Magical worlds of Harry Potter or fantastical dragons from the Game of Thrones – books have always helped me imagine a world where anything is possible! Some great books have already come out this year in both fiction and non-fiction genres – so whatever’s your style you’re sorted! Check out our list of the Best Selling Books In UK 2021 for all the details.
Some of these top-selling novels are even movie-worthy (looking at A Delayed Life by Dita Kraus!). Form inspiring works of Charlie Mackesy to a book full of lists, You’ll certainly find amazing works in our list of Best Selling Books In UK 2021.
So, If books are your best friends. Read on. The best part is that almost majority of these books are under 10 quid.
The best selling books in the UK is The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and The Horse. This story of Charlie and three friends have become a cult phenomenon. Not only has it been made it various adaptations but the story alone helps the readers get past times of uncertainty.
|Best Selling Books In UK 2021||Price||Check it out here!|
|The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and The Horse||£6.49||Link|
|Mrs Hinch: The Little Book of Lists||£7.00||Link|
|Pinch of Nom Everyday Light by Kate Allinson & Kay Featherstone||£10.00||Link|
|The Foundling by Stacey Halls||£7.92||Link|
|Three Hours by Rosamund Lupton||£8.64||Link|
|A is for Avocado: An Alphabet Book of Plant Power by Carolyn Suzuki||£6.99||Link|
|A Delayed Life: The True Story of the Librarian of Auschwitz by Dita Kraus||£6.98||Link|
|Joy at Work: The Life-Changing Magic of Organizing Your Working Life by Marie Kondo & Scott Sonenshein||£10.99||Link|
|Baby By Philippa Rice||£11.62||Link|
|Mix Tape by Jane Sanderson||£12.99||Link|
|One August Night||£15.99||Link|
|Mindfulness for Mums by Izzy Judd||£8.78||Link|
|Eat Green by Melissa Hemsley||£12.47||Link|
|A Time for Mercy||£13.07||Link|
|The Thursday Murder Club||£10.04||Link|
- Top 15 Best Selling Books In The UK
- #1 — The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and The Horse
- #2 — Mrs Hinch: The Little Book of Lists
- #3 — Pinch of Nom Everyday Light by Kate Allinson & Kay Featherstone
- #4 — The Foundling by Stacey Halls
- #5 — Three Hours by Rosamund Lupton
- #6 — A is for Avocado: An Alphabet Book of Plant Power by Carolyn Suzuki
- #7 — A Delayed Life: The True Story of the Librarian of Auschwitz by Dita Kraus
- #8 — Joy at Work: The Life-Changing Magic of Organizing Your Working Life by Marie Kondo & Scott Sonenshein
- #9 — Baby By Philippa Rice
- #10 — Mix Tape by Jane Sanderson
- #11 — One August Night
- #12 — Mindfulness for Mums by Izzy Judd
- #13 — Eat Green by Melissa Hemsley
- #14 — A Time for Mercy
- #15 — The Thursday Murder Club
Top 15 Best Selling Books In The UK
#1 — The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and The Horse
This book of hope has been shared online and read to thousands, recreated in school and even made into tattoos. It’s a story about a lonely boy charlie and his three unique friends.
The illustrations alone are worthy of all the accolades this book has received. however, the most important bits are the conversations between the boy and his friends. It a look into life and how to get past times of uncertainty. This beautiful book is the number one Best Selling Book In UK 2021.
- Charlie Mackesy is a popular cartoonist who primarily works for The Spectator and is a renowned book illustrator who is known to collaborate frequently with the Oxford University Press.
- He’s even patterned with Richard Curtis for Comic Relied and collaborated with Nelson Mandela on a lithograph project: The Unity Series.
#2 — Mrs Hinch: The Little Book of Lists
This book is absolutely brilliant. It’s a book filled with only lists. List to clean your house to make your life as amazing as possible. This lovely book with its goals makes you want to look back and smile once you’ve ticked off those boxes.
