We live and die with music. But, while we do appreciate the music, the loud and noisy sounds can actually do more than piss us off. So if you, god forbid, don’t want to take a hammer to the head; Using Noise-cancelling headphones actually might be the solution to this problem. If you’re looking for the best noise-cancelling headphones in the UK then you are in the right place.
With modern technology working its magic, noise-cancelling headphones can literally block 99% noise these days. So, if you’re a traveller in the middle of a painfully loud airport or a music aficionado that purely wants the best quality of music then refer to our list for the best of the best noise-cancelling headphones in the UK.
- Best noise cancelling headphones in the UK
- #1 — Sony WH-1000XM2
- #2 — Beats by Dr Dre Solo3
- #3 — Plantronics BackBeat PRO 2
- #4 — Mixcder E9
- #5 — Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H8i
- #6 — AKG N60NC Wireless
- #7 — Jabra Elite 85H
- #8 — Philips Fidelio NC1
- #9 — TaoTronics ANC Headphones
- #10 — Bowers and Wilkins PX Wireless
Best noise cancelling headphones in the UK
|Best Noise Cancelling Headphones UK||Brand||Price|
|Best noise cancelling headphones under 200||Beats by Dr Dre Solo3||£158.76|
|Best noise cancelling headphones under 100||Mixcder E9||£72.99|
|Best noise cancelling headphones under 50||TaoTronics ANC Headphones||£59.00|
#1 — Sony WH-1000XM2
It comes to no surprise that Sony has made it to our list of Best Noise Cancelling Headphones in the UK. For decades Sony has been pioneering technological advancement for audio and video. Based in Tokyo, SONY has amassed a reputation for giving you quality sound with the new SONY WH-1000XM2.
- To the naked eye, the SONY WH-1000XM2 may seem like an ordinary wireless headset, but don’t let that fool you. This is one of the best smart headphones in the market offering you dozens of optimizers such as Noise Cancelling Optimizer that lets you listen to your music of choice with no distractions.
- Smart Listening adapts to your activity whether you are waiting, walking, or travelling while detecting the atmospheric pressure to give you crisp high-definition sound wherever you are.
- Download and connect to the app to control ambient sound and hear essential sounds you want to focus on. Plus Digital Sound Enhancements bring back the high-resolution audio files to life. To top things off you can easily communicate with your Alexa using the SONY WH-1000MX2. Honestly, this is one of the Best noise cancelling headphones in the UK 2021.
- Virtual Surround Sound
- Noise Cancelling Optimizer
- Bluetooth Connectivity and NFC ready
- 30 hours of playback
- Hands-free calling
- 1.57-inch dome-type headset
- 4Hz-40,000Hz frequency response
#2 — Beats by Dr Dre Solo3
Since its debut in 2006, Beats by Dre. Dre has been making rounds in the music industry. Not only does it give you award-winning sound quality, but it is also one of the best status symbols when it comes to wireless headsets.
- The Beats by Dr Dre Solo3 has a long battery life of 40 hours with fast fuel technology. You can easily connect to your device with a Class 1 Bluetooth connectivity giving you high-definition sound. Its cushion care ear cups are designed to give you the comfort of use every day.
- Not only does it give you hassle-free calls and music control, but you can easily communicate with Siri or Alexa using the Beats by Dr Dre Solo3
- Comes in 9 colour clubs
- Class 1 Bluetooth connection
- 40 hours of playback time
- 5 minutes of charging = 3 hours of playback
#3 — Plantronics BackBeat PRO 2
Plantronics gives you the best of both worlds with their on-demand noise-cancelling actives. It personalizes your music at the touch of a button. Plantronics BackBeat PRO 2 is the most comfortable headphones on the market.
- Plantronics defines comfort as your ability to immerse yourself in music while having the full wireless experience.
- Easily silence your surroundings at the touch of a button will roaming or talking up to 100 meters away from your device with a Class1 Bluetooth connectivity.
- In a single charge, your Plantronics BackBeat Pro lasts for up to 24 hours.
- On-demand noise cancelling
- 40mm Plantronics signature audio drivers
- Class 1 Bluetooth connectivity
- 24 hours of playback
- Smart sensors
- 2-way pivoting earcups
- 3.5mm jack
#4 — Mixcder E9
Originating from the US, Mixcder is a new player that is taking the headphone business by storm. These noise cancelling headphones are integrated with the latest tech. They deliver a reliable and fashionable acoustic product.
- Noise cancelling headphones can sometimes be an expensive purchase . Especially since most good headphones are over 200£.
- But, you’d be surprised to find that the Mixcder E9 is unbelievably easy on the wallet considering its amazing quality.
- These headphones are extremely lightweight, comfortable and produce really good sound.
