With summer around the corner, it’s almost time to get our BBQ grills out of the dust-laden corner of the garage and enjoy a barbecue with our families and friends. But, as much as we love a nice old fashioned BBQ, the smoke makes it unbearable for most of us. Worst of all we end up investing in a huge and expensive BBQ grill that is hard to store and dangerous.
Luckily, there’s is a brilliant alternative that does the same job without the hassle. Smokeless charcoal bbq grills that give you the smoky taste without the inconveniences of smoke. And is so much safer compared to the conventional grill. Here are some other products that are super convenient.
Whether you are a grilling expert, a home cook, or just starting out on your grilling journey, smokeless charcoal bbq grills can help you practice your recipes and cook delicious barbeques for the entire family. Here’s our list of the Best Smokeless Charcoal BBQ UK 2020.
- Best Budget BBQ
- What is Smokeless Charcoal BBQ?
- Best Smokeless Charcoal BBQ in theUK 2020
- Things to Consider When Choosing a Smokeless BBQ Grill
Best Budget BBQ
|Best BBQ UK||Features||Price|
|LOTUSGRILL Tabletop Barbecue||34cm grill top,|
Smokeless ventilation system,
Can be battery operated,
Low power consumption.
|Klarstein Micro-Q 3131 Charcoal Grill||42x23cm stainless steel grill,|
Fan box for instant ignition,
Faster than conventional grilling,
|Kbabe Portable BBQ Grill||Non-stick plate,|
Adjustable fan and temperature settings,
Stainless steel grill and bowl for easy cleaning,
Can serve 5 to 6 people,
2 colours to choose from.
|Bruzzzler Grillerette Classic||Fan controlled heat and airflow,|
Easily cleaned griddle and grease pan,
The grate is 35cm in diameter,
Low charcoal consumption.
What is Smokeless Charcoal BBQ?
Unlike the conventional BBQ grill that requires smoke to cook those tender patties, this “smokeless” alternative is suitable for those who are allergic to smoke and want a safer yet similar BBQ experience. These grills are faster and way more efficient than the conventional grill.
This smokeless grill is “smokeless” because of the Turbofan system. This battery-powered system has a but in fan that circulates air inside the grill and it helps control the heat. This system is critical in delivering a smoke-free grilling experience.
Smokeless BBQ grills are typically constructed with a double-wall design. A canister holds charcoal while the meat is cooked on the grill plates.
Best Smokeless Charcoal BBQ in the UK 2020
Smokeless charcoal grills let you experience old school grilling with almost the same taste as conventional charcoal grills. The difference in taste is noticeable but subtle. You can enjoy a nice grilled chunk of meat in no time at all.
#1 — LOTUSGRILL Tabletop Barbecue
Whether you lack the space for a conventional barbeque grill or just want to avoid a bulky bbq grill the LotusGrill Charcoal Tabletop Grill is just the thing you need. It is the number one most reviewed smokeless charcoal grill in the market, and their products live up to the standard.
- An ample amount of charcoal plus some ignition gel you only need 3 minutes before you can use your grill that easily serves up to 5 people.
- The grill is 34cm wide perfect for a quick grill with some friends.
- The ventilation system utilizes an on and off switch and heat control system that allows for an easy smokeless barbeque for everyone to enjoy.
- The LotusGrill comes with a transport bag and dishwasher-friendly parts for quick cleaning.
- The LotusGrill Tabletop Grill can be battery operated for more portable use and offer you the Best Smokeless Charcoal BBQ UK 2020.
- 34cm grill top
- Smokeless ventilation system
- Can be battery operated
- Low power consumption
- Cooks fast and efficiently
- Does not consume a lot of power
- Relatively expensive
- Difficult to find custom accessories for the grill
#2 — Klarstein Micro-Q 3131 Charcoal Grill
A transportable grill perfect for outdoor camping the Klarstein Micro-Q 3131 is your go-to portable grill for all your adventures.
- It is extra-large 42x23cm stainless steel grill space and fast assembly redefine barbeque standards.
- With it is battery-operated fan box, you can easily ignite your charcoal without any hassle.
- The smart design lets excess fat and meat drippings fall to a drip fan that is easy to clean and removable.
- The Klarstein Micro-Q 3131 Charcoal Grill is a practical portable outdoor smokeless grill that gives you hassle-free grilling anywhere.
- 42x23cm stainless steel grill
- Fan box for instant ignition
- Faster than conventional grilling
- Value for money
- Easy to maintain
- Can cook thick meats
- Since it distributes heat equally due to its smart design, it actually might take more time to cook food.
#3 — Kbabe Portable BBQ Grill
Are you looking for an easily transportable smokeless barbeque grill? Kbabe Portable BBQ Grill is just the thing you need with it is lightweight and ergonomic design.
- Designed with a convenient fan that ensures your food won’t be flooded with fumes nor ambers from the charcoal.
