Our lives can be so much easier when we have the technology to help keep track of our kids. Smartwatches, in particular, can be very useful but and a little expensive. After all, it isn’t an absolute necessity. Check out our list of the Best Smartwatch for Teenagers UK 2021 for all the details.
However, it is a convenient tool that can be a lifesaver in some situations. For teenagers, smartwatches can be a great way to track their health, stay connected with people and do a variety of stuff right from their wrist.
However, for parents, it can be another way to track their location via GPS and even track their health. Here’s our list of the Best Smartwatch for Teenagers UK 2021.
- Best Smartwatch for Teenagers UK
- #1 — MorePro Fitness Tracker Watch
- #2 — Amazfit Bip
- #3 — pebble Time
- #4 — Garmin Venu SQ
- #5 — Amazfit Stratos 3
- #6 — SCOMAS Luxury Women Smart Watch
- #7 — LEMFO
- #8 — Fitbit Versa 2
- #9 — AK12 Smart Wristband
- #10 — TicWatch E
- #11 — Microwear H1
- #12 — Garmin Vivofit Jr. 2
- #13 — Willful Smart Watch
- #14 — Garmin VivoFit Jr 3
- #15 — Blackview 1.3″ Smartwatch
Best Smartwatch for Teenagers UK
|Top 15 Best Smartwatches for Teenagers||Features||Best For|
|MorePro Fitness Tracker Watch||9-axis sensor|
17 sports modes
Heart-rate monitor and alarm
|Overall Best Smartwatch for Teenagers|
|Amazfit Bip||Amazing battery life of up to 30 days|
Colour touch display
|Best Battery Backup Smartwatch for Teenagers|
|Pebble Time||Access to over 8000 apps|
Colour E-paper display
7 day battery life
Water-resistant to 30 meters.
|Best Minimalistic Smartwatch for Teenagers|
|Garmin Venu SQ||Dedicated Fitness apps|
|Best Premium Smartwatch for Teenagers|
|Amazfit Stratos 3||Control calls and music on smartphone|
Water-resistant up to 50 meters
Compatible with both Android 5.0+ and iOS 10.0+ devices
Inbuilt GPS enables you to track your location in real-time.
|Best Smartwatch for Exercises|
|SCOMAS Luxury Women Smart Watch||Heart rate monitor, and fitness tracker|
Alarm clock, reminders
|Best Smartwatch for Teenage Girls|
|LEMFO||Tracks heart rate, blood oxygen level, ECG and much more.|
6 Sports modes
Tracks sleep patterns
|Best Fitness Tracking Smartwatch for Teenagers|
|Fitbit Versa 2||Sleep Score|
6+ days of battery life
Female health tracking
|Best Voice Controlled Smartwatch for Teenagers|
|AK12 Smart Wristband||Heart monitor and fitness tracker|
Supports multiple languages
|Best Sleek Smartwatch for Teenagers|
|TicWatch E||5ATM waterproof|
Global Navigation system
Tracker with analysis
|Most Durable Smartwatch for Teenagers|
|Microwear H1||Sleep Monitoring|
Heart Rate Monitor
|Best Sports Oriented Smartwatch for Teenagers|
|Garmin Vivofit Jr 2||Parental control|
Cool Spiderman design
A battery life of 1 year
|Best Themed Smartwatch for Teenagers|
|Willful Smart Watch||Sturdy and durable body|
1.3-inch TFT-LCD clear display with 2.5 D glass
Can last 7 days on a single charge
|Best Active Smartwatch for Teenagers|
|Garmin Vivofit Jr 3||Companion app|
|Best Smartwatch for Pre-Teens|
|Blackview 1.3” Smartwatch||Fitness Trackers|
45 days battery backup
|Best Affordable Smartwatch for Teenagers|
#1 — MorePro Fitness Tracker Watch
The MorePro Fitness Tracker Watch is one of the best Smartwatches for Teenagers. Not only does it have amazing features that usually found in really high end smartwatches but it also happens to be extremely affordable, making it perfect for those under 19.
- When we come to the design, all I can say is that it’s fairly decent. Although it has some similarities to the Apple watch, it doesn’t come close in terms of the aesthetics. However, it is a subjective comparison. It still looks pretty good on the wrist.
