Our lives can be so much easier when we have the technology to help keep track of our kids. Smartwatches, in particular, can be very useful but and a little expensive. After all, it isn’t an absolute necessity.
However, it is a convenient tool that can be a lifesaver in some situations. Here are some other convenient tools that can help you out.
For teenagers, smartwatches can be a great way to track their health, stay connected with people and do a variety of stuff right from their wrist. However, for parents, it can be another way to track their location via GPS and even track their health. Here’s our list of the Best Smartwatch for Teenagers UK 2020.
Top Smartwatch for Teenagers 2020,
#1 — Amazfit Bip
This brilliant smartwatch is the perfect companion for your teen’s everyday needs. With a 30+ day of battery life on a single charge, your child can definitely keep connected anywhere with the notifications and keep their health in check with the various features. This is one of the Best Smartwatch for Teenagers UK 2020.
- The Amazfit Bip has a daily step, calorie and distance tracking that motivate you when you need it the most.
- As mentioned earlier, the battery life is absolutely brilliant with over 30+ days on a single charge.
- The display is easily readable in bright sunlight or indoors and shows all of your phone’s app notifications.
- The smartwatch has a colour touch screen that can choose different pre-installed apps.
- The Bip is capable of tracking multiple sports like running, cycling and walking.
- It has a sports tracking mode that provides detailed statistics and GPS maps to track time, speed, heart rate, burned calories and more depending on the selected mode.
- It also tracks your sleep and shows you your sleep patterns.
- Amazing battery life of up to 30 days
- Colour touch display
- Really good UI especially the notifications
- You can track your runs, cycling and more with mapped routes, detailed stats and heart rate zones.
- One of the best kids smartwatch with gps
- 3-axis accelerometer, optical heart rate sensor, barometer and compass.
#2 — Amazfit Stratos 3
Huami’s Amazfit Stratos 3 is a quality device that’s primarily suited for teens who take exercise to the next level. This bulky beast of a phone is loaded with features and is definitely worth its price. While the phone is helping out your child it can also help parents track them through GPS.
- Clock features include time/date, alarm, timer and stopwatch. Completely customizable watch face.
- You can control music, calls and even the camera through the Stratos 3.
- The Stratos 3 will notify you regarding important e-mails and texts so you don’t have to be worried about missing anything.
- The device itself is waterproof
- It has a 4GB onboard storage so you can always take music and important files with you anywhere.
- This beauty also comes with GPS, and your location can be tracked in realtime.
- And finally, this smartwatch comes with 19 Preloaded sport modes that include running (outdoor and indoor), trail run, walk, outdoor/indoor bike, elliptical and climbing.
- 1.34 inch LCD display with touchscreen
- Customize the watch face
- Control calls and music on smartphone
- Water-resistant up to 50 meters
- Compatible with both Android 5.0+ and iOS 10.0+ devices.
- Inbuilt GPS enables you to track your location in real-time.
- Can detect altitude changes.
- Heart rate sensors
- Pre-loaded sports modes
#3 — SCOMAS Luxury Women Smart Watch
This fashionable piece of equipment is suited for women well, in this case, a teenage girl. The SCOMAS Luxury Women Smart Watch is tech bundled together to looked like a diamond-studded bracelet.
- The SCOMAS luxury watch has a resolution of 240p with a decent NRF52832 processor.
- The built-in memory is around 128 Mb. While the modest battery of 180 mAh is enough for minimal usage.
- It’s compatible with Android and IOS.
- Although it’s not most amazing when it comes to the specs it’s alright to get by. especially when situations call for something that’s a little less bulky.
- Heart rate monitor, and fitness tracker
- Alarm clock, reminders
- Sleep monitor
- Push notifications
#4 — LEMFO
LEMFO is a smart tech company that started in 2008 and after years of refining, they launched the LEMFO series of smartwatches. This fitness-oriented smartwatch is more of a smart device than and watch.
- This watch does some crazy things like tracking heart rate, blood oxygen level (yup), ECG and much more.
- It of course also comes with 6 sports modes: sport, walk, yoga, elliptical, mountaineering, and riding. I
- This waterproof watch also tracks sleep patterns.
- Other than the health bit the smartwatch has a fully functional touch screen with a had resolution. You can control the brightness as it’s compatible with Android 4.4 and IOS 8.4 or above.
- LEMFO is primarily suited to look after your child health more than anything and with a battery life of 7 days, it does a good enough job.
- One of the best fitness smartwatch
- Touch screen FHD display
- Compatible with Android 4.4/IOS 8.4 and above
- Tracks heart rate, blood oxygen level, ECG and much more.
