Laundry isn’t an easy task. It requires a lot of time and elbow grease that frankly most of us don’t have the time for. Since most of us have lives that are jam-packed, washing machines can definitely come in handy. But choosing the right one is a pain. So, check out our list od the Best Washing Machines in the UK 2020 for all the details.
Washing Machines can such a useful appliance, especially in the long run. In fact, there are so many convenient products on the market that are so simple and beneficial, you can use the time you save on the important things in life and not mundane tasks.
It’s definitely a smart investment that can save you a lot of time and money. Not only do they deeply clean your clothes and dry your clothes but most of them have functions and programmes that are of immense help. Check out our list below for the Best Washing Machines in the UK 2020.
- Best Washing Machines in the UK
- #1 — AEG 9000 Series
- #2 — Samsung WW90J5456MW 9kg EcoBubble
- #3 — Bosch Series 6 Washing Machine
- #4 — Beko Freestanding WTG841B2
- #5 — LG FH4G1BCS2
- #6 — Siemens iQ300 WM14N201GB
- #7 — HOTPOINT ACTIVECARE NM11 845
- #8 — White Knight C37AW Compact
- #9 — Candy GVS169DC3
- #10 — Hoover DXOA 49C3B
- How to choose the best washing machine (UK)?
- Things you need to know when buying a Washing machine
- How much should I spend on a washing machine?
- What size is appropriate?
- What brand is the best?
- What features are important?
- What is the best washing machine to buy in the UK in 2020?
- What brand of washing machine is the most reliable?
- How long should a Washing machine last?
- Is it worth it to repair a washing machine?
Best Washing Machines in the UK
|Best Feature/Factor||Best Washing Machine 2020||Price|
|Best functions||AEG 9000 Series||£1,089.00|
|Best value for money||Bosch WAT28463GB||£569.00|
|Fast Cleaning||Beko Freestanding WTG841B2||£219.99|
|Quietest||Samsung WW90J5456MW EcoBubble||£389.00|
|Cheapest yet Reliable||White Knight C37AW Compact||£129.98|
|Most expensive||AEG 9000 Series||£1,089.00|
|Best overall||Samsung WW90J5456MW EcoBubble||£389.00|
#1 — AEG 9000 Series
The AEG 9000 Series is making its way to homes everywhere. It was awarded as “Product of the Year” with numerous 5-star ratings in review websites everywhere. It is equipped with amazing wash modes for any type of clothing. It is definitely one of the Best Washing Machines in the UK 2020.
- The AEG 9000 series is an extremely useful machine as it has a 9kg drum size with a max spin of 1,6000rpm. Not only does it give an amazing cleaning performance, but it also has features that will benefit your clothes and make chores less of a hassle.
- A salt dispenser feature separates the AEG 9000 series from other washing machines in the market. The salt cleans and softens the water while making your clothes even cleaner. It’s most beneficial for those who live in an area with high chlorine tap water. This makes it one of the best washing machine UK.
The AEG 9000 series improved its steam-based programme that keeps your clothes fresh and doesn’t require any ironing after. These washing machines are Woolmark certified which means it’s safe for sheep-based clothes. And this makes it one of the Best Washing Machines in the UK 2020.
- 9kg drum size
- 1,600rpm maximum spin rate
- Salt dispenser
- Woolmark certified
- Energy efficient
- Best washing machine
- The 9 Kg capacity and the spin rate is perfect for any household
- The salt dispenser feature cleans your clothes thoroughly and improves its longevity. Perfect for wool-based clothes.
- It’s super-energy efficient.
- The black colour clothes stay perfectly black without discolouration or fading. The bright colour also remains the same.
- The bright and clear display
- Anti-flood feature
- It has a steam function to remove creases and odour. This helps with ironing.
- A bit pricey
- The superlative wash is amazing while the 40-degree isn’t great.
- Some wash programmes take longer than what the indicator suggests
#2 — Samsung WW90J5456MW 9kg EcoBubble
One of the things that makes Samsung WW90J5456MW the best washing machine, is its Ecobubble technology.
- It mixes water, air, and detergents to create bubbles that help clean and washes your clothes faster without consuming too much energy. It’s efficient and environmentally friendly as well. Whether it’s baby clothes, synthetics, or cotton you only need to soak them for 30 minutes to loosen even the toughest of stains efficiently cleaning all your garments.
