Studying in the UK is a dream come true. But,let us face it.It can be very expensive especially if you are a student barely making ends meet. Who wouldn’t like to get a discount especially when you are a student and trying to juggle between college and a part-time job to earn some extra money?
If you’re wondering, “Where can I use student discount in the UK?”, then you’ve come to the right place.
There are many different discounts students in the UK can avail, from train fares to pizza delivery. Here is all you need to know about how and where you can avail student discounts on a variety of services.
Discounts can range from around 5% to 40%, so get ready to flash your ID card from your university or college and start exploring these exclusive discounts.
Recommended Read: How Much is Apple’s Student Discount in the UK?
Where Can I Use Student Discount in the UK?
If you have a student ID, you can avail a discount across a wide range of services and purchases. Companies want students to have the same benefits, but since they’re still unemployed, these services are provided to students at a discounted rate.
This article will highlight all the places where you can use your student ID card to avail a discount. These discounts are subject to change at any time, so don’t hesitate and begin shopping.
Cards and Online Codes
- Totum – Totum UK is the country’s number one student discount card available that is supported by the National Union of Students.You can get incredible deals related with food, fashion, fitness, travel and much more. A Totum Lite card is free wheres a Totum Pro costs around £12, £22 and £32 for one,two and three years respectively.
- UNiDAYS – UNiDAYS is a free app which makes student discounts online effortless and stress-free. Anyone who is above sixteen years and studying in a college or university can apply.
- Student Beans – Student beans is also a free app to gain a wide range of student discounts online
Mobile SIM Plans
- Vodafone – Vodafone offers a discount of up to 10% on a certain number of plans.
- O2 – O2 offers a 20% discount on your Airtime plan when you are signed in with O2 Refresh.
- For a 20% discount on any purchases twice a year, for purchase either at the store or even online, visit the Foyles Bookshop.
- For a 10% discount on all supplies and services like printing, hard binding, photocopying, on all offline and online services, visit Ryman Stationery. The discount can be availed only if the student has a valid student ID card.
- For those who wish to buy and use Amazon Prime services, Amazon UK offers a six-month free trial and a 50% discount. This especially comes in handy when you are in need of textbooks or other stationery. You can also make use of their music streaming services during recess or free hours. You can do extensive research on different subjects using Amazon’s kindle lending library
- For a 10% discount in services like printing,photocopying, in the Paperchase stores and online using the UNiDAYS app.
Travel and Commute
- To avail the 10% discount on all their coaches, travel with Megabus coaches.
- One of the best savings plans during your student stay in the UK can be investing in the 16-25 Railcard. It will help you get a 30% discount on all the standard rail fares. Another advantage of owning a 16-25 Railcard is that the TransPennine Express offers anyone with a 16-25 Railcard a 50% discount on advanced fares if you simply buy your ticket through their website.
- Get ready to avail discounts on various hotels,flights,tours and hostels on the StudentUniverse website.
- Keep an eye out for pocket friendly travel prices offered by STA travel.
Gadgets and Technology
- Apple – The Apple Store for Education offers up to 10% discount to students on purchase on laptops and Mac computers and a 5% discount on purchase of iPads.
- Norton Antivirus – You can save up to £46 on the Norton antivirus systems and internet security.
- Adobe – The Adobe Creative cloud services offers up to 60% discount for all students.
- HP Computers – You can get a 30% discount on all HP computers,printers and other devices at HP.
Beauty Products & Services
- 15% discount available while shopping online at the Fragrance Shop.
- If you are in need of a brand new look,then visit TONI & GUY anytime between Monday to Thursday to avail 20% discount on haircut using a Totum Card.
- Boots Opticians offer a super sweet deal for all students.Get a 25% discount on your prescription or first pair of sunglasses with any other additional pair of sunglasses for just half the price.