- Battery life: 30 hours in wireless mode and up to 3 days if you connect it to your device through the cable
- Better Active Noise Cancellation(ANC) technology than most of the other headphones on this list
- Superior sound quality
- Design (Compact and foldable)
- Free Airplane Adapter
#5 — Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H8i
Bang & Olufsen Beoplay H8i is both luxurious on your eyes and has superior sound quality. Relax with these headphones for up to 30 hours of playback.
- Featuring BO’s signature sound delivering system that has a warm and authentic audio performance that pampers you with precision and detail.
- Advanced Active Noise Cancellation technology allows you to fully immerse yourself in bot music and silence.
- 3 colours to choose from
- 30 hours playback
- Transparency Mode
- The high definition of call quality
- 100 feet range
#6 — AKG N60NC Wireless
Active noise cancelling is specifically designed to give you superior music quality while you travel. Crafted with memory foam and leather for maximum comfort. The AKG N60NC is compact and ergonomic with superior music quality.
- With long-lasting battery life, you can get 15 hours of playback when fully charged if Active Noise Cancelling and Bluetooth are turned on.
- The maximum playback is 30 hours when only the ANC Bluetooth is turned on. Enjoy ANC technology that has been honed through the decades with the AKG N60NC.
- 2402-2480MHz frequency
- Active Noise Cancelling
- 1.2-meter cable length
- Lossless wireless audio
- 111dB sensitivity
- Bluetooth 4.0
#7 — Jabra Elite 85H
Jabra was founded in 1983, despite being a bit young in the audio and video industry Jabra has earned a reputation for quality. The Jabra Elite 85H is a testament to their superior technology and decades of experience.
- Wireless over-ear Bluetooth capable headphones with Smart Sound and Active Noise Cancelling. Its Smart Sound technology adapts to your surroundings to give you the uninterrupted sound quality.
- The Jabra Elite 85H runs for up to 36 hours when fully charged. To top things off you can easily connect to your voice-controlled apps such as Alexa with ease.
- 36 hours of playback
- 5 hours of playback when charged for 15 minutes
- 3 colours to choose from
- Smart Active Noise Cancellation
- One-touch access
- 8 microphones
#8 — Philips Fidelio NC1
Philips Fidelio NC1 is the perfect noise cancelling headphone for executives. Not only does it look professional, but it doesn’t come with a hefty price.
- Philips offers you high resolution audio with a hybrid superior noise cancellation feature with 4 microphones in.
- No need to worry about any background noises with zero hiss enjoyment.
- Deluxe foam cushions
- 40 mm neodymium drivers
- 1.2m cable length
- 3.5mm stereo connector
#9 — TaoTronics ANC Headphones
TaoTronics is a new brand that has already established the quality of its products in 7 countries. With over 10 million sales to date, their technology is extremely reliable.
- Audiophiles can rejoice as the Headphones from Taotronics are comfortable as it comes with a 90 degree swivelling ear cups and headband that conforms to your head.
- Ambient noise is filtered out with their CVC 6.0 noise cancelling technology and enhances the quality of your music.
- Battery life will never come in your way as it can last up to a week after charging it for a maximum of an hour. The most important thing is that these headphones are only under 50 £.
- Budget Friendly
- ANC technology
- Battery life
- Sound quality
#10 — Bowers and Wilkins PX Wireless
PX is a culmination of Bowers and Wilkins experience. They give you an adaptive noise cancellation with perfect sound wherever you may be.
- It is the best adaptive technology that is customisable for your preferences. The PX Wireless has 22 hours of playback when fully charged.
- 2 colours to choose from
Best Noise Cancelling Headphones 2021
Whether you’re listening to podcasts, audiobooks, or music tracks you are sure to delve into the world of sound with noise-cancelling headphones. Active noise-cancelling headphones work by electronically removing sounds from your surroundings. This is done by utilizing internal microphones that listen to what’s happening around you and throwing it back to the outside world.
Noise-cancelling headphones come from a variety of price points and the question you might have is, is it worth it? Honestly, it is. If you love to listen to audio files and just want to engross in music noise-cancellation headphones are perfect for you. Similarly, it also does do the job of cancelling out noise when in noisy environments like airplanes.
The best noise-cancelling headphones in the UK has great audio quality with long-lasting battery lives. Most of the headphones on our list are worth their price and they also embrace the best acoustic and artistic designs of the leading brands out there.
You can check our Budget Headphones from Aliexpress.