- Because of the efficiencies of the Samsung WW90J5456MW, you no longer have to worry about the painstaking process of cleaning out your drawer. The detergent drum no longer overflows with residues because of high powered water jets that make the transfer of detergents smoother and efficient.
- To give you more peace of mind Samsung has introduced a Smart Check feature that pairs with any Smartphone to check on possible issues on your washing machine and advises you on basic troubleshooting you can do without costing you a hefty bill with the repairman.
The Samsung WW90J5456MW EcoBubble is energy efficient, state of the art, and features an elegant design that will make you look forward to doing your laundry.
- 9kg water drum capacity
- 1,4000rpm maximum spin speed
- EcoBubble Technology
- LED display
- 50dB (wash) 74dB (Spin) maximum noise level
- Child Lock, Bubble Soak, Last Memory, Quick Wash feature
- Diamond drum type
- Great value for money
- Amazing wash performance
- The eco-mode is super efficient
- The display and controls are easy to use
- Every wash is quiet, which is fantastic
- The modes are extremely convenient and make it the best washing machine.
- The main wash is super lengthy
- The water use is kinda high for an eco-warrior washing machine
- The hole is not as big as the door, so you need to put your back into it when throwing in the clothes
#3 — Bosch Series 6 Washing Machine
Bosch is dominating the market with ever so simple yet highly advanced series 6 washing machines. The i-DOS intelligent dosing system of the Bosch Series 6 Washing Machine gives you only perfect results every time.
- Its Auto Wash feature automatically sets and adjusts speed and water temperature depending on the weight, dirtiness, and material of each load.
- Optimum water distribution paired with a unique VarioDrum system ensures that no matter how delicate your garments are they will be cleaned efficiently without compromising their integrity.
- Its built-in Aqua Stop function has a specially designed double-walled feeding hose and safety valve that ensures the integrity of the floor tank for guaranteed long-lasting protection against any water damages.
To make it better The Bosch Series 6 has an Active Water Plus technology that keeps each load environmentally friendly and budget-friendly. Bosch is one of the best washing machine brand. It is also Equipped with Home Connect, you are in control of your washing machine by simply using a PC, Smartphone, or tablet app.
- A+++ energy efficiency
- 9kg drum capacity
- 1,400rpm maximum spin
- 47dB (Wash) and 73dV(Spin) maximum noise level
- LED Display
- Drum interior light
- Child-lock feature and buzzer
- Ease of use
- Amazing features. You can add extra water to the rinse cycle to thoroughly clean the clothes
- Indicates the time left in a cycle
- Large load capacity
- There very little noise
- Great value for money and one of the best washing machine UK
- The protrusion of the door can get in the way
- Small objects like socks can get stick in the front portion and won’t undergo cleaning.
#4 — Beko Freestanding WTG841B2
We all know that there are days when we need to wash a quick batch just to get through the day, most often times that takes hours to do. But that all changes with very popular Beko’s Freestanding WTG841B2.
- This machine’s Daily Quick Programme washes 8kg in just 28 minutes saving you money, time, and a lot of effort. You can also wash a small 2kg load in just 14 minutes with the Fast Wash option. It’s certainly one of the best washing machines.
- The Beko WTG841B2 saves you 10% of space while cleaning your garments 55% faster than other washing machines on the market.
Its Drum Clean Programme uses 70°C water to clean and remove bacteria left on your washing machine with just a push of a button. You do not have to worry about delicate garments with Hand Wash Programme that deeply washes your clothes gently and thoroughly.
- 8kg drum capacity
- 1,400rpm maximum spin
- A+++ energy efficiency
- Variable Spin Speed and Temperature Option
- Child lock feature
- Energy efficient
- Fast wash time
- The 70-degree wash will thoroughly clean all your clothes without damaging them.
- The spin dry feature isn’t great
- This washing machine has a terrible life span
#5 — LG FH4G1BCS2
Regarded as one of the best smart washing machines in the market, the LG FH4G1BCS2 is a crowd favourite.
- The patented True Steam technology refreshes, cleans and removes allergens as certified by the British Allergy Foundation.
- You don’t have to worry about spending a lot of money since it washes your clothes 49 minutes less than regular washing machines.
- The inverted direct drive in LG’s FH4G1BCS2 makes less noise and less vibration keeping your home peaceful and your life a little bit easier.