- Spills and drips from grilling will be stored in an easy to clean drip pan which also allows you to burn the charcoal slower than conventional grilling.
- The adjustable temperature gauze controls the airflow for even cooking.
- Non-stick plate
- Drip pan
- Adjustable fan and temperature settings
- Stainless steel grill and bowl for easy cleaning
- Can serve 5 to 6 people
- 2 colours to choose from
- Does not have a long life span
#4 — Bruzzzler Grillerette Classic
With a fan controlled heating system the Grillerette Classic is a smokeless barbeque grill that takes only a few minutes before it is ready to use.
- The perfect combination of proper airflow and lighting gel gets the grill ready in a flash. Charcoal burns in just 2 to 3 minutes.
- Grease and drippings from food grilled runs to the sides instead of flooding your charcoal which often causes a whiff of smoke.
- The grill rack and lid allows you to grill indirectly for a less charred and smoky taste.
- To boost, the Grillerette Classic has a pizza plate that can be combined with a lid for a faster cooking experience.
- Fan controlled heat and airflow
- Double-walled base
- Easily cleaned griddle and grease pan
- The grate is 35cm in diameter
- Low charcoal consumption
- Small in size
- Hard to maintain and difficult to clean
Things to Consider When Choosing a Smokeless BBQ Grill
Size and Surface Capacity
Whether you are just cooking for a few friends or having a huge barbeque party the size and surface capacity of your grill is important. Y
- You should consider a larger grill space if you often host dinners or parties for a lot of people.
- On the other hand, you can opt for a more compact smokeless charcoal grill when you have a few household members.
Some grills have a sleek design that makes it portable and lightweight. You can easily take your smokeless grill to the outdoors for a camping adventure or have barbeque dinner indoors.
The overall material used on your grill is highly important especially if you prioritize durability and lifespan.
- Stainless steel is normally the main material used for the grill and rack since it can withstand high temperatures.
- The stainless steel grill and rack are hygienic and more durable than other metals.
- At the same time, the body of the grill should either be made of hard plastic or silicone, these ensure you won’t accidentally burn yourself when handling the grill.
- The main rack or top grill should be non-stick, it is easy to clean, hygienic and ensures quality barbeque every time.
Drip/ Grease Tray
When juices from the meat, fish, vegetable, or chicken you are grilling drips to the charcoal it emits is a wave of smoke that is inconvenient and drowning. Not to mention how frequent grease causes you to burn more charcoal than expected. This is an important factor which decides which grill can make the cut and actually be one of the Best Smokeless Charcoal BBQ UK 2020.
- Smokeless charcoal grills have a built-in or removable drip/grease tray that captures excess fat and fluids to save charcoal and lessen the smoke emitted.
- These grills also help reduce the unnecessary fat content of your food, all the drippings are gathered on their trays giving you a healthier meal.
Smokeless charcoal grills have excellent exhaust systems. These fans not only maintain and adjust the heat of the grill they also deplete smoke by circulating air enough for the smoke emissions to disappear.
- Smokeless charcoal grills also utilize this system to ensure you will not be flooded with endless smoke.
We all crave for a good barbeque every now and then, despite its huge popularity during summer we often want bbq all year round.
- Smokeless charcoal barbeque grills are a great way to enjoy the mouthwatering delicacy anytime whether you are indoors or outdoors. There are tabletop and portable options if you don’t have the space for conventional barbeque grills.
- Performance-wise smokeless charcoal grills can go neck and neck with conventional barbeque grills.
- There is, of course, a compromise you will have to make when substituting the conventional grill for the more safe smokeless grill, and that would be the taste. There is going to be a little difference with the taste.
- Because of the system to reduce smoke the food you grill will not have the same smokey and really charred taste. It is a subtle difference but one you can easily spot especially if you frequently eat barbeques.
- Other than this, the appliance really is convenient and relatively safe compared to the conventional bbq grill.
- When it comes to brands, the LOTUSGRILL is one of the Best Smokeless Charcoal BBQ UK 2020.
Which charcoal is best for barbecue?
The best charcoal is Royal Oak Ridge Briquettes, this charcoal is from a legacy brand and is very reliable. It’ll have your backyard barbeque ready in about 15 minutes. You can depend on this charcoal when cooking your food.
While it can have a tendency to create some smoke, you should invest in a smokeless charcoal grill like Lotusgrill. That way you can get the best of both worlds.
What is the best BBQ to buy UK?
While the conventional gas grill is popular, the trend is shifting towards the more portable and inexpensive Smokeless Charcoal BBQ Grills. These grills eliminate the smoke and hassle. its very easy to operate and can cook your meat to perfection in under 5 minutes. The best smokeless bbq grill would have to be the Klarstein Micro-Q 3131 Charcoal Grill. This grill has the same features as any other good conventional grill. But it’s very easy to operate and maintain.