Are you a parent of a newborn? Do you have sleepless nights taking care of your baby? While technology can’t replace your responsibilities or allay your fears, it can make your life a little bit easier. With modern baby monitors that can not only transmit audio but even video and it can definitely lighten your load.
But to be quite honest, baby monitors have really become more of a necessity these days along with the nappies. Even our parents used to talk to us over that bulky walkie-talkie.
They not only give you peace of mind as a parent, but they also allow you to closely monitor your little one’s behaviour, sleeping pattern, and moods. Anyway, here’s a list of the Best Baby Monitors in the UK 2020.
- Top baby monitors in the UK 2020
- Best Baby Monitor UK
- #1 — Kodak Cherish C525 Video Baby Monitor
- #2 — Babymoov YOO Moov
- #3 — BT Smart Video Baby Monitor
- #4 — Arlo Baby
- #5 — Bluebell Baby Monitor
- #6 — Bleep Bleeps Suzy Snooze
- #7 — Owlet Smart Sock 2
- #8 — Snuza HeroMD Portable Breathing Monitor
- #9 — BT Digital Audio Baby Monitor 400
- #10 — Eufy Security Video Baby Monitor
- What do I need to know when choosing a baby monitor?
Top baby monitors in the UK 2020
|Kodak Cherish C525 Video Baby Monitor||Two-way talk feature,|
Infrared 720p HD video,
Lullabies and white noise,
Works up to 4000 square feet.
|Babymoov YOO Moov||300-metre range,|
Nightlight and lullaby,
4.3-inch screen .
|BT Smart Video Baby Monitor|| Records in 720p HD,|
Night vision and motion detection,
5-inch parent unit,
|Arlo Baby||1080p HD recording,|
Night vision and motion detection,
NO parental unit,
|Bluebell Baby Monitor||Two-way pre-recorded audio,|
Sound Alerts and Motion alerts,
Tracks baby’s vitals.
|Bleep Bleeps Suzy Snooze||Wake Up and Sleep Mode,|
|Owlet Smart Sock 2||Smart tracking,|
18-hour battery life charges for 4 hours,
BPA, Latex, and Lead-free,
Owlet app is compatible with iOS and Android.
|Snuza HeroMD Portable Breathing Monitor||Vibrate notification,|
Portable breathing monitor,
Certified medical device.
|BT Digital Audio Baby Monitor 400||50-300 metres,|
|Eufy Security Video Baby Monitor||460ft distance,|
240p video with 330-degree corner to corner pan.
Best Baby Monitor UK
#1 — Kodak Cherish C525 Video Baby Monitor
One of the best baby monitors in the UK is Kodak’s Cherish C525. Kodak has been in the business of cameras, recording, and photography since 1888.
So after combining more than a hundred years of experience and technology they have developed a baby monitor equipped with tons of features to keep you and your baby at ease. And this why the Cherish C525 is one of the Best Baby Monitors in the UK 2020.
- A smart video baby monitor paired with a 5-inch parental unit leaves you feeling confident on your baby’s welfare. It helps you keep a watchful eye on your little one even when you’re on the road with a range of up to 4000 square feet.
- Fully equipped with rechargeable batteries and 100% Wi-Fi connectivity.
- The Cherish C525 can pan the room, zoom in, and tilt so you can capture all your baby’s moments quietly. Your parent unit captures and streams HD videos on a 5-inch unit.
- Smart notification features show you how your baby sleeps with motion and sound notifications.
- All videos can be uploaded to the cloud or an SD card for you to be able to easily revisit these sweet moments.
- Two-way talk feature
- Temperature alerts
- Infrared 720p HD video
- Lullabies and white noise
- Night vision
- Works up to 4000 square feet
#2 — Babymoov YOO Moov
Babymoov Yoo-Moov is a smart audio and video baby monitor that comes with a 4.3-inch parent unit. Despite having a short range of 300 metres it is still one of the best baby monitors in the market.
- Fully equipped with talkback and nightlight functions you can quietly check up on your little one any time of day.
- The camera monitors your baby with 360-degrees allowing you to zoom, tilt, and pan around the room.
- Complete with 7 colours and 5 lullaby night light and playlist your little one is sure to fall asleep instantly.