- UNiDAYS – Use your UNiDAYS account,and get a student membership for AppleMusic for only £4.99 per month. You can also first try the three month free trial before getting the membership. You can get a 15% discount on iPads,Macs, and other Apple gadgets using the Apple Education discount. You can even use your ID at the store to avail all these benefits.
- Spotify Premium – You can now easily download and listen to music using Spotify Premium for just half the price.
- Virgin Experience – If you are bored and looking for some fun things to do in the city, head on to Virgin Experience days and get a 20% discount on numerous activities.
- Oden Cinemas – Oden Cinemas offers you a discount of 25% using your Totum card at the box office from Monday to Thursday.
- EEBroadband – Students are offered an amazing 20% discount on all contract plans at EEbroadband and also get free access to Apple music for 6 months and BT sport for 3 months.You can avail these discounts using your Student beans account and UNiDAYS account.
- Santander – You can get a free 16-25 Railcard using your Santander student bank account for a period of four years.
- Natwest – Natwest offers you a national express coach card free for a period of four years.
- Domino’s – To all pizza lovers out there, Domino’s pizza offers a 35% discount on all purchases online above £25.
- Cooperative – Weekly groceries have never been cheaper with amazing deals from the Cooperative.You can use a 10% discount using your Totum card.
- Las Iguanas Restaurant – If you would like to try Latin American cuisine,then stop by Las Iguanas for a 25% discount from Sunday to Thursday.
- Download the Gourmet Burger Kitchen app and avail 25% discount for all students.
- Yo!Sushi – Yo!Sushi also provides students with an incredible 25% discount for dine-in purchases on Sundays and from Tuesday to Thursday.
- Get a 10% discount through Student beans in River Island.
- Use your UNiDAYS code to avail 10% and sometimes 25% discount in ASOS.
- Some other clothing stores that offer a 10% discount include – Schuh, Burton, French Connection, Boohoo and Urban Outfitters.
Who is eligible for a student discount card?
If you are sixteen and above, and are full-time or part-time student in further education, you are entitled to a student discount card. The process is easy ,quick and does not take very long.
What is a NUS card?
It is one of the most popular student cards in the country owned by the National Union of Students and costs around £12 for the whole year.
What is the cost for a student card?
A student card may cost you anywhere between £10-30 for about twelve months.It usually depends on the type of card you will get.
Can you use your student discount on discounted items?
Yes,of course you can avail numerous student discounts and get sweet amazing deals at unbelievable prices. You can purchase a dress for just £16.50 after using your 15% student discount on a discounted dress of £20 from £30.
How can you distinguish between good and bad prices?
Keep in mind to always check the price from various stores and also look at reviews and price history from certain sites. Be also aware of RRP comparisons that ten to exaggerate the discounts at times.
Can an apprentice avail discounts?
The NUS Apprentice extra card gives a wonderful list of discounts you can choose from which costs only £11 for a whole year. This gives you access to discounts in Amazon Prime subscription,40% off at Las Iguana restaurant, 10% off at The Co-op and so on.
However, if you are doing a degree apprenticeship and you use an university email address,then you will get access to other student discount schemes.
Pursuing your higher studies in the UK is rewarding but also a little expensive so why not enjoy some benefits and discounts to improve your standard of living as a student?
Discounts in any form are truly a blessing for students studying in the UK.They not only make life easier but also very enjoyable. Student discount cards are made to make a student’s life more comfortable and rewarding by allowing them to pay for all their necessities and also a little bit of extra-curricular fun.
Once you flash your ID or student card you will get access to some mind-blowing discounts on food,fashion,entertainment,music,and so much more.
- How Much is Apple’s Student Discount in the UK?
- How to Get Spotify Discount in the UK
- What is Electrical Discount UK?
Joanna is a writer, poet, stand-up comedian and holds two master’s in arts and history. She founded Discount-age with the intention of providing her readers with solutions to everyday household problems. During her free time, Joanna loves cooking but usually ends up ordering in.
Table of Contents