Smartwatches have become a part of our daily wearables. We have come a long way in the evolution of smartwatches, from only calculating the steps and calories to a more versatile smartwatch that can almost act as a mini phone.
Apple is at the forefront of wearable technology with its Smart Watches. But purchasing an Apple Watch isn’t the easiest thing in the world. So, after reviewing various smartwatches we’ve come up with a list of the Best Apple Watch Alternatives.
We might have loads of alternative options out there, but the majority isn’t that great. And of course, Apple watches are insanely expensive and isn’t something that you can afford without making a few sacrifices. However, it actually is possible to get the same tech for a much affordable price. A much cheap price, in fact. Check out our list of the Best Apple Watch Alternatives for all the details.
Best Apple Watch Alternatives 2021
The first one on our list is the CHOTOG smartwatch. This sleek-looking device packs all that we can ask out of a smartwatch. The appearance of the watch itself looks sporty with the strap made of silica gel. The 1.3 inch LCD display screen is square in shape, similar to the Apple smartwatch and has a resolution of 240*240 pixels. It is definitely one of the Best Apple Watch Alternatives.
- This watch has trackers for measuring your Blood Pressure and Heart Rate. It also has a Blood oxygen Passometer. These trackers come in very handy especially for those who exercise a lot or go on treks and hikes to places with a high altitude.
- There is also a Sleep Tracker which is very effective if you are trying to get a certain number of hours every night and check if the sleep is uninterrupted and of good quality.
- The watch is powered by a 100 mAh battery which takes a good 2.5 hrs to fully charge. This can be a bit of a disadvantage as it is not as quick as an Apple smartwatch but it does have a standby time of 10 days depending on the usage. Now that is quite a decent length of time.
- There is no separate cable to charge the watch. Just connect it via USB to charge it and reduce the number of cables you have lying around. Also, the band is detachable and therefore easy to be cleaned.
- The watch supports both android 5.0 and above and IOS 9.0 and above and your fitness can be tracked via the Yoho sports app.
- You get 3 colour options – black, white and pink.
The watch itself is IP67 certified which means that the watch can be dropped into water up to 1 meter deep for about half an hour without ruining the watch. However, we definitely would not recommend it to be worn for a swim.
- Push Message feature: step away from your phone without worrying that you are going to miss notifications and messages
- Weather sync: Monitor the weather regularly. You get the status of the weather on the face of your watch
- Music control: Control your playlist from your watch
- Alarm Clock: The watch vibrates subtly but enough to alert you
- Remote Control
- Social Media Notifications
- Message Reminders & Call Reminders
Run Speed – P8 SmartWatch
The second device on our list of the best alternatives to Apple smartwatches is the Run Speed – P8 Smartwatch. This is a real sporty watch is super thin and sleek which reminds us of the Apple Smartwatch. It comes in various lovely colours like gold, pink, grey, blue and black. Our favourites are the blue and gold.
- The watch has an editable main dial and a 1.4” HD smart screen, giving it an overall premium look. This is constructed with a zinc alloy which contributes to the lightweight of the device.
- This device has a built-in battery of a capacity of 170 mAh that can actively work up to 7 days. The standby time is quite impressive at around 25 days.
- This is a waterproof smartwatch that can handle being immersed in water to a depth of about 1 meter just like the CHOTOG. So you don’t have to worry about taking off your watch while washing your hands or if you are running in light rain or drizzle. However, do keep it away when you are getting into the swimming pool and that is something this watch cannot handle.
- You have all the monitors you require, like a pedometer, a calorie counter, activity tracker, a sleep monitor to track the quality of your sleep and a real-time heart rate monitor.
- It has multiple sports options that you can choose to help track your activity and vitals. You can also use this smartwatch to get vibration notifications when a message or a call pop up on your phone.
You do have the other features as well like an alarm clock reminder, a sedentary reminder, an Alipay reminder and a water reminder. You can use the remote control feature to take photos from the watch directly. The best part is that this watch is priced perfectly to fit in every budget, which makes this a great alternative to an Apple Smartwatch.
- Support iOS 9.0 version + above and Android 5.1 version + above
- 1.4inch Full touch display with 240p resolution
- Battery life of about 18-25 days on standby and 5-7 days with constant use.
- Ip67 Waterproof
- Heart rate monitor and sleep monitor
- Can access social media and calls. All messages will be sent to the wrist display.
- Sports modes
L8 Smart Watch
Priced in the same range as the Chotog and the Run Speed, the L8 smartwatch is again a great option for those who are looking for a cheaper version of the Apple smartwatch. This does look and feel different when compared to a typical Apple smartwatch, yet the performance and features are commendable, and therefore, has made it to our list.
- This Apple alternative has a round dial instead of the standard square dial that we are so used to seeing in an Apple alternative smartwatch. It looks like a regular watch but a pretty cool version of it.
- It’s really lightweight as its made of an alloy casing with a plastic casing back, this watch hardly weighs 60 grams, making this something that you won’t even notice you are wearing on your wrist.
- It is truly Waterproof: Unlike the first two smartwatches on our list, this watch can handle exposure to water much better. You can not only wear this watch while it is raining or washing your hands but also while you are swimming. This is a huge bonus for those whose major exercise is in the form of a swim.
- Apart from the above unique features, this smartwatch has a lot of other usual monitors you would expect a smartwatch to have, like tracking your sleep quality to the activities performed, Blood pressure, your heart rate, the number of steps taken and the calories burned.