Not only does it give that extra bit of motivation to wake up and get your household sorted but it also helps you specifically sort your household with wonderful tips, tricks and hacks. It’s definitely one of the Best Selling Books In UK 2021.
- Mrs Hinch is the pseudonym or rather alter ego of popular Instagram influencer Sophie Hinchliffe who is known for her cleaning tips and hacks. She began posting various cleaning routines on her social media account which resulted in a massive fan following.
- In April of 2019, she debuted as an author and her book was crowned the Sunday Times No. 1 bestselling Non-fiction Hardback of the Year.
#3 — Pinch of Nom Everyday Light by Kate Allinson & Kay Featherstone
Why not get through the year with a healthy lifestyle? Pinch of Nom Everyday Light has 100 mouth-watering recipes under 400 calories. Regarded as the best and fastest-selling cookbook, it’s filled with light and vitamin-enriched recipes for any time of day.
It contains recipes for everything you can think of, from chips to pizzas to breakfast cakes. Whether you’re a veteran cook or just starting to explore your passion for cooking, you are sure to enjoy these low-calorie recipes that will definitely wow the crowd!
About the Author:
- Written by Kate Allinson and Kay Featherstone, Pinch of Nom Everyday Light is the latest crowd favourite in the cookbook scene and one of the latest bestselling books.
- As restaurant owners and head chefs, a Pinch of Nom Everyday Light is filled with slimming and healthy recipes that have wowed over 1.5 million followers.
#4 — The Foundling by Stacey Halls
Set in 1754, London, the Foundling follows the mind-bending twists and turns of Bess Bright and her illegitimate daughter Clara. When Bess Bright returns to London’s Foundling Hospital to claim Clara she is stunned to find her daughter missing. Turning her life upside down she must now embark on a journey to unravel the mysteries of her little girl’s disappearance.
A thrilling historical adventure that shows you the strength of a mother’s love. This definitely is definitely one of the Best Selling Books In UK 2021.
About the Author:
- Written by the Sunday Times’ best-selling author of The Familiars, Stacey Halls astonished critics with her newest historical treat. Born in 1989, Stacey Halls grew up in Lancashire where she studied journalism at the University of Central Lancashire.
- She has written for numerous publications including the Guardian and The Independent. Debuting back in 2019, Stacey Halls has kept readers hooked with her historical treats filled with twists and turns.
#5 — Three Hours by Rosamund Lupton
A school filled with unsuspecting students who are fleeing their lives from an unknown shooter forced to endure three hours of high-stake survival. Three Hours by Rosamund Lupton is a pulse-racing novel with intense character build-ups that will leave you rooting for the characters.
Delving into what will push men to kill and discover the mysteries behind a fist-clenching, blizzard-ridden, action-packed novel.
About the Author:
Rosamund Lupton has a reputation for exploring the best and worst side of humanity. Her Sunday Times best-selling novel ‘Sister’ has earned her a steady following of avid book readers who can’t wait for what she has in store next.
#6 — A is for Avocado: An Alphabet Book of Plant Power by Carolyn Suzuki
We all know how picky kids can be when it comes to eating. Leafy greens and vegetables aren’t always enticing for kids. That is why A is for Avocado: An Alphabet Book of Plant Power is a great way to introduce the colourful world of vegetables to our little ones.
Filled with colourful illustrations, it introduces kids to 26 fresh fruits and vegetables from avocados to zucchinis. Each letter is represented by a plant-based product or vegetable with fun facts that aim to show the fun side of vegetables.
About the Author:
- Carolyn Suzuki is a Los Angeles based artist who basks in the colour of diversity and patterns.
- Carolyn owns a cheerful greeting card business for the past 7 years with various cards being sold in Australia, Japan, and the US.
#7 — A Delayed Life: The True Story of the Librarian of Auschwitz by Dita Kraus
You may be familiar with the tale of a Holocaust survivor who smuggled books past Nazi guards. But unlike the Sunday Times best-selling The Librarian of Auschwitz published in 2012 that shone the story through fiction lenses.
