pira Coffee It’s unique taste.
- This coffee is made from pure coffee beans without any fillers, additives, artificial colours or flavours. It’s one of the best Gourmet coffee beans you can buy on Amazon UK.
What’s in it for you?
This artisan coffee is famous for its brilliant taste. You can literally smell the unique aroma as soon as you open the bag. Once you brew this delicious drink you can taste divinity. Alright, it’s not that exaggerated but it’s still quite rare. You get to enjoy the delicate fruity flavours of mango and peach with an amazing after taste. although it sounds weird, it tastes amazing.
How to Choose Coffee Beans in the UK?
Choosing the “right” coffee beans is dependent on multiple factors. Of course, the “right” here is extremely subjective. However, there are certain absolutes as well. Here’s are some important factors to consider when choosing coffee beans.
- While the flavour is obviously important, it’s dependent on various other factors. For example, the nature of the bean. Coffee beans are actually seeds that are found in the berry-like fruits of the coffee plant. It is removed and then roasted to bring out the flavour.
- The duration of the roast is one of the most important factors that intimately decide the flavour of the coffee. Mild-roasted coffee beans give a light flavour. However, it also contains the most amount of caffeine as the beans still retain the essential oils. The higher the duration of the roasts the bitter the taste. However, it is also more beneficial to the human body.
- Dark roasts taste the best as they are not only bitter but they also have a chocolaty and nuttier taste. They also happen to have the best aromas.
- Another important factor to the flavour of the coffee is the bean itself. Only full whole beans contain the best flavours. When broken the bean undergoes oxidization which results in the deterioration of flavour. So, it’s is important to invest in whole beans without cracks for fresh coffee.
- The location from where the coffee bean is sourced from is extremely important. After all, not all coffee beans taste the same. The climate, temperature and altitude can cause significant changes to the coffee bean and its flavour.
- This is why coffee beans sourced from the “coffee belt” regions like Brazil and Colombia are considered the best in the world.
Type of Coffee Bean
- Arabica and Robusta are the most common types of coffee beans. However, Arabica is the best of the best. It not only has a nuttier and chocolate flavour with various aromas. While Robusta is extremely bitter and highly caffeinated.
- While Arabica beans will give you that premium taste. You can also buy blends if you’re in the mood for something more balanced.
What are the best coffee beans UK?
Preparing a cup of coffee from beans elevate the freshness and experience of the drink, unlike instant coffee. However, not all coffee beans are great. Some can be over roasted till the point it’s devoid of flavour and some might not be processed right making it extremely bitter. However, if you are going to go through the tedious process of preparing a cup from coffee beans, you might as well settle for the best.
The best coffee beans in the UK would have to be Spiller & Tait Signature Blend Coffee Beans with Good Life’s Finca La Pira trailing after it. The Spiller & Tait Signature Blend is tailor-made to suit the English palate.
The manufacturers perfected it after intensive market research. So, it is by far one of the best coffee beans you can find in the UK. Good Life’s Finca La Pira, on the other hand, is just a wonderful experience. With a fruity mango and peach taste, it’s something you’ll want to try out at least once in your life. Check out our list of the Best Online Coffee Beans UK for more details.
- These Amazing Flat Toasters Will Blow Your Mind
- Eat Healthy Food With These Air Fryers
- Cook Perfect Meal With These Multi Cookers
Joanna is a writer, poet, stand-up comedian and holds two master’s in arts and history. She founded Discount-age with the intention of providing her readers with solutions to everyday household problems. During her free time, Joanna loves cooking but usually ends up ordering in.