The best sofa is one that’s built to last, uses soft fabric or leather and is comfortable to sit on. Buy it you’re a heavy adult, you will definitely need something designed specifically to hold your weight.
We have numerous sofa sets available that have been reinforced to hold upwards of 165lbs with ease. These sofas come in different sizes and shapes so there’s definitely one of them that’ll suit your requirements.
Our team at discount age have put together a list of the top 6 best sofa for heavy persons in the UK. We’ve put these sofas to vigorous tests and have determined that they are durable, comfortable and will not slide under your feet if you’re heavy.
Here is the list of the top 6 best sofa for heavy persons.
- Honeypot Malvi Corner Sofa
- Panana Modern 3 Seater Sofa
- Honeypot Verona 3 Seater Sofa
- Nolany L-Shaped 3 Seater Corner Sofa
- Cherry Tree Brunswick 4-Seater Chaise Sofa
- Homcom 3-Seater Corner Sofa
Recommended Read: Best Inflatable Foot Rest
Top 6 Best Sofa for Heavy Persons in the UK
Honeypot Malvi Corner Sofa
Honeypot is a name that’s well known in the UK for their high quality furniture and household products. Their Malvi corner sofa is by far the most comfortable sofa that you can find online. It comes with a sturdy frame and uses high quality fabric that makes it soft to sit on and easy to clean.
The Malvi sofa is a multipurpose unit and can double up as a bed if needed. Simply follow the instructions and you will be able to convert this L-shaped sofa into a full sized double bed in no time.
It comes with adjustable armrests that you can use to place your pillows against and has built-in storage compartments that you can make use of to store extra cushions or a blanket and other nick-knacks.
- Equipped with adjustable armrests
- Made from solid wood and soft polyester
- Converts into a double bed
- Built-in storage compartments
Panana Modern 3 Seater Sofa
Panana is another household brand in the UK that has been dealing in furniture for quite some time. Their Modern 3-seater sofa is a highly multi-functional sofa that doubles up as a bed in under 5 minutes.
The sofa is equipped with padded cushions that are comfortable to sit on and sleep. The feet and frame are made from solid wood allowing it to be durable and can support heavy people. Also, if you’re someone who would like to recline and watch TV, then this 3 seater is the perfect choice for you.
It comes with 2 cushions and a pair of cup holders which is great. But the biggest and most important reason to consider investing in this sofa is that it’s affordable. At under £220, this sofa is one of the best budget friendly sofas for heavy people.
- 3 modes – Upright, Recline & Sofabed
- Built from solid wood and upholstered with beige fabric
- Sold as a flat unit, will have to screw on the legs
Honeypot Verona 3 Seater Sofa
The Honeypot Verona is a 3-seater sofa that is a blend of a classic and modern design. It’s a highly durable sofa that uses a solid wood frame and some of the best foam filled cushions to deliver exceptional levels of comfort.
This sofa comes with button-tufted scroll arms on either side and removable cushion covers so they can be cleaned easily. The chrome feet are built to last and will hold a maximum load of over 160lbs at a time.
Each sofa gets shipped out as a completed unit and you wouldn’t have to worry about screwing or bolting anything on it. The Verona collection even includes a nice little footstool that compliments this sofa, it’s available to buy on Amazon and would have to be purchased separately.
- Solid wood frame and chrome feet
- Cushions come foam filled and the cushion covers are removable and can be washed.
- Button tufted scroll arms
- Ideal for heavy adults
Nolany L-Shaped 3 Seater Corner Sofa
The Nolany 3 seater sofa is a lounge sofa that’s best suited for living rooms. It’s ideal for heavy persons in the UK as it’s built from high-quality hardwood and uses premium cotton and pocket springs to deliver a comfortable seating position.
This sofa is convertible and the chaise can be moved and positioned either on the left or right side of the sofa. It’s sold as one unit but would be delivered in two separate packages and what we loved about this sofa is that it wouldn’t take you more than 10-15 minutes to set it up.
The Nolany corner sofa is built for 3 adults and thanks to the durable legs, it can hold two heavy people without forming pressure bends. The top of the sofa is soft to the touch and is made from linen fabric, definitely one of the best sofas for heavy adults.
- Comes along with a movable ottoman/chaise
- Made from high-density hardwood and uses serpentine springs and pocket coils for added comfort
- Sofa weighs 660lbs so it’s a little on the heavier side
Cherry Tree Brunswick 4-Seater Chaise Sofa
If you’re interested in picking up a functional and highly flexible sofa for a heavy person, then no list will be complete without a Cherry Tree Brunswick sofa. Here’s a 4-seater sofa that’s built with one thing in mind, comfort.
It comes with an ottoman/chaise that is detachable and can be positioned on either side of the sofa depending on your room’s requirements and the ottoman has a built-in storage unit that you can use to store newspapers or magazines.
We found it very comfortable to sit on and with the tufted backrest, padded seat cushions and armrest cushions, we truly did not want to get up and carry on working. Truth be told, the Cherry Tree is one of our favorites and considering that it is priced at a reasonable price of just under £500, it should be something you should consider buying as well.
- Made from heavy-duty hardwood
- Soft fabric and cotton cushions
- Equipped with a removable/movable chaise that has a built-in storage unit
- Ideal for heavy persons who are looking for something flexible
Homcom 3-Seater Corner Sofa
Homcom might not be a name that you’re familiar with because they’re rather new as compared to other brands in the market. They are well known for their high quality sofas and seating arrangements that are available at budget friendly prices.
Their 3-seater corner sofa is made from high quality rubber wood and features curved legs along with thick padded cushions that are covered with PU leather. It is quite sturdy and reliable especially if you’re a heavy person.
The seats are made from a soft sponge that will let you sink it and stay that way for hours. The feet of the sofa come with anti-slip pads which will ensure the sofa remains in place and keep your floor protected.
- Can hold up to 200kg at a time
- Made from rubber wood, 28D sponge and Polyester
- Equipped with high back and armrests
Things to consider when buying a sofa for a heavy person
There are a few points you need to remember before buying a sofa for a heavy person. By following this checklist, you will be able to pick the most appropriate sofa that’s durable, comfortable and offers the right amount of support.
- Size – The first thing to consider is the size of the sofa and whether you’re buying it for a single adult or to be shared by others. Another thing to remember is that you will need to get a sofa that fits the dimensions of your room. Ensure you measure the space in the room before making the purchase and only then will you be able to pick the right sofa. Ideally, a sofa that’s perfect for a heavy person will be one that is large and heavy.
- Support – Support is something that large people need and if you don’t wish to strain your joints then the best thing to do is get a sofa that comes with an ample amount of support. Armrests, cushions, removable backrests are some of the key elements to keep a lookout for while buying a sofa.
- Material – Another important point to consider is the material and quality of the material used while making the sofa. While leather sofas may look nice, they’re not always that comfortable when it comes to heavy people and you will want something made out of fabric so it doesn’t stick onto your skin. Make sure the frame is made up of a durable wood or steel and the cushions use high-quality foam or cotton.
- Price – The final thing to consider is how much you’re willing to pay for the sofa. There are sofas available for under £300 that are really good and there are others that fall within the range of £500-£1000. Ultimately, the price of your sofa depends on the type of build, material and size. So think carefully and make sure the sofa you buy falls within your budget and requirements.
Joanna is a writer, poet, stand-up comedian and holds two master’s in arts and history. She founded Discount-age with the intention of providing her readers with solutions to everyday household problems. During her free time, Joanna loves cooking but usually ends up ordering in.