- You can also sync it to your smartphone and receive notifications from various apps and social media sites like Wechat, SMS, emails, Whatsapp, Twitter and so on.
- This gadget has a 7-day battery life, keeping you going without having to charge it every single day. After all, it’s the best of the Best Apple Watch Alternatives
- It comes in three funky colours, a black, a red and green. We find all the colours very sporty, quite hard to pick a favourite!
This watch is built with the electrocardiogram technology, using which you can quickly get an ECG which can be shared with your doctor. This feature makes this an excellent choice for those with heart issues or slightly older people. Also, Avoid exposing the watch to too much heat: Do be careful though, this cannot be used in a hot sauna or in a steam room.
- Completely waterproof
- 7 days of battery life
- Heart rate, ECG, blood oxygen and various other monitors
- Stock apps: Play music, message people, take calls, and much more
- Multiple sports modes
FitBit Versa 3
Fit Bit Versa 3 is the best apple watch alternatives from FitBit. In fact, I’d say it’s a good alternative to the Apple watch SE.
- When compared to FitBit Sense, the Versa 3 is missing the body temperature, stress sensors, and ECG and Afib. However, Versa 3 includes the GPS feature that accurately tracks outdoor workouts!
- It also comes with fast charging. So even if you forget to charge it before your workout – all you need is 10 minutes of fast charging and it’ll last you the whole day!
- If you’re getting a FitBit smartwatch, you can rest assured that you’re getting the best fitness tracking device. Sleep monitoring, workout detection, Active Zone, elevation and step count tracking to perfection!
- It also includes an SpO2 sensor to track blood oxygen levels as you sleep. As you work out, blood oxygen levels drop so it’s good to keep an eye on that too.
While FitBit is probably the best device for fitness tracking, when it comes to its use as a smartwatch – I wasn’t that impressed. You can view instant notifications on FitBit Versa 3 but you won’t get the variety of apps like in the Apple Watch. So in terms of a smartwatch it may not be as good as an Apple Watch.
Having said that, you can get access to Google Assistant or Alexa voice controls by getting the FitBit Pay. But, honestly, I didn’t find much use for it. But if you have smart home control then this might be of good use to you.
TicWatch E2 is also a great alternative to Apple watch. When it comes to value for money, I think this is your best bet! It costs about 150 euros or $160 – which is good for a solid smartwatch.
- TicWatch E2 has the standard features of a fitness smartwatch – step count, sleep tracking, heart rate sensor. You also get access to Google Fit and Google Assistant. You can view your notifications on the smartwatch screen too!
- It’s waterproof upto 50 meters so you can enjoy a swim without having to take off your smartwatch.
- The battery life on TicWatch E2 is pretty decent and can go on two days without charge with the always-on screen enabled. It can last you 3 days if you disable the always-on screen.
- TicWatch E2 smartwatch is not only compatible with Android phone but also iPhones!
TicWatch E2 comes with all the standard features that any good fitness tracking device would. It also acts as a good extention for your smatphone as it displays notifications. It’s by far the most affordable Apple Watch alternatives on our list costing about $160.
Garmin Forerunner 735XT
The Garmin Forerunner 735XT smartwatch is a good Apple watch alternative for serious fitness freaks and professional athletes too!
- It has a cool design with advanced training and fitness features. Only thing I don’t like about the design is its bezel. I thought it was thick-ish. But again, this is entirely up to your taste.
- What I like about Garmin Forerunner is that it’s designed to be more than just to supplement your smartphone.
- It can track swimming, cycling, and running as it was designed keeping professional triathletes in mind. Along with GPS and bluetooth, it also offers an optical heart rate sensor.
Garmin Forerunner 735XT is the best Apple smartwatch alternative for professional athletes and a fitness enthusiast. As it was designed keeping professional athletes requirements, you get to access several helpful metrics that can help you stay fit.
You’ll love this fitness tracker / smartwatch, if you’re a professional athlete. It can give you data on ground contact time, stride length, balance, and much more. It also features a VO2 Max, recovery adviser, and race predictor too!
Whether you are trying to lose weight or working on staying fit, you need something that can track your activity. Smartwatches have been a blessing for us which enables us to track the steps taken, remind you of inactivity, tell you the number of calories burnt, track your activity, your sleep and lots more. It doesn’t stop there. Most smartwatches act as a mirror for your phones so you don’t have to always carry your smartphone around.
Is there an alternative to Apple Watch?
There is no doubt that the Apple smartwatch is the best combination of performance and aesthetics. The watch is sleek in appearance and made of fine grade aluminium metal covering the retina display screen. One can track your health, fitness and much more. Its basically, a mini smartphone. But it’s extremely expensive. People have to spend an entire months paycheck to be able to afford one of these.
However, there are manufacturers who sell alternatives with the same tech. You can do pretty much the same things with these watches – answer phone calls, respond to text messages and emails, control the music playlist you want to listen to and even customise the way the watch display looks according to your preferences.
The best Apple Watch Alternatives would be L8 Smartwatch and CHOTOG. Check out our list of Best Apple Watch Alternatives for all the details.
Joanna is a writer, poet, stand-up comedian and holds two master’s in arts and history. She founded Discount-age with the intention of providing her readers with solutions to everyday household problems. During her free time, Joanna loves cooking but usually ends up ordering in.