- You can expect top of the notch features with bell notifications, temperature sensors, and night vision from Babymoov Yoo-Moov.
- 300-metre range
- Talkback function
- Nightlight and lullaby
- 360-degree view
- 4.3-inch screen
#3 — BT Smart Video Baby Monitor
The company that makes BT Smart Video Baby Monitor do not pride themselves with style, but with functionality. Known as one of the most flexible and versatile baby monitors in the market. Despite its modest design the BT Smart Video baby monitor has Alexa and Google assist connectivity for more ease of use.
- You can easily link up the 5-inch parent unit and camera without any hassle.
- Not only does it have voice control, but it also comes complete with a BT Smart Controls App making it a lot easier to keep an eye on your baby throughout the day.
- The parent unit itself is equipped with LED lights that notify you of the sound levels in your babies’ room.
- The camera is fully equipped with digital zoom and can tilt and pan up to 135-degrees.
- Records in 720p HD
- Talkback feature
- Night vision and motion detection
- 5-inch parent unit
#4 — Arlo Baby
If you’re looking for picture quality, then Arlo Baby is just the baby monitor for your home. It records in 1080p HD quality complete with night vision and talkback feature.
- With its adorable animal design, the Arlo Baby is perfect for every nursery. With its HD quality recording, it can capture the sharpest and most detailed pictures with an impressive night vision feature that can cover 4.5 metres.
- Fully equipped with two-way talkback feature, air sensors, and multi-coloured night lights you can’t quietly monitor your baby from anywhere in the house.
- The Arlo Baby app notifies you when there is sounds or movement in your baby’s nursery.
- The continuous live stream can be paused to take photos of your babies’ sweet moments.
- To make it better you can link the Arlo Baby to home assistants such as Amazon Alexa and Google assistant to make monitoring easier.
- 1080p HD recording
- Talkback feature
- Night vision and motion detection
- NO parental unit
#5 — Bluebell Baby Monitor
With the rise of technology baby monitors are evolving into a more encompassing monitor for your baby. Don’t be discouraged that it doesn’t have a video option because Bluebell is the latest innovation in the baby monitoring industry.
- Unlike other baby monitors, Bluebell is a smart monitoring system for you and your baby.
- It tracks your baby’s position, sleep pattern, temperature, and crying patterns.
- Bluebell also doubles as a wearable nightlight and lullaby for your baby.
- When you purchase the Bluebell you will receive 2 wearable devices; one to monitor your baby, and 2nd is a parent unit where you will receive notifications and details about your baby.
- Two-way pre-recorded audio
- Sound Alerts and Motion alerts
#6 — Bleep Bleeps Suzy Snooze
Parents tend to have a misconception that baby monitors are just for newly born babies. But, the truth is baby monitors are good for toddler’s sleep training. That’s where Bleep bleeps Suzy Snooze comes to play.
- Suzy Snooze is a smart nightlight that helps soothe your toddlers to sleep and keep an eye on them too.
- Specially designed to help toddlers settle to the right sleeping schedule, Suzy lets you listen in to your toddler to check if they are in bed.
- The best part is that Suzy Snooze has a smart app that lets you control it and monitor your child’s reaction to her.
- Wake Up and Sleep Mode
- Talkback feature
- Sound Alert
#7 — Owlet Smart Sock 2
Have you ever heard of a Smart Sock? The Owlet Smart Sock 2 is a comfortable wrap for your newborn baby’s foot. It tracks their oxygen levels, heart rate, and sleep patterns. The base of the sock glows green to notify you that your baby is in the right condition.
- The Owlet Sock 2 intelligently tracks your baby’s oxygen levels and heart rates which are vital for newborn babies.
- It also tracks your baby’s sleep measurements whether they sleep soundly or not.
- The Owlet has Bluetooth connectivity that notifies your phone for any concerns.
- Smart tracking
- 18-hour battery life charges for 4 hours
- 1.4 pounds
- BPA, Latex, and Lead-free
- Owlet app is compatible with iOS and Android
#8 — Snuza HeroMD Portable Breathing Monitor
Let’s face it baby monitors aren’t just for checking on your babies, sometimes it’s a medical necessity. Snuza HeroMD is the first portable baby monitor that has been certified as a medical device.