- But then again, this smartwatch isn’t known for its design. The MorePro P1C is known for it’s amazing performance and fitness features. It has 17 sports modes: Running, Walking, Mountain Climbing, Basketball，Badminton, Cycling, Table tennis，Football，Skipping, Volleyball，Sit-ups, Yoga，Dance，Gymnastics, Swimming，Skating，Baseball.
- It also has a GPS feature that allows you to navigate. You can not only use it for maps but also sync it to certain sports modes. This will help you keep a track of important fitness metrics.
- This smart watch also happens to be IP68 waterproof. So, you can shower with it, go swimming with it. However, you won’t be able to go fiving with it.
The MorePro Fitness Tracker Watch is known for it’s 9-axis sensor which is known to be one of the most powerful sensors in a smartwatch. It can accurately track your fitness and health.
- 9-axis sensor
- IP68 Waterproof
- 17 sports modes
- Terrific pwerformance
- Heart-rate monitor and alarm
- Sleep tracker
#2 — Amazfit Bip
This brilliant smartwatch is the perfect companion for your teen’s everyday needs. With a 30+ day of battery life on a single charge, your child can definitely keep connected anywhere with the notifications and keep their health in check with the various features. This is one of the Best Smartwatch for Teenagers UK 2021.
- The Amazfit Bip has a daily step, calorie and distance tracking that motivate you when you need it the most.
- As mentioned earlier, the battery life is absolutely brilliant with over 30+ days on a single charge.
- The display is easily readable in bright sunlight or indoors and shows all of your phone’s app notifications.
- The smartwatch has a colour touch screen that can choose different pre-installed apps.
- The Bip is capable of tracking multiple sports like running, cycling and walking.
It has a sports tracking mode that provides detailed statistics and GPS maps to track time, speed, heart rate, burned calories and more depending on the selected mode. It also tracks your sleep and shows you your sleep patterns.
- Amazing battery life of up to 30 days
- Colour touch display
- Really good UI especially the notifications
- You can track your runs, cycling and more with mapped routes, detailed stats and heart rate zones.
- One of the best kids smartwatch with GPS
- 3-axis accelerometer, optical heart rate sensor, barometer and compass.
#3 — pebble Time
When it comes to user experience and overall performance, the pebble Time is hands down one of the best. It happens to be perfect for teenagers as this affordable smartwatch is equipped with colour e-paper which is reminiscent of the Amazon Kindle. It’s easy on the eyes and the interactive interface is perfect for teenagers as it helps them sort out their priorities and lives without getting distracted.
- Although it has a simple design with a color E-paper display, it is actually quite brilliant. It comes with an ergonomic design that makes it easy for the user to wear it dor long durations. Additionally, it also happens to be durable and thing at the same time. So, you don’t need to worry as it can take on the wear and tear of life.
- It can last for 7 days on a single charge. It also works well with both Android and iOS phones. Most importantly, this smartwatch is water-resistant to 30 meters.
- This beauty has a Pebble Health feature that keeps a track of your steps, heart rate and overall health. It also provides weekly insights.
It has a brilliant timeline that can help you keep a track of your tasks and it also has an in-built microphone that helps you take voice notes. You can even quickly reply to messages and calls.
- In-built microphone that helps you take voice notes
- Health features
- Access to over 8000 apps
- Colour E-paper display
- 7 day battery life
- Water-resistant to 30 meters.
#4 — Garmin Venu SQ
The Garmin Venu SQ is a GPS enabled smartwatch that has been designed with the right amount of features to target teenagers around the world. This smartwatch comes equipped with all-day health monitoring, built-in sports apps and even tracks your fitness levels.
- It’s a precise smartwatch that keeps track of almost everything. The watch comes with a silicone strap that’s comfortable to wear for long duration of time and is compatible with both Android and iOS, so you can connect it with any device.
- There are 20 pre-loaded apps on the watch and along with the built-in sensors, you can expect to receive accurate notifications about your health and wellness. The main display screen highlights your notifications and there’s even support for Garmin Pay where you can store digital card information and pay using your smartwatch.
The Venu SQ is an impressive smartwatch that is equipped with an impressive battery and can last for around 5-7 days depending on the usage. It’s waterproof and even has a built-in app that helps women keep track of their menstrual cycles.