A Delayed Life by Dita Kraus is a heart-tugging memoir on the unimaginable trials her life brought her. This is a must-read from the list of the top-selling books in 2021 and my personal favourite!
Dita Kraus tells the story of the horrors she faced during the war and the unflinchingly harsh life she lived in the concentration camps. Follow her tale as she smuggles books through heavily fortified Nazi camps to bring joy and knowledge to her fellow prisoners.
About the Author:
- Dita Kraus was deported at a young age of 13 where eventually she and her family were forced into labour in Nazi concentration camps. She was left alone to fend for herself when her parents passed away.
- The trials and tribulations she faced in the concentration camps unlit Prague’s liberation is the core of her memoir.
#8 — Joy at Work: The Life-Changing Magic of Organizing Your Working Life by Marie Kondo & Scott Sonenshein
If you are an avid fan of lifestyle series or books then you probably have heard of Marie Kondo. In her book Joy at Work, Marie Kondo with Scott Sonenshein, an organizational psychologist, shows you how to tidy up your work life by refocusing your mind and setting priorities.
As another Best Selling Books In UK 2021, This book shows you the step-by-step process of decluttering your workspace and having a better work-life balance.
About the Author:
- Marie Kondo is a Japanese organizing consultant who pioneers in the KonMari method. She has sold thousands of books and sold-out shows, TED talks, and TV specials on her method of decluttering.
- Inspired by Shinto beliefs, the KonMari method allows a person to declutter her space by getting rid of anything that doesn’t “spark joy”.
- Scott Sonenshein is a professor and organizational psychologist who specialized in using methods to examine the thought process of work.
#9 — Baby By Philippa Rice
Baby is the latest heart-warming comic collection from the New Your Times best-selling graphic novelist Philippa Rice. Based on her cherished moments with her baby, the collection is filled with intimate experiences for first-time parents and the joys of raising a newborn infant. Also, this is one of the best selling fiction in 2021 in the UK.
About the Author:
- Philippa Rice is regarded as a multi-talented graphic artist who creates intimate comics about the joys of everyday life.
- She fills her comics with illustrations on the simple ways we show and share our love with others. A New York Times Best Selling graphic artist with numerous collections.
#10 — Mix Tape by Jane Sanderson
We all have that one person that got away, but what if you had a second chance? Would you take it?
Across time zones, oceans, and a lifetime of various experiences Ali and Dan began a romantic exchange of songs that will leave you reminiscent of your own past relationships.
Will they find peace and content in songs? Or will they risk sending messages to pursue the once missed love story?
About the Author:
- Jane Sanderson is a British novelist who first debuted in 2011. Since then she has published numerous novels and sequels that captivate her audience.
- Today with the publishing of her newest novel Mix Tape, bookworms all over Europe can’t wait to sink their teeth into this reminiscent romantic comedy.
#11 — One August Night
One of the more recent releases, One August Night was penned by Victoria Hislop and was released on the 22nd of July. The book is the sequel to The Island that talked about the Leper colony on the island of Spinalonga in Greece.
This sequel to the much loved classic is an absorbing tale of love and jealousy. While it doesn’t revolve entirely around the same story as in The Island, it focuses on the characters hopes and dreams and bases the whole story on a particular tragedy that splinters two families apart. It surely is one of the best selling books in the UK and is available on Amazon in Paperback.
- Victoria Hislop is the author of The Island, one of the few number one paperbacks to slot in the Sunday Times charts for over 8 consecutive weeks. She has a couple of awards to her name for this classic.
- Her books have been translated into well over 20 different languages and some of her famous works are The Return, The Thread, The Sunrise and Carte Postales from Greece and Those Who Are Loved.
#12 — Mindfulness for Mums by Izzy Judd
Being a first-time mum is overwhelming. It can bring you a tremendous amount of joy but leave you feeling drained and out of sync.