SmartThinQ technology allows you to connect with your washing machine using a Wi-Fi connection. It enables you to continue your laundry anywhere, anytime. To make it better you can download 20 more additional programs for your washing machine.
- 12Kg weight capacity, 77 litters of the drum volume
- 7 temperature settings to choose from
- LED display
- A+++ energy efficiency
- 52dB (Wash), 71dB (Spin) noise levels
- Great wash. Especially, the allergy mode
- Very little noise
- The temperature settings are brilliant
- Capable of handling a heavy wash load
- Susceptible to cosmetic damage
- It can take a long time during the wash cycles.
#6 — Siemens iQ300 WM14N201GB
Siemens has been innovating home appliances since 2015, their goal is to make life easier. The Siemens iQ300 Washing Machine deeply cleans your garments without costing too much.
- A great mid-ranged washing machine that has an 8kg drum size capacity and 1,4000rpm maximum spin speed. With a brushless motor that guarantees long-term use and A+++ energy efficiency rating.
Quick Wash Programme is perfect for small soiled loads for on the go households. In only 30-minutes your clothes will be rinsed and spun for optimum cleanliness.
- 8kg capacity, 1,400rpm maximum spin speed
- A+++ energy efficiency class
- 55 litters drum volume
- 55dB9 washing), 76dB( spin) maximum noise levels
- 21 wash programmes to choose from
- Touch Control Buttons
- Child safety features
- Easy to use
- The touch controls and display is extremely useful
- The wash programmes can be used for a variety of clothes and it can handle the delicates without damaging them.
- Decent wash time
- The detergent compartment is placed at the back which is annoying
- The size of the washing machine is quite small for an 8 kg capacity machine.
#7 — HOTPOINT ACTIVECARE NM11 845
If you’re athletic or just have rambunctious kids running around, stains are sure to be your number one problem.
- Hotpoint Active Care NM11 845 is known for its stain-busting technology and innovative laundry solutions that deeply cleanses your garments while protecting even the most sensitive of garments.
Hotpoint’s Active Care has Active Mousse technology combines with the right amount of water and detergent even before it touches your clothes for optimum cleaning power.
- 8kg drum capacity, 1,400rpm spin speed
- A+++ energy efficiency class
- Active Drum technology removes even the toughest stains in one wash.
- The steam pack keeps clothes fresh and hygienic
- Eco Option
- 52dB(wash), 79dB(spin) noise levels
- 4 main options and 14 programs
- Spin cycles are great it does a great job removing the dirt
- A bit noisy
- Takes about 45 minutes for a decent wash and more for a thorough wash
#8 — White Knight C37AW Compact
For smaller homes, you don’t have to purchase a huge capacity washing machine. It’s considered the best budget washing machine.
- White Knight C37AW compact is perfect for small homes with fewer wash loads.
It only has a 3kg capacity drum capacity and uses 2 heat settings. Its sleek and compact design keeps it energy efficient as well.
- C energy rating
- 3kg drum capacity
- 140-minute timer settings
- Cooldown tumble
- 67cm height x 50cm Weight x 47cm diameter
- The spin cycle is good
- The cooldown tumble is super useful
- The load capacity is dismal
- Takes forever to wash
#9 — Candy GVS169DC3
Do you want a budget-friendly washing machine that packs the same cleaning performance as high-end washing machines? Then the Candy GVS169DC3 is just the right machine for you.
- With a 9kg drum capacity and1,6000rpm maximum spin speed, this machine can clean your clothes very efficiently.
With its 15 programmes, you can wash even your most sensitive of garments
- Auto-Adjust settings
- Smartphone connectivity
- LED display
- A+++ energy efficiency rating
- 60dB (wash), 82dB(spin) noise level
- Downloadable programmes are available
- Smartphone control
- You can actually download more programmes
- Does a good job on the spin cycles
#10 — Hoover DXOA 49C3B
Hoover DXOA 49C3B is one of the most under-rated washing machines in the market. It is as high performing as most of the top tier washing machines, but it’s much quieter and a lot cheaper. Like the White Knight, it’s considered the best budget washing machine
- Dynamic Next technology allows you to mix all types of fabrics into one load without the fear of fading or garment damage.
Whether you’re comfortable with touch knobs or LCD displays Hoover has got you covered. The full-touch display allows you to adjust the settings depending on the load and stain levels of your garments.