- 6 Sports modes
- Tracks sleep patterns
#5 — Fitbit Versa 2
The Fitbit series of smartwatches are amazing especially the Fitbit versa 2. This watch can be the support you need when try to lose weight or even when training for the nationals.
- With the Fitbit versa, you have access to Amazon Alexa. So you can check the weather, set timers, control smart home devices and more with just your voice.
- You have 15+ exercise modes to get real-time stats during your workouts. With these various modes, you can also set goals to elevate yourself. You also have access to the Fitbit app that’s even more structured.
- Based on your heart rate and sleep time the Fitbit versa shows you a sleep score for you to better understand your sleep quality each night.
- With this smartwatch, your child will no issues as it has a Fitbit pay option, so in case he or she loses his wallet he can still get by.
- Music is of course completely available on the device as are all essential apps.
- It very useful not just for male teenagers but for females as it can log and track menstrual cycles, gauge ovulation and discover patterns in the cycle.
- Built-in Amazon Alexa
- Exercise modes that are goal-oriented.
- Sleep Score
- Fitbit App
- 6+ days of battery life
- Female health tracking
- Guided breathing sessions
#6 — AK12 Smart Wristband
The AK12 is a sleek and elegant smartwatch for teenage girls. This beautiful watch has all the features of a smartwatch including some tailored only for women.
- The smartwatch has a display of 1.14 inches with a 240p resolution.
- Its has fitness tracking feature with a heart rate monitor and an alarm clock function
- This smartwatch has an extended battery life and It is IP68 water-resistant
- It’s compatible with iOS 9.0 / Android 4.4 and amazingly the AK12 supports more than 12 languages as well as applications such as Facebook, Twitter, SMS etc.
- The most unique feature of the AK12 is its ability to track and monitor women’s physiological (Menstruation) cycles.
- Heart monitor and fitness tracker
- IP68 water-resistant
- Supports multiple languages
- Can track menstrual cycles and provide health-related support for women
#7 — TicWatch E
One of the Best Smartwatch for Teenagers UK 2020, The Mobvoi Ticwatch E is an unbelievable device. This watch that comes with Google’s Wear OS is amazingly durable.
- It’s not just durable, it has US military-grade durability (MIL-STD-810G certification) and with its Powerful built-in navigation system, you can stay connected in remote areas and high altitudes. So this is definitely a one of kind when it comes to smartwatches. so your child needs must match this product appropriately as this smartwatch can withstand extreme temperatures and conditions.
- It has a waterproof rating of 5 ATM, so your child can swim up to a 50-meter depth.
- This watch has many proactive sports modes which are powered by Ticmotion a proprietary AI from Mobvoi.
- This AI can track and analyse your swim patterns and any strenuous activity.
- Since it’s powered by Google’s Wear OS, you can access to all Google apps and google assistant.
- And you have hundreds of watch faces. So all in all a great device.
- Google Wear OS
- US military-grade durability
- 5ATM waterproof
- Global Navigation system
- Sports modes
- Tracker with analysis
- Google assistant
- Hundreds of watch faces
#8 — Microwear H1
This Smartwatch is more suited towards an older male teenager. If your son is an outdoor sports and lifestyle kind of person. someone who’d go camping or travelling all the time, then this watch is your best friend.
- The Microwear H1 is a strong and durable device with the best tech in any sports-oriented smartwatch.
- Its has access to maps, GPS so neither your son nor you need to be worried about getting lost. It has a slot for a sim card just to be safe.
- Microwear H1 is waterproof and can work in tough conditions.
- The display is really good with the resolution being 400×400 px. This watch comes with a camera of all things, so if your child needs to act like James bond, then go for it.
- It has a 4-core MTK6572 processor and works on Android 4.4.
- It supports both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi and there are 43 pre-built modes, but you can also create new ones.
- Sedentary Reminder
- Sleep Monitoring
- Heart Rate Monitor
- GPS Navigation
- Compass and Thermometer
- IP68 waterproof
- Multi-Mode function
What is the best smartwatch for a teenager?
The best smartwatch for a teenager should primarily do three things: support your fitness and health needs, eliminate mundane tasks and be able to communicate with your family and friends in case of an emergency.
So, the best Smartwatch would be either the Amazfit Bip or the Fitbit Versa 2.
Which smartwatch is the most accurate?
The TicWatch E would be one of the most accurate smartwatches owing to its unbelievable US military grade certified features.
According to Mobvoi the parent company of the TicWatch it has a global navigation system.
So, for a good 150 quid you can survive even if you were lost in the wilderness?