Noise Cancelling Headphones VS Earbuds
|Noise Cancellation Quality||Headphones equipped with ANC can block ambient noise frequencies and can cancel noise to a far higher degree than earbuds.||Since the earbuds lack the padding to block the high sound frequencies, the noise cancellation quality is poor compared to the headphones.|
|Portability and Flexibility||When it comes to flexibility and portability, the Headphones might not be your friend. Headphones are definitely more bulky and not as flexible as earbuds.||Earbuds are far more portable than headphones as it’s compact enough to fit your ear canal. In terms of flexibility only need to be worried about the occasional tangle.|
|Comfort||It can get uncomfortable when wearing the padded headphones for a long duration, especially during the summers.||Yes, you can wear earbuds and sleep on the sides when traveling on that trans-continental flight. Earbuds take the cake in terms of comfort.|
|Power Usage||Although ANC is a brilliant technology, it burns through your battery life. The best of the best ANC “Wireless” headphones can last up to 45 hours.||The Battery life of a pair wireless earbuds can go up to a solid 6 hours based on the brand and the quality of the noise cancellation technology.|
|Price||Really good, and i mean really good noise cancellation headphones can burn through your wallet in a snap. But it is worth the investment as these products deliver the “peace” you need.||Earbuds are relatively cheaper but the highest end of earbuds are pretty much the same as some of the premium headphones out there.|
|Sound Quality||As ANC Headphones can block at least 99% of ambient noise, it can elevate the sound quality to unbelievable levels. Sometimes matching studio quality.||Earbuds can not come close to headphones on this one as even the best earbuds have to be cranked up to the highest volume to achieve the best quality.|
|Hearing Loss||Everything should be done in moderation ladies and gentlemen. While noise cancelling headphones can not prevent hearing loss if you listen to it 24/7. It is still much better than earbuds.||Since, earbuds go into the ear canal, you are susceptible to hearing loss. Especially if you blast music in full force.|
How to choose the best noise cancelling headphones?
- The Sound Quality of Noise cancelling headphones is one of the most important factors to consider when investing in these audio devices. Not only because these are headphones but because you will need to hear stellar audio when you’re using the noise cancellation feature.
- You obviously will need to hear the environmental noise at some point. For example, the ticket guy’s voice on a train or the Chef’s voice when your in line at your favourite Taco truck. So, you will need to switch from Active noise cancellation to the regular mode easily. So ideally, you should invest in headphones that can let you turn off the noise cancellation feature.
Form Factor and Fit
- Unlike earbuds, noise-cancelling headphones sit over your ears. This obvious statement has a lot of in-depth meaning. Let’s take Air pods, for example. While these beautiful earbuds sit in your ear, Apple also provides you with extra ear tips in case your ear canal is big or extremely small. However, the only “adjustability” as such with noise-cancelling headphones is the headband with can be adjusted to head size. Which, unfortunately, doesn’t help in all situations.
- For example, bulky headphones would be a horrible investment if you’re using it during your daily commute as it can get in the way or be brush up against. So base your purchase on form factor taking into consideration your head size and where you’re primarily going to be using it.
- Battery life is an extremely important factor especially when you invest in wireless headphones. The noise cancellation feature of these headphones will constantly sap a lot of juice so it’ll actually drain a lot faster than your regular headphones. So, you should ideally invest in any noise-cancelling headphones that assure your a minimum of 25-30 hours.
- Obviously the higher the price point the higher the battery life but you will get a decent affordable noise-cancelling headphones with a battery life of 25 hours. If your planning on using it constantly it’ll might give you a decent life of 12-15 hours on a single charge.
- There are models out there that will let you listen to music with the noise-cancellation feature off. If you’re in a quiet place this will give you some serious extra juice.
Is it worth buying noise canceling headphones?
Yes, to answer your question, noise cancelling headphones are worth it if you want to reduce ambient noise. Simply put, good headphones have exceptional sound quality and can block almost 99% of the noise. The padded ear cup is built to block high sound frequencies.
They also have a decent battery life as they can last up to 45 hours on one hour of charge.
Is Sennheiser better than Bose?
When comparing noise cancelling headphones, Bose is far better than Sennheiser. it an airport setting, Bose’s Active Noise Cancelling (ANC) can block out almost all the noise, even the horrendous sound of the airplane engine. However, with Sennheiser not only do you hear a muffled noise in a loud setting. you can also hear you self breathe.
What is better active or passive noise cancellation?
Active Noise Cancellation is better than Passive Noise cancellation. Passive Noise Cancellation commonly uses the materials on the headphone itself to cancel noise. For example, The ear muff’s in the ear cup.
Active noise cancellation, however, employs a technology that sends out sound waves that mirror the ambient noise. This cancels out most of the sound. And most ANC headphones also have PNC materials.
The best of the Best noise-cancelling headphones in the UK 2021 will have both.
- The Amazon UK Products Will Blow Your Mind
- These Are The Best Selling Products on Amazon UK
- The Top Fiction And Non-fiction Books of 2021
Mixcder's E9 Wireless active noise cancelling headphones are designed to block out the ambient noise while you get lost in the high quality music. The E9 is a comfortable product that is extremely lightweight and very budget friendly.
Product SKU: MN10001
Product Brand: Mixcder
Product Currency: GPB
Product Price: 72.99
Product In-Stock: https://schema.org/InStock