We curated a list of the best UV nail lamps. Check it out!
I love getting my nails done. Not just manicures but I love nail art as well. However, it’s extremely time-consuming to do it by yourself. Not the application part but it’s the time it takes for the nail gel to cure that’s unbearable. While salons various appliances to fast forward this, going there during this pandemic is not the brightest decision. So, I went on Amazon UK to find a solution and I happened to find something pretty cool: a UV Nail Lamp. Check out our list of the Best UV Nail Lamps UK for all the details.
These super-portable USB-powered UV lamps work from a power bank that, believe it or not, take less time and effort than a regular salon. The best part is that it even dries toenails without a problem. It can evenly set nail paint, coating, and cure it in a matter of seconds.
However, not all UV lights are worth investing in. So, we’ve compiled a list of the best of the Best UV Nail Lamps UK for your convenience.
Best UV Nail Lamps: Quick Summary
|Best UV Nail Lamps||Key feature|
|Unison LED UV nail lamp||24 watts, LED feature, multiple features|
|NailStar Professional nail lamp||36 watts, 3 settings, quick drying|
|Saint Acior Gel Nail lamp||36 watts, timer with 3 settings, comes with 10 nail polishes|
|Mylee Pro Salon Series nail lamp||65 watts, convex curing technology, removable trays|
|LKE UV nail lamp||12 LEDs with white beads, portable and can be worked with laptops or power banks|
|CCHome LED UV nail lamp||150 watts, 10 seconds curing, detachable bottom|
|Canvalite UV nail lamp||42 pieces bulb, 80 watts, spacious to fit all 5 fingers|
|Yolispa LED UV nail lamp||18 pieces bulb, 52 watts, auto sensor|
After having reviewed close to 50 UV nail lamps based on various factors like design, function, feature, performance, effectiveness and price; My team and I zeroed in on 8 that really stood out. These 8 were further put through a series of tests to determine the best. We found that:
The best UV nail Lamp in the UK is the Unisun LED UV Nail Lamp. It is equipped with a 24-watt LED UV lamp with an auto-sensor that automatically switches on when you insert your hand and turn off when you remove it. It uses LED and UV to cure all types of nail glues and gels.
- Related: Best Electric Nail File UK
- Related: Best At Home Gel Nail Kit Review
- Related: What is Gel Manicure
Best UV Nail Lamps UK
Unisun LED UV Nail Lamp
The Unisun LED UV Nail Lamp is the first on my list for its affordable price and great features. It has a 24-watt LED UV lamp with an auto-sensor that automatically switches on when you insert your hand in the unit and turns off when you remove it. It’s one of the Best UV Nail Lamps UK.
- It has a timer that is displayed on an LCD display so you can choose the amount of time you want to keep your nails in. Overall it is a value for money unit with more features than most UV nail lamps.
- It dries nail polish in seconds and combines UV and LED light sources to cover a wide ultraviolet band for curing all kinds of nail gel and glue.
- This device has inbuilt sensors that turn on and off automatically when you put your hands in making it easy to use and convenient.
What’s in it for you
One of the really cool features I found in the Unisun LED UV nail lamp is that it can be powered via USB. so apart from a wall charger you can connect it to your power bank or laptop and use it anywhere making it amazingly portable.
- The Unisun LED UV Nail Lamp is an affordable and value for money product with multiple features.
- It has a 24-watt LED UV lamp with auto sensors that turn the machine on when your nails are under the UV and turns off after.
- It dries nail polish and glue in seconds and has a timer that you can use that shows on an LCD display.
NailStar 36 Watt Professional
The NailStar Professional 36 watt UV Nail Lamp is one of Amazon’s bestsellers for its sturdy build and consistent good nail results. It comes with a built-in timer that can be set up to 3 minutes depending on the quality of your nail glue.
- It is compatible with gel varnish brands like Gellen, Shellac, and OPI.
- This is a versatile unit that can be used on your feet for gel pedicures saving you time from going to the salon.
- It has four high-powered built-in UV light bulbs that ensure even nail coverage on every use.
What’s in it for you
The four LED bulbs are controlled with 120, 180 second, and constant timer modes providing you with maximum flexibility for any brand of nail polish or gel.
