Smartwatches have become a part of our daily wearables. We have come a long way in the evolution of smartwatches, from only calculating the steps and calories to a more versatile smartwatch that can almost act as a mini phone.
Apple is at the forefront of wearable technology with its Smart Watches. But purchasing an Apple Watch isn’t the easiest thing in the world. So, after reviewing various smartwatches we’ve come up with a list of the Best Apple Watch Alternatives.
We might have loads of alternative options out there, but the majority isn’t that great. And of course, Apple watches are insanely expensive and isn’t something that you can afford without making a few sacrifices. However, it actually is possible to get the same tech for a much affordable price. A much cheap price, in fact. Check out our list of the Best Apple Watch Alternatives for all the details.
Best Apple Watch Alternatives 2020
#1 — CHOTOG
The first one on our list is the CHOTOG smartwatch. This sleek-looking device packs all that we can ask out of a smartwatch. The appearance of the watch itself looks sporty with the strap made of silica gel. The 1.3 inch LCD display screen is square in shape, similar to the Apple smartwatch and has a resolution of 240*240 pixels. It is definitely one of the Best Apple Watch Alternatives.
- This watch has trackers for measuring your Blood Pressure and Heart Rate. It also has a Blood oxygen Passometer. These trackers come in very handy especially for those who exercise a lot or go on treks and hikes to places with a high altitude.
- There is also a Sleep Tracker which is very effective if you are trying to get a certain number of hours every night and check if the sleep is uninterrupted and of good quality.
- The watch is powered by a 100 mAh battery which takes a good 2.5 hrs to fully charge. This can be a bit of a disadvantage as it is not as quick as an Apple smartwatch but it does have a standby time of 10 days depending on the usage. Now that is quite a decent length of time.
- There is no separate cable to charge the watch. Just connect it via USB to charge it and reduce the number of cables you have lying around. Also, the band is detachable and therefore easy to be cleaned.
- The watch supports both android 5.0 and above and IOS 9.0 and above and your fitness can be tracked via the Yoho sports app.
- You get 3 colour options – black, white and pink.
The watch itself is IP67 certified which means that the watch can be dropped into water up to 1 meter deep for about half an hour without ruining the watch. However, we definitely would not recommend it to be worn for a swim.
- Push Message feature: step away from your phone without worrying that you are going to miss notifications and messages
- Weather sync: Monitor the weather regularly. You get the status of the weather on the face of your watch
- Music control: Control your playlist from your watch
- Alarm Clock: The watch vibrates subtly but enough to alert you
- Remote Control
- Social Media Notifications
- Message Reminders & Call Reminders
#2 — Run Speed – P8 SmartWatch
The second device on our list of the best alternatives to Apple smartwatches is the Run Speed – P8 Smartwatch. This is a real sporty watch is super thin and sleek which reminds us of the Apple Smartwatch. It comes in various lovely colours like gold, pink, grey, blue and black. Our favourites are the blue and gold.
- The watch has an editable main dial and a 1.4” HD smart screen, giving it an overall premium look. This is constructed with a zinc alloy which contributes to the lightweight of the device.
- This device has a built-in battery of a capacity of 170 mAh that can actively work up to 7 days. The standby time is quite impressive at around 25 days.
- This is a waterproof smartwatch that can handle being immersed in water to a depth of about 1 meter just like the CHOTOG. So you don’t have to worry about taking off your watch while washing your hands or if you are running in light rain or drizzle. However, do keep it away when you are getting into the swimming pool and that is something this watch cannot handle.
- You have all the monitors you require, like a pedometer, a calorie counter, activity tracker, a sleep monitor to track the quality of your sleep and a real-time heart rate monitor.
- It has multiple sports options that you can choose to help track your activity and vitals. You can also use this smartwatch to get vibration notifications when a message or a call pop up on your phone.
You do have the other features as well like an alarm clock reminder, a sedentary reminder, an Alipay reminder and a water reminder. You can use the remote control feature to take photos from the watch directly. The best part is that this watch is priced perfectly to fit in every budget, which makes this a great alternative to an Apple Smartwatch.
- Support iOS 9.0 version + above and Android 5.1 version + above
- 1.4inch Full touch display with 240p resolution
- Battery life of about 18-25 days on standby and 5-7 days with constant use.
- Ip67 Waterproof
- Heart rate monitor and sleep monitor
- Can access social media and calls. All messages will be sent to the wrist display.
- Sports modes
#3 — L8 Smart Watch
Priced in the same range as the Chotog and the Run Speed, the L8 smartwatch is again a great option for those who are looking for a cheaper version of the Apple smartwatch. This does look and feel different when compared to a typical Apple smartwatch, yet the performance and features are commendable, and therefore, has made it to our list.
- This Apple alternative has a round dial instead of the standard square dial that we are so used to seeing in an Apple alternative smartwatch. It looks like a regular watch but a pretty cool version of it.
- It’s really lightweight as its made of an alloy casing with a plastic casing back, this watch hardly weighs 60 grams, making this something that you won’t even notice you are wearing on your wrist.
- It is truly Waterproof: Unlike the first two smartwatches on our list, this watch can handle exposure to water much better. You can not only wear this watch while it is raining or washing your hands but also while you are swimming. This is a huge bonus for those whose major exercise is in the form of a swim.
- Apart from the above unique features, this smartwatch has a lot of other usual monitors you would expect a smartwatch to have, like tracking your sleep quality to the activities performed, Blood pressure, your heart rate, the number of steps taken and the calories burned.
- You can also sync it to your smartphone and receive notifications from various apps and social media sites like Wechat, SMS, emails, Whatsapp, Twitter and so on.
- This gadget has a 7-day battery life, keeping you going without having to charge it every single day. After all, it’s the best of the Best Apple Watch Alternatives
- It comes in three funky colours, a black, a red and green. We find all the colours very sporty, quite hard to pick a favourite!
This watch is built with the electrocardiogram technology, using which you can quickly get an ECG which can be shared with your doctor. This feature makes this an excellent choice for those with heart issues or slightly older people. Also, Avoid exposing the watch to too much heat: Do be careful though, this cannot be used in a hot sauna or in a steam room.
- Completely waterproof
- 7 days of battery life
- Heart rate, ECG, blood oxygen and various other monitors
- Stock apps: Play music, message people, take calls, and much more
- Multiple sports modes
Whether you are trying to lose weight or working on staying fit, you need something that can track your activity. Smartwatches have been a blessing for us which enables us to track the steps taken, remind you of inactivity, tell you the number of calories burnt, track your activity, your sleep and lots more. It doesn’t stop there. Most smartwatches act as a mirror for your phones so you don’t have to always carry your smartphone around.
Is there an alternative to Apple Watch?
There is no doubt that the Apple smartwatch is the best combination of performance and aesthetics. The watch is sleek in appearance and made of fine grade aluminium metal covering the retina display screen. One can track your health, fitness and much more. Its basically, a mini smartphone. But it’s extremely expensive. People have to spend an entire months paycheck to be able to afford one of these.
However, there are manufacturers who sell alternatives with the same tech. You can do pretty much the same things with these watches – answer phone calls, respond to text messages and emails, control the music playlist you want to listen to and even customise the way the watch display looks according to your preferences.
The best Apple Watch Alternatives would be L8 Smartwatch and CHOTOG. Check out our list of Best Apple Watch Alternatives for all the details.