Mindfulness for Mums, one of the top paperbacks, is a collection of exercises and activities that help mothers find their peace in the spiralling chaos that is motherhood.
This book includes activities you can do alone and some with your family. Mindfulness for Mums aims to bring the family closer and connect on a new level of calm.
About the Author:
- After the success of her first book, Dare to Dream where she recounts the struggles she faced with fertility. She now offers mothers a way to find some peace of mind with simple activities based on their own experience.
- Izzy Judd highlights the importance of being calm as a mother because she has suffered from anxiety most of her life.
- Motherhood can take a toll on your mental health and that’s why such calming activities are important to keep the family connected and centred.
#13 — Eat Green by Melissa Hemsley
100 recipes that are easy-to-cook using UK-grown ingredients from the best-selling home cook author Melissa Hemsley. The vegetable-packed cookbook aims to help you cut down on cost and food waste while maximizing the flavour of each ingredient.
Chapters that are dedicated to One Pot recipes, Cook Now – Eat Later recipes, and 30 minutes fewer recipes. You are sure to love the recipes by Melissa Hemsley no matter what.
About the Author:
- Melissa Hemsley is a self-taught chef and food columnist. Despite that, she has sold best-selling books and cookbooks that promote sustainability and fair trade food.
- Her books have earned her a reputation and platform for her advocacy in reducing food waste that plagues the world.
#14 — A Time for Mercy
A Time for Mercy is one of John Grisham’s most powerful courtroom drama so far. He brings back fan favorite, Jake Brigance who has recently been appointed attorney for Drew Gamble who is facing the death penalty for murdering a local police officer.
The story has a number of twists that will leave you wondering what more can Jake Brigance do as his career and the security of his family are on the line. It’s a novel that will keep you glued to the pages right to the end and will definitely bring around a flood of emotions.
- John Grisham is a well known author who has worked as an attorney, so most of his courtroom dramas have some level of authenticity and feel to it. His famous novels are The Firm and The Pelican Brief which took the world by storm when they were released.
- He has sold more than 250 million books in over 29 languages around the world and it doesn’t seem like he’s going to slow down any time soon.
#15 — The Thursday Murder Club
The Thursday Murder Club is a Mystery novel written by famous author, producer and television presenter: Richard Osman. The book is about four protaganists in their 70’s that decide to meet every Thursday to solve unsolved cases. However, while they decide to challenge their brain, they are found in the middle of a brutal murder and an actual live case.
With a few tricks up their sleeves and unorthodox methods, follow this comedic gang of 4 as they try to solve this grisly murder in a peaceful retirement village. Elizabeth, Joyce, Ibrahim and Ron will definitely warm your heart and make you laugh at the same time.
About the Author:
- As mentioned earlier, Richard Osman is an author, producer and television presenter. He is produced shows like 8 Out of 10 Cats, Deal Or No Deal and various other shows. He is also know for his regular appearances on Taskmaster, Would I Lie To You and Have I Got News For You.
- Most importantly, he is known for Richard Osman’s House of Games. The Thursday Murder Club happens to be his first crack at writing and is his first novel.
What are best selling books right now?
The best selling books at this point in time would have to be The Boy, The Mole, The Fox and The Horse; Mrs Hinch: The Little Book of Lists and Pinch of Nom Everyday Light by Kate Allinson & Kay Featherstone.
All of these books have been categorized as the best selling based on Amazon Sales/popularity and Goodreads recommendations. Check out our list of the Best Selling Books In UK 2021 for more details.
- The Best Selling Products on Amazon UK 2021
- The Latest and Greatest Gadgets On Amazon UK
- Save Your Precious Time With These Amazon Products
Joanna is a writer, poet, stand-up comedian and holds two master’s in arts and history. She founded Discount-age with the intention of providing her readers with solutions to everyday household problems. During her free time, Joanna loves cooking but usually ends up ordering in.