- The NailStar professional 36 Watt UV Nail Lamp has a sturdy square build with 4 high powered UV LED bulbs.
- It comes with a timer that has 3 settings to choose from that can work on any brand of nail glue and polish.
Saint-Acior Gel Nail Polish and UV Nail Starter Kit
The Saint Acior UV Nail Starter Kit is a complete unit perfect for you if you want to start doing your nails in the comfort of your home. It comes with all your nail essentials that can be used with a 36watt LED UV nail dryer that comes with three timer settings and double source light for excellent results. It’s one of the Best UV Nail Lamps UK.
- It comes with a timer that you can set according to the nail adhesive you are using along with a double source light for better results.
- This unit comes with all the essentials you will need to do your nails at home without a problem.
What’s in it for you
With this unit, you will get one 36watt USB UV nail lamp with 10 colour gel nail polishes, top coat, base coat, and nail tools all for the affordable price of 25 pounds the perfect starter kit.
- The Saint Acior UV Nail Starter kit comes with 10 colour nail polishes, top and base coat, Nail tools, 36watt USB UV lamp making this affordable unit the best kit to start off with.
- It has a timer with three settings to choose from according to your nail polish or coat.
Mylee PRO Salon Series
Mylee is one of the leading brands when it comes to nail care and the Mylee pro is one of their best sellers for its super quick cure time of just 15 seconds. Its LED’s are placed in an even way to ensure equal distribution of light so you get the best and even results from the product every time you use it.
- An in-built timer with three timers presets up to 60-seconds help with curing different nail polish.
- It comes with a removable tray and portable design so it can handle at-home pedicures.
What’s in it for you
The device uses Innovative Convex Curing Technology that cures any gel in a fraction of the time compared to conventional UV/LED lamps.
- The Mylee Pro is a dome-shaped compact UV nail lamp that is built with convex curing tech that allows quick curing of nails in just 15 seconds.
- It has an in-built timer for a different quality of nail paint. It’s one of the Best UV Nail Lamps UK.
- It has a removable tray making it convenient to do pedicures as well.
LKE UV Nails Lamps
The LKE UV Nail Lamp combines both UV and LED to give you painless high-quality results in a matter of seconds. It has 12 LEDs with white beads which help shorten the drying time and also a built-in timer on an LCD display to help you set the curing time according to the nail paint you are using.
- It is USB-powered allowing it to work on a power bank or laptop making it super portable.
- This device has a built-in timer that has 3 presets to choose from an LCD screen on top of the device.
- It is USB powered so the unit can be powered via a wall socket or any portable USB power station like power banks or laptops.
What’s in it for you
It has both UV lights for deep curing of the paint for good results and LED for curing the nail paint quickly. The combination of both makes it an excellent and reliable UV nail lamp.
- The LKE UV Nail Lamp is an affordable and portable option that has both UV and LED bulbs to give good and long-lasting results.
- It has a timer with three timers presets on an LCD display to choose from.
- It is USB powered and can run on power supplied by a power bank making it super portable and reliable.
CCHome 150 Watt LED UV Nail Lamp
The CCHome is a high power 150 watt UV nail lamp that is known for curing nails in just 10 seconds. It has auto-sensors that work only when your nails are under the UV light ensuring no energy is wasted.
- It is 80% per cent faster than other UV lamps that save the time and money that you would normally spend in a salon.
- This device has a timer with four presets to choose from that you can set according to the nail polish consistency you are using.
- It has a detachable bottom giving the UV nail lamp enough space to lighten both fingernails and toenails.
What’s in it for you
It has a 150 watt UV bulb that can easily cure your nails in just 10 seconds saving you the time and effort taken to travel to the salon to get it done.
- The CCHome is a high-quality and efficient UV nail lamp that has a 150-watt high power UV lamp that can cure nails in seconds.
- It has four presets in its in-built timer to choose from according to the nail paint. It’s one of the Best UV Nail Lamps UK.
- It has a detachable bottom allowing enough space for you to do your toenails as well.
Canvalite 80W UV Nail Lamp
The Canvalite UV nail lamp is a high power 80watt lamp with 42 pieces of light bulbs that shortens the time taken to cure your nails by 50 per cent than other UV nail dryers. It has a double light source that works on any nail coating.