- 9kg Drum capacity, 1,400pm maximum spin speed
- A+++ energy efficiency rating
- NFC Connectivity
- 48dB noise levels
- Steam function
- Activ Eco Wash
- Wash time is 15 minutes
- The load capacity
- The wash modes
- The exterior is made out of cheap plastic so it rattles.
How to choose the best washing machine (UK)?
If you’re looking for the best washing machine in the UK of 2020 then there are two major criteria when choosing a washing machine: your budget and requirements. Your requirements would vary based on your household and lifestyle.
- For example, if you have a conservative household of two people, then a small drum capacity would suffice. But for large households, you will have to invest in something around 8-10kg or even higher based on the requirements.
- Then again, lifestyle is another important factor. Ask yourself this, how often do you go out? Do you work from home? Are you a student who can’t stand going to the laundrette on a Friday night? This will tell you everything you should know.
- Then based on your requirements you can choose some really great washing machines and some of the best are also very budget-friendly. They have unbelievable functions that can wash your clothes in less than 30 minutes.
Some that control the water, so if you’re environmentally conscious. There’s a ton of stuff for you. You can even control most of the modern washing machines with your smartphone. Some of these smart appliances are the best washing machine UK. Check out our list of Best Washing Machines in the UK 2020 for all the details.
Things you need to know when buying a Washing machine
When there are washing machines that connect to your smartphone for easier access, with some even have different features that allow you to customize each wash load, It’s understandable that it can get a bit overwhelming. Here are some of the things you can go through before you lose next months paycheck.
How much should I spend on a washing machine?
Investing in a washing machine that’s a little expensive can be a very smart move, after all, you wouldn’t want a machine that sounds like an industrial drill now would you?
- But, you need to very careful and realistic so as to not buy something you will never use. Don’t invest in washing machines that have features that you will never use.
Ideally, spend around 300 quid on a washing machine if you live alone or live with very few people. And invest around 800 to 1000 only if you have a large household and you really need those features. But always remeber to go for the best washing machine UK.
What size is appropriate?
If you live alone or no more than 2 people, then a 6-7kg machine would be perfect.
- Yes, you will find it difficult to fit massive bedsheets and duvets but anything more is a bad investment.
Large families should go with a washing machine that’s 10 or above. You’ll definitely need that capacity especially when you have to wash the stains of your child’s football jersey.
What brand is the best?
Of course, brands are important as they have a certain amount of credibility.
- You can never really go wrong with Samsung, AEG, Bosch and LG.
But, there are some relatively small-time players like HOTPOINT, Candy and White Knight that are really good which are more than capable of putting in the years.
What features are important?
There are loads of features that can help make your life easier.
- But, things like spin speed and energy efficiency are super important.
Logically speaking, when you have higher spin speed your clothes are washed much faster but the only problem is it wastes a lot of energy and it can get loud. However, there also machines that have a 14000RPM that are quiet as a mouse. It honestly depends on the brand.
What is the best washing machine to buy in the UK in 2020?
The best washing machine in the UK would have to be the AEG 9000. It not only cleans your clothes but also has features that are useful for the material.
- For example, it dispenses salt into the water to clean your clothes even thoroughly. It is definitely the best washing machine brand.
It’s an amazing product but there also other washing machines from Samsung and Bosch that come a little close.
What brand of washing machine is the most reliable?
If its reliability in terms of durability, Bosch simply takes the cake.
- If it’s in terms of pure function, then Bosch is still pretty good but nothing can beat an AEG, Samsung or LG. AEG is definitely the best washing machine brand.
These brands have a certain level of credibility in terms of quality, so you can’t really go wrong with any of these brands.
How long should a Washing machine last?
A washing machine would be good if it lasts around 11 years. While most machines don’t last that long the Bosch series 6 can easily do 11-12 years.
Most popular brands achieve somewhere around 6 to 8. AEG another German company can also hit around 10 years if maintained well and that’s why it’s one of the Best Washing Machines in the UK 2020.
Is it worth it to repair a washing machine?
Unfortunately no, It’s not worth repairing a washing machine. Those who specialize in washing machine repair will always quote around 300 quid for a repair, and it’s just not worth it.
- You can actually get a good machine for around that price and even if you own a great piece you’ll still end up spending more than half the original price on the repair.
While it might seem like it makes sense to invest in a repair rather than buying a new washing machine you actually end up losing the money as the repair itself is an indicator that the lifespan of the washing machine is near the end. So you’re definitely better of buying a new machine.