While I love espressos and lattes, I’ve always had a special place in my hard for filter coffee. Don’t get me wrong, espressos are unique and a good coffee machine can bring out the essence of the bean. However, it contains too much acidity. Filter coffee on the other hand is sweet and mild and can get me through a day with ease. And the best filter coffee is prepared using the best filter coffee machine. Check out our list of the Best Filter Coffee Machines UK.
Unlike espressos, filter coffee isn’t extracted using water pressure. The water blends with the ground coffee and drips down only with the help of gravity. While manually preparing filter coffee is the best, a good drip filter coffee machine can save you the time and energy.
However, not all filter coffee machines are good. So, we’ve compiled a list of the best of the best. Here’s our guide on the Best Filter Coffee Machines UK.
After having reviewed over 100 filter coffee machines based on various factors like design, function, performance, features and price, My team and I at Discount Age zeroed in on 5 that really stood out. These 5 were further put through a series of stress tests to determine the best. We found that:
The best filter coffee machine in the UK is the Melitta Filter Coffee Machine with Insulated Jug. It has a beautiful robust design with a jug that can not only provide 12 cups of coffee but also keep it warm for 2 hours. It also has other unique features such as a descaling feature and aroma selector.
- Best Filter Coffee Machines UK
- #1 — Melitta Filter Coffee Machine with Insulated Jug
- #2 — Russell Hobbs Buckingham Filter Coffee Machine
- #3 — Swan 750ml Programmable Coffee Maker with Anti Drip Function
- #4 — De’Longhi Filter Coffee Machine ICM15210.1
- #5 — Morphy Richards Pour Over Filter Coffee Maker
- What are the best filter coffee machines?
Best Filter Coffee Machines UK
#1 — Melitta Filter Coffee Machine with Insulated Jug
The Melitta Filter Coffee Machine with Insulated Jug is currently the Best Filter Coffee Machines UK. Not only does it have a brilliant design but it is also equipped with tons of features that will blow your mind. You can easily control the strength of the coffee as well.
- This filter coffee machine comes with a brilliant device. It is quite robust but it doesn’t take too much space