Going to the salon on a weekly basis to get your must-need waxing and threading done can get difficult when you have a busy schedule. Unfortunately, permanent solutions like laser hair removal can be painful and heavy on the pocket. However, there are safer and cheaper devices that effectively help remove that unwanted hair in the comfort of your abode. Check out our list of Best IPL Hair Removal Devices UK for more details.
Intense Pulsed Light (IPL) is a modern method of hair removal that is comparatively less painful than laser hair removal. IPL kills the root of the hair over time with continuous use. Although it not as effective as laser treatment, It is definitely a cheaper and healthier alternative than laser treatments.
Although IPL Hair Removal devices are one of the best hair care devices, choosing the best can get quite daunting. So, we curated a list of the best IPL hair removal devices from professional salon standard devices to pocket-sized wonders. Here’s our list of the Best IPL Hair Removal Devices UK.
After reviewing close to 75 IPL Hair Removal Devices based on various factors like design, features, functionality, performance and price. My team and I zeroed in on 8 that really stood out. We put these through various stress tests to determine the best. We found that:
The Braun Silk·expert Pro 5 is one of the best IPL hair removal devices in the UK. This safe and effective machine removes undesirable hair in under 4 weeks. Initially, the user can expect a lighter shade of hair. And on the 4th week, the user can expect semi-permanent results of zero hair. This device automatically adapts to skin tone to ensure optimal balance between efficacy and safety for visible permanent hair removal
- Best IPL Hair Removal Devices UK
- #1 — Braun Silk·expert Pro 5 PL5014
- #2 — Philips Lumea Advanced IPL Hair Removal Device
- #3 — Silk’n Infinity Smooth IPL Removal Device
- #4 — Iluminage Touch ELOS Quartz Permanent Hair Removal System
- #5 — Panasonic ES-WH90 Cordless IPL Hair Removal System
- #6 — No!No! Pro Hair Removal Device
- #7 — Sensilight Pro IPL Hair Removal Device
- #8 — SmoothSkin Bare Plus IPL Hair Removal
Best IPL Hair Removal Devices UK
#1 — Braun Silk·expert Pro 5 PL5014
The Braun IPL is one of the most powerful IPL in the market, it gives you the closest results to permanent hair removal in just four weeks and it turns the remaining hair into a lighter shade that is barely visible. It’s definitely one of the Best IPL Hair Removal Devices UK.
- The SensoAdapt sensor technology automatically reads your skin tone and adapts the intensity accordingly with 10 different levels.
- Stamp Technique can be used for excellent precision hair removal for doing your upper lip and cheeks.
- Glide technique can do your entire body in a matter of minutes, perfect for that sudden party invites where you have no time to go to the saloon.
What’s in it for you?
It automatically and continuously adapts to your skin tone to ensure optimal balance between efficacy and safety for visible permanent hair removal.
- The Braun IPL is one of the best in the market that shows results in just four weeks.
- The device is built around the Sensoadapt technology that automatically reads your skin tone and adjusts the intensity to suit you for the best results.
#2 — Philips Lumea Advanced IPL Hair Removal Device
The Philips Lumea is an all-rounder IPL hair removal device that ensures the removal of all the unwanted hair with its smart features and custom program for every part of the body. It comes with useful attachments for face, body, and precision areas like underarms and bikini lines to get you ready for the beach this summer.
- SmartSkin sensor technology is used to automatically set the intensity based on skin type to ensure the best results with minimal pain. Perfect for people with sensitive skin that bruces easily.
- It automatically checks the suitability for use as a type of safety check and will not work unless the IPL head is placed firm and flat against your skin.
- The in-built battery is fully charged within an hour and a half and then can be used corded or cordless for easy movement.
What’s in it for you?
The Philips Lumea can be used with two styles – individual flashes for precision areas or by holding down on the button and sliding the device down the areas letting it removal hair as it moves.
- The Philips Lumea can do it all and more as the device is built around the smart skin sensor technology that can automatically adapt to your skin type.
- The device has an in-built battery that allows it to be used in a cordless mode that can last up to an hour.
- Safety has been taken into high consideration by attaching a sensor on the head of the device that does not activate unless its firm and flat against the skin.