- Simply attach the Snuza HeroMD to your baby’s diaper and you can carefully monitor their breathing pattern.
- The goal is for you to immediately know if your child is having trouble breathing which may be a result of other illnesses.
- Early detection and intervention are necessary for any parent.
- Vibrate notification
- Portable breathing monitor
- Certified medical device
#9 — BT Digital Audio Baby Monitor 400
Some prefer an all-audio baby monitor, just so you know if there’s anything wrong with your baby. BT Digital Audio Baby Monitor gives you HF interference-free sounds and visual alerts all day long.
- Its long-range and can work up to 50 metres indoors and 300 metres outdoors.
- You’d be glad to know that the parent unit that comes with the BT Digital Audio baby monitor is battery operated so you can have it with you throughout the day.
- 50-300 metres
- HD sound
- Battery operated
#10 — Eufy Security Video Baby Monitor
A brand that’s has managed snag quite a few recommendations from New York magazine and Wirecutter, Eufy’s security video baby monitor is perfect for new moms who needs that extra assurance.
- Fully equipped with a 5-inch parent display that shows 720p videos.
- Eufy Security Baby Monitor records in 240p with a wide lens option that swivels up to 110-degrees.
- The camera can cover an entire room and give you instant alerts on any noise or movement in your baby’s nursery.
- 460ft distance
- 240p video with 330-degree corner to corner pan.
What do I need to know when choosing a baby monitor?
Baby monitors come in a variety of designs. Generally, there are two types of baby monitors: ones that record both audio and video and the ones that record only video.
The modern ones also come with a variety of cool features that can make it very easy for the parent. After all, these baby monitors do way more than just simply help you monitor your child.
But, how do you know which is the best baby monitor for you? Let’s start with the basics.
When buying a baby monitor, you will have to consider whether you want an audio-only device or an audio and video device.
Audio and Video Option
If you’re going for the audio and video option, you need to consider various things like: How often do you travel? And how far?
For example, if you travel constantly you will need a higher-end system that can monitor your child constantly. And based on who’s interacting with the child you might even need alarms and motion detectors.
Most importantly you need the type where the camera module should be plugged into a plug socket. A battery-powered baby monitor can be a little unreliable if you are on the move.
If you don’t have complex needs then an audio device is actually perfect for you. It can transmit very high quality and clear audio, so you can always hear your child. It can also be very private and secure.
If you’re in close proximity to your child all the time then this device is completely useful and reliable. Audio-only devices can relatively have better battery performance and can be very budget-friendly.
Two-way talk, Video Quality, Body Temperature Tracker
When we have complex needs it becomes very important to make those needs. Majority of the baby monitor shoot and record in very high 1080p quality. They also have a two-way talk feature so you can talk to and soothe your child and can also double as a night light.
Other possible features include motion detection and night vision, and some devices are capable of monitoring the environment. For example, the temperature or humidity.
And if you really really want that extra peace of mind then there are devices that can track your baby’s body temperature, sleep patterns and various other readings.
What are the best baby monitors 2020?
The Kodak Cherish C525 Video Baby Monitor is one of the best devices of 2020. Although its not the most expensive, it does come with a variety of brilliant features that will help you monitor your child with a peace of mind.
With this device’s two-way talk feature you can soothe your baby. And keep an eye on the child during your travels.
This devices is capable of transmiting and recording in 720p HD and can also monitor your child in the dark with its night vision feature. And it has a massive range of 4000 square feet.
What is the best baby monitor for long distance?
The best of the Best Baby Monitors in the UK 2020 can monitor up to 300 metres. And the Kodak Cherish C525 Video Baby Monitor can monitor up to 4000 square feet which is around 371 metres. There’s also the Babymoov YOO Moov which can monitor and capture up to 300 metres and can move in a 360 degree fashion.
If you don’t wasn’t to invest in a video baby monitor or prefer audio monitors, then the BT Digital Audio Baby Monitor 400 can working up to 50-300 metres.
Why are baby monitors so bad?
Baby monitors can be a very useful tool. As a tool they are definitely not “bad”. Although in terms of quality, some are bad but there are brilliant and reasonably priced devices such as the Kodak Cherish C525 Video Baby Monitor.
Of course you need to be completely careful with a baby monitor by making sure your child can get to the device itself or the wires.