- Companion app
- Dedicated Fitness apps
- GPS enabled
- Digital payment
- Rechargeable 5 day battery
#5 — Amazfit Stratos 3
Huami’s Amazfit Stratos 3 is a quality device that’s primarily suited for teens who take exercise to the next level. This bulky beast of a phone is loaded with features and is definitely worth its price. While the phone is helping out your child it can also help parents track them through GPS.
- Clock features include time/date, alarm, timer and stopwatch. Completely customizable watch face.
- You can control music, calls and even the camera through the Stratos 3.
- The Stratos 3 will notify you regarding important e-mails and texts so you don’t have to be worried about missing anything.
- The device itself is waterproof
- It has a 4GB onboard storage so you can always take music and important files with you anywhere.
- This beauty also comes with GPS, and your location can be tracked in realtime.
And finally, this smartwatch comes with 19 Preloaded sport modes that include running (outdoor and indoor), trail run, walk, outdoor/indoor bike, elliptical and climbing.
- 1.34 inch LCD display with touchscreen
- Customize the watch face
- Control calls and music on smartphone
- Water-resistant up to 50 meters
- Compatible with both Android 5.0+ and iOS 10.0+ devices.
- Inbuilt GPS enables you to track your location in real-time.
- Can detect altitude changes.
- Heart rate sensors
- Pre-loaded sports modes
#6 — SCOMAS Luxury Women Smart Watch
This fashionable piece of equipment is suited for women well, in this case, a teenage girl. The SCOMAS Luxury Women Smart Watch is tech bundled together to looked like a diamond-studded bracelet.
- The SCOMAS luxury watch has a resolution of 240p with a decent NRF52832 processor.
- The built-in memory is around 128 Mb. While the modest battery of 180 mAh is enough for minimal usage.
- It’s compatible with Android and IOS.
Although it’s not most amazing when it comes to the specs it’s alright to get by. especially when situations call for something that’s a little less bulky.
- Heart rate monitor, and fitness tracker
- Alarm clock, reminders
- Sleep monitor
- Push notifications
#7 — LEMFO
LEMFO is a smart tech company that started in 2008 and after years of refining, they launched the LEMFO series of smartwatches. This fitness-oriented smartwatch is more of a smart device than and watch.
- This watch does some crazy things like tracking heart rate, blood oxygen level (yup), ECG and much more.
- It of course also comes with 6 sports modes: sport, walk, yoga, elliptical, mountaineering, and riding.
- This waterproof watch also tracks sleep patterns.
- Other than the health bit the smartwatch has a fully functional touch screen with a had resolution. You can control the brightness as it’s compatible with Android 4.4 and IOS 8.4 or above.
LEMFO is primarily suited to look after your childs health more than anything and with a battery life of 7 days, it does a good enough job.
- One of the best fitness smartwatch
- Touch screen FHD display
- Compatible with Android 4.4/IOS 8.4 and above
- Tracks heart rate, blood oxygen level, ECG and much more.
- 6 Sports modes
- Tracks sleep patterns
#8 — Fitbit Versa 2
The Fitbit series of smartwatches are amazing especially the Fitbit versa 2. This watch can be the support you need when trying to lose weight or even when training for the nationals.
- With the Fitbit versa, you have access to Amazon Alexa. So you can check the weather, set timers, control smart home devices and more with just your voice.
- You have 15+ exercise modes to get real-time stats during your workouts. With these various modes, you can also set goals to elevate yourself. You also have access to the Fitbit app that’s even more structured.
- Based on your heart rate and sleep time the Fitbit versa shows you a sleep score for you to better understand your sleep quality each night.
- With this smartwatch, your child will no issues as it has a Fitbit pay option, so in case he or she loses his wallet he can still get by.
- Music is of course completely available on the device as are all essential apps.
It very useful for not only male teenagers but also for females as it can log and track menstrual cycles, gauge ovulation and discover patterns in the cycle.
- Built-in Amazon Alexa
- Exercise modes that are goal-oriented.
- Sleep Score
- Fitbit App
- 6+ days of battery life
- Female health tracking
- Guided breathing sessions
#9 — AK12 Smart Wristband
The AK12 is a sleek and elegant smartwatch for teenage girls. This beautiful watch has all the features of a smartwatch including some tailored only for women.
- The smartwatch has a display of 1.14 inches with a 240p resolution.