#3 — Silk’n Infinity Smooth IPL Removal Device
The Silk’n Infinity might look compact and small but don’t let the size fool you. This powerful IPL uses 400,000 light pulses to give you efficient and permanent results. It widens the pores for light to penetrate deeper into the hair follicles simultaneously working on your skin to improve skin texture.
- The device has five power settings that combine both galvanic and low energy pulsed optical energy that makes the device comfortable to use on all skin tones.
- The pulse and glide method can easily do your entire body in less than 20 minutes making it quick and efficient.
- The Device has been clinically tested and patented with EHPL technology for body and face.
What’s in it for you?
The Silk’n infinity connects via Bluetooth to an app where you can determine the treatment plans and set up a hair removal schedule. so you are on track with your body and remain hair-free.
- The Silk’n infinity is a compact IPL device that uses 400,000 light pulses to remove hair for permanent results.
- The device has five power setting that adjusts according to your skin to avoid any chance of bruises and burns.
- The device is clinically tested and patented with EHPL technology for skin safety.
#4 — Iluminage Touch ELOS Quartz Permanent Hair Removal System
The Iluminage Touch removes hair by de-fuzzing it effectively and safely with a combination of intense pulsed light and radiofrequency for gentle and pain-free permanent hair removal. With the glide feature, you can remove hair from your entire body by gliding the device in just 30 minutes.
- The IPL heats the hair follicle in the selected area while simultaneously the radio frequency prevents future growth.
- It can be used on all skin tones and has three different intensity levels to choose from that suits you best.
- The Iluminage Touch is clinically proven to be effective on the widest range of hair colours, even on blond, dark blond, and red hair.
What’s in it for you?
The Iluminage Touch hair removal technology is so effective that you can see 46% of all hair removed in just two treatments and up to 94% hair reduction after 7 weeks.
- The Iluminage Touch uses a new technology that combines pulsed lights and radiofrequency to remove hair.
- It heats hair follicles in the specific area while the radiofrequency prevents future growth.
- It has 3 different intensity levels to adjust to your comfort and is effective on all types of skin and hair colour.
#5 — Panasonic ES-WH90 Cordless IPL Hair Removal System
The Panasonic ES-WH90 is made to compact and convenient with its cordless design. It specializes in the removal of in-growing hair and has five intensity settings to reduce in-hair growth in just eight weeks. The device doubles as both a hair removal device and to enhance complexion making it the most versatile IPL hair removal device on our list.
- The skin enhancer mode stimulates the shedding of dead skin giving your skin a healthy and natural glow.
- There are five flash intensity settings, so you can adjust the flash intensity level to suit your skin tone.
- The skin brightening effect can clearly be seen on dark age spots that were lightened and have drastically faded.
What’s in it for you?
This IPL hair removal device has an ergonomic body design and is light in weight, making it easy to treat hard to reach areas such as underarms and bikini. The device is fully charged in 3 hours and can cover the entire body in just 15 mins.
- The Panasonic ES-WH90 is the most versatile IPL hair removal device on our list as it not only removes hair but all enhances complexion by stimulating the shedding of dead skin.
- It has 5 intensity setting that you can adjust to best suit your skin to prevent any harm to the skin.
#6 — No!No! Pro Hair Removal Device
The No! No! Pro made it to our list from being the most compact and travel-friendly hair removal device. It uses thermodynamic wires to transmit heat to the hair which crystallizes it, just run wet wipe over the area to leave your skin soft and smooth. The device is really helpful to carry for international travel so you don’t need to interrupt your treatment no matter where you go.
- There are three treatment levels that can be adjusted and to suit any skin tone or hair type.
- It has an LCD screen fitted to display the battery level indicator and to adjust the heat intensity level making it convenient for anyone to use.
- The head or window of the device can be used at any angle for both body and face.
What’s in it for you?
This IPL hair removal device uses innovative Thermicon wire technology that transmits heat to the hair and down to the follicle to gently and effectively remove body hair.
- The No! No! Pro is a compact IPL hair removal device that comes with 3 treatment levels that can be adjusted to suit your skin tone.
- It has an LCD display that indicates the battery level and heat intensity making to user friendly.
- The head of the IPL is omnidirectional making it comfortable to use on both body and face.