- It also has auto-sensors that turn-on the UV lights only when the nails are under the device ensuring no energy is wasted.
- 42 individual UV bulbs provided a double light source ensuring excellent curing results every time you use the device.
- It has auto-sensors that turn the device on only when your nails are under the machine ensuring no energy is wasted.
What’s in it for you
The unit is large enough to provide space for curing all five fingernails at the same time without touching the sides giving you an even curing every time.
- The Canvalite UV nail lamp is powered with 42 pieces of light bulbs with 80 watts of high power allowing the device to cure the nail fifty per cent faster.
- It has auto sensors that turn on the device when your nails are underneath saving energy when not in use.
- The unit is spacious enough to fit all five nails without a problem.
Yolispa UV Led Nail Lamp 54W
Yolispa UV LED Nail Lamp is the last one on my list for its easy portability and affordable price. It has 18 LED beads that are powered by a 54-watts Nail lamp giving it the right amount of curing light to do your nails evenly.
- It has auto sensors that turn the UV lights on only once your nails are sensed.
- It has a timer with three presets to choose from according to the nail paint quality for excellent curing results.
- it is USB-powered making it super portable and can be used in your vacation to keep your nails glossy and polished.
What’s in it for you
The brand provides a 12-month warranty giving you the confidence of a quality product and making it worth every pound.
- The Yolispa UV LED Nail lamp is a two in one lamp with 18 high-quality UV pieces and a 54watt nail lamp that combines to give you quick and reliable results.
- It has a timer with presets to choose from according to your nail paint with an auto-sensor to save energy when not in use.
How to Choose a UV Nail Lamp:
Here are a few things to consider when you’re buying a UV nail lamp for yourself:
- Budget: figure out how much you’re willing to spend on your UV nail lamp. There are lamps available for $50 as well as $150 which obviously differs in features. If you’re someone who frequently gets their nails and manicure done then I’d suggest you to invest in something that has additional features and attachments. If you use it rarely or once in a blue moon, don’t break your bank.
- Type of nail paint: You have to keep in mind what type of nail paint you’re using because they’re different for both UV and LED nail lamps. CND Shellac and UV polishes work well with UV nail lamps. Even gel polishes are good for these types of nail lamps.
- Cure time: Check the cure time of the UV nail lamp, it shouldn’t be more than 7-8 minutes. If it takes more time, it’s not worth it as you don’t wanna keep waiting for so long.
- Bulb lifespan: bulb lifespan of UV nail can last upto 100 hours and the replacing of these bulbs are quite expensive at almost $30. So invest in a high quality lamp that has a good lifespan.
- Size: There are a few small sized UV nail lamps which only allow 4 fingers at once and you have to cure the thumb separately which just takes a lot of time. There are a few lamps that are not compatible for pedicure. The best ones are those that can cure both hands together at the same time.
- Additional features: Additional features are always great and leave you without any worry or hassle. Choose something that has a motion sensor, pre set timers, included fans etc.
What is the best UV nail lamp?
The best UV nail lamp in the UK is the Unisun LED UV Nail Lamp. Not only is it cheap at just £25 but it also comes with amazing features. For example, it works off a USB cable that can pull power from a power bank or even a laptop.
It also a 24-watt LED UV lamp and an auto-sensor feature that automatically switches on when you insert your hand and turn off when you remove it. It uses LED and UV to cure all types of nail glues and gels. Check out our list of the Best UV Nail Lamps UK for all the details.
What’s the best wattage for a UV nail lamp?
Most UV nail lamps are at least 36 wattage. The more the wattage is the faster the gel nails will dry up.
How can you tell the difference between UV and LED nail lamps?
UV and LED nail lamps are both used for curing gel nail polishes. The main difference between these nail lamps is the technology, type of bulbs and the type of light produced. LED nail lamps have a longer bulb lifespan and cures nails in less than 2 minutes. However, UV lights bulb lifespan is only about 100 hours and it takes about 7-10 minutes to cure nails.
Joanna is a writer, poet, stand-up comedian and holds two master’s in arts and history. She founded Discount-age with the intention of providing her readers with solutions to everyday household problems. During her free time, Joanna loves cooking but usually ends up ordering in.