- Its has fitness tracking feature with a heart rate monitor and an alarm clock function
- This smartwatch has an extended battery life and It is IP68 water-resistant
- It’s compatible with iOS 9.0 / Android 4.4 and amazingly the AK12 supports more than 12 languages as well as applications such as Facebook, Twitter, SMS etc.
The most unique feature of the AK12 is its ability to track and monitor women’s physiological (Menstruation) cycles.
- Heart monitor and fitness tracker
- IP68 water-resistant
- Supports multiple languages
- Can track menstrual cycles and provide health-related support for women
#10 — TicWatch E
One of the Best Smartwatch for Teenagers UK 2021, The Mobvoi Ticwatch E is an unbelievable device. This watch that comes with Google’s Wear OS is amazingly durable.
It’s not just durable, it has US military-grade durability (MIL-STD-810G certification) and with its Powerful built-in navigation system, you can stay connected in remote areas and high altitudes. So this is a one of kind when it comes to smartwatches. so your child needs must match this product appropriately as this smartwatch can withstand extreme temperatures and conditions.
- It has a waterproof rating of 5 ATM, so your child can swim up to a 50-meter depth.
- This watch has many proactive sports modes which are powered by Ticmotion a proprietary AI from Mobvoi.
- This AI can track and analyse your swim patterns and any strenuous activity.
Since it’s powered by Google’s Wear OS, you can access to all Google apps and google assistant. And you have hundreds of watch faces. So all in all a great device.
- Google Wear OS
- US military-grade durability
- 5ATM waterproof
- Global Navigation system
- Sports modes
- Tracker with analysis
- Google assistant
- Hundreds of watch faces
#11 — Microwear H1
This Smartwatch is more suited towards an older male teenager. If your son is an outdoor sports and lifestyle kind of person. someone who’d go camping or traveling all the time, then this watch is your best friend.
- The Microwear H1 is a strong and durable device with the best tech in any sports-oriented smartwatch.
- Its has access to maps, GPS so neither your son nor you need to be worried about getting lost. It has a slot for a sim card just to be safe.
- Microwear H1 is waterproof and can work in tough conditions.
- The display is really good with the resolution being 400×400 px. This watch comes with a camera of all things, so if your child needs to act like James bond, then go for it.
- It has a 4-core MTK6572 processor and works on Android 4.4.
It supports both Bluetooth and Wi-Fi and there are 43 pre-built modes, but you can also create new ones.
- Sedentary Reminder
- Sleep Monitoring
- Heart Rate Monitor
- GPS Navigation
- Compass and Thermometer
- IP68 waterproof
- Multi-Mode function
#12 — Garmin Vivofit Jr. 2
The Garmin Vivofit Jr. 2 is the perfect Smartwatch for pre-teens and teens. This spiderman themed smartwatch is not only beautiful but it also comes with features for both the kids and parents. This fitness band offers a comprehensive fitness plan for kids.
- The Band itself, of course, looks pretty good. It has a spiderman theme and is perfect for kids above 6 years. It also has an interactive colour screen which shows data like step count. This screen is also customisable and the Watch itself is waterproof.
- It has a battery life of approximately 1 year. Unlike other smartwatches on this list, it has a replaceable battery that needs to be switched every 1.2 years. You can easily get this done at any watch store. Although that one moment might be annoying you don’t have to charge it every day for a year.
This amazing smart band comes with a brilliant companion app that parents can use to keep track of their kids activity. This app also offers kids an interactive fitness game to help them with their daily health goals.
- Amazing companion app
- Fitness games
- Parental control
- Cool Spiderman design
- A battery life of 1 year
#13 — Willful Smart Watch
Showcasing a smooth tough screen experience and an extremely tough and durable body this Willful Smart Watch is one of the most popular smartwatches for teenager. The tough and durable nature is extremely useful for kids who play are active.
- This smart watch is absolutely beautiful and looks similar to the Apple watch. It has a 1.3-inch TFT-LCD clear display and a strong 2.5 D glass to protect it. Even the rest of the body is made from a sturdy metal alloy which also happens to be lightweight.
- The Willful Smart Watch records daily health data such as step count, calorie consumption, and even sleep patterns among other things. It also has 9 exercise modes to help you burn those calories and stay fit.