#7 — Sensilight Pro IPL Hair Removal Device
The Sensilight Pro is designed like a blow dryer for comfortable grip and precision. It uses Reactive Pulsed Light technology that gives your skin a salon glow every time. Flashes of light penetrate the skin layer and are absorbed by the pigment in the hair shaft, which heats the hair follicles reducing hair growth.
- Sensilight Pro is sure to last you a lifetime as it comes with an unlimited amount of flashes for constant use.
- The IPL device has 6 different energy levels to choose from to give you a personalized treatment experience.
- The Automatic Glide mode is really helpful while treating a large surface like your legs where the latter setting will ensure you won’t have to continuously hold down on the button.
What’s in it for you?
There is a precision tip attachment included that can be used on areas that require extra precision like chin, jawline, and upper lip giving you the professional salon feel and results when using it.
- If you are looking for a professional standard IPL device the Sensilight Pro checks off the list as it uses Reactive Pulsed Light technology for hair removal.
- The auto glide feature allows you to cover large areas without the need to hold down on the button making it user friendly.
- It can provide an unlimited amount of flashes with 6 different energy levels making it really sturdy that can last you a lifetime.
#8 — SmoothSkin Bare Plus IPL Hair Removal
The Smooth Skin Bare Plus made it to our list for being the fastest IPL hair remover with an impressive 100 flashes per minute. The device has a glide mode that allows you to move it up and down quickly over your skin which is ideal for underarms. It also has a stamp mode for areas that require precision. This device is ideal for people who are on-the-go as you can cover your entire body in just 5 mins.
- It has an in-built sensor that checks your skin tone and will only activate if it’s safe for your skin, protecting your pigments from damage.
- The device has 30% extra energy compared to its previous version, giving you even better results on stubborn areas like your underarms and bikini line.
- This device is suitable for skin tones 1 to 5, and those with naturally brown or black hair. It’s one of the best personal care products in the market.
What’s in it for you?
Unlike other IPL hair removal devices that can really be time-consuming, the Smooth Skin Bare Plus can put out an impressive 100 flashes per minute which can do your entire body in a matter of minutes.
- The Smooth Skin Bare Plus is the fastest IPL hair remover on our list. It has the ability to check your skin tone and will activate only if it is suitable for your skin.
- It’s best suited for people on-the-go as it takes just five mins to cover the entire body.
- The device works with 30% extra energy giving you excellent results on difficult areas like bikini lines and underarms.
What to consider when buying an IPL hair removal device?
Although and IPL hair removal device is considered safe and effective. There are some factors you need to consider before investing in one. However, it is also fundamental to invest in devices from reliable and trustworthy brands with years behind them. This is important as using an IPL device from a bad brand can result in redness, burn and blisters. Anyway, here are some other important factors to consider:
Flashes and Intensity of the Light
- The number of times the IPL hair removal device emits light is extremely important. It needs to be able to last a minimum of 100,00. Of course, really good devices last virtually forever while some come with replacements bulbs.
- While the longevity of the device is important. the intensity of the flash is extremely important as it directly related to the effectiveness. The stronger the light the faster it can kill the hair follicle and if the intensity is weaker then it’ll take a long time. However, it is also important devices that are really strong as it can end up burning your skin.
Speeds and Modes
- Speed or rather the frequency of the flashes are actually extremely important. The shorter the interval between each flashes the more effective the hair removal process.
- Modes refer to the various features that will help you remove your hair. These features are usually tailored to different skin types and contours. There are even gentle modes for sensitive skin and areas. So,e even automatically adjust the intensity based on skin tone.
Are IPL Hair Removal Devices Worth it?
Yes, IPL Hair Removal Devices are worth it. Be it in terms of cost or in terms of safety, IPL devices are the best. It can effectively help remove your hair without causing damage. Especially, devices like SmoothSkin Bare Plus IPL Hair Removal and Panasonic ES-WH90 Cordless IPL Hair Removal System can not only remove hair but they also rejuvenate your skin. Check out our list of Best IPL Hair Removal Devices UK for more details.
- These Human Hair Wigs Will Make Your Jaw Drop
- The Most Amazing Things On Amazon UK
- Save Time With These Convenient Household Products