- It can last for 7 days on a single charge pf 2.5 hours and can stay on standby mode for 35 days.
This brilliant watch automatically records your heart rate using advanced and accurate sensors. This combined with their self-developed algorithm helps you control your health and optimise your fitness goals.
- Sturdy and durable body
- 1.3-inch TFT-LCD clear display with 2.5 D glass
- Can last 7 days on a single charge
- Automatically records heart rate data
- 9 Exercise modes
#14 — Garmin VivoFit Jr 3
Slightly bigger than the Vivofit Jr 2, the latest addition to this collection comes with a larger display but still lacks the GPS and camera functionality which we can somewhat manage with today.
- The Vivofit Jr 3 features a Marvel or Disney theme across the display and strap meaning they can be worn by both boys and girls. The setup process is fairly simple, all you need to do is download and install the Garmin jr app onto your smartphone and pair the watch.
- Using the Garmin jr app, you’re able to set challenges that must be attained on a daily basis and based on that you will be able to earn reward points and play games over the app. It’s designed to be waterproof with a 5ATM resistance rating and comes with a built-in battery that can not be recharged and needs to be changed once a year.
It’s a watch that’s designed to appeal to pre-teens and teens with different characters from the Marvel and Disney universe to choose from.
- Companion app
- Fitness games
- Parental control
- Cool Marvel/Disney Princess designs
- A battery life of 1 year
#15 — Blackview 1.3″ Smartwatch
The Blackview smartwatch is one of the most affordable watches you can buy for your teen. It’s a waterproof watch that comes equipped with an impressive heart rate sleep monitor and activity tracker to keep your child notified about their health and wellness.
- This smartwatch is compatible with both Android and iOS and is pretty easy to pair and set up. It’s equipped with a large touchscreen display with a fast touch response and is equipped with numerous sensors that let you track your calories, steps, sleep, heart rate and more.
- The Blackview is a waterproof smartwatch with an IP68 resistance rating so it’s safe to wear while swimming. Also, once you pair this watch with your smartphone, you are able to access and control your music playback from the watch face itself.
The Blackview smartwatch is an impressive device with an equally jaw-dropping battery backup. It boasts a battery life of 45 days and comes equipped with fast charging capabilities.
- Companion app
- Fitness Trackers
- 45 days battery backup
- Waterproof IP68
- Fast charging
- A battery life of 1 year
How to choose the best Smartwatch for Teenagers
Investing in expensive smartwatches is not easy. Especially, if your planning on getting some for your kids. You need to choose the right one. Not only should it not distract the child but it should also be beneficial to them. A good smartwatch is dependent on certain factors. For example:
- Since your planning on getting smartwatches for kids, then durability is one of the most important factors. Kids are extremely active and clumsy. Additionally, they are prone to bumping against things and wrecking pretty much everything.
- So, it is extremely important that you get them a smartwatch that can withstand impact. It would help if you could read up a bit before buying and look for anything that says scratch resistant
- Comfort is also another important factor as the child will wear the smartwatch for long durations. So, it’s important to get good smartwatches that are not only comfortable but those that are resistant to sweat. Of course, it is also important to get straps that are adjustable as it’s should not prevent blood flow to the child.
- Other than this bit, you should also consider buying smartwatches that comes with a good display that is readable. If your teenager has to squint all the time just to read the time, then you better prepare yourself to get some glasses in the near future.
What is the best smartwatch for a teenager?
The best smartwatch for a teenager should primarily do three things: support your fitness and health needs, eliminate mundane tasks and be able to communicate with your family and friends in case of an emergency.
So, the best Smartwatch would be either the Amazfit Bip or the Fitbit Versa 2.
Which smartwatch is the most accurate?
The TicWatch E would be one of the most accurate smartwatches owing to its unbelievable US military-grade certified features.
According to Mobvoi the parent company of the TicWatch it has a global navigation system.
So, for a good 150 quid, you can survive even if you were lost in the wilderness?
- You will never have to worry about tangled earphones again with these products
- These amazing over-ear headphones can cancel any external noise
- The greatest washing machines of all time
Joanna is a writer, poet, stand-up comedian and holds two master’s in arts and history. She founded Discount-age with the intention of providing her readers with solutions to everyday household problems. During her free time, Joanna loves cooking but usually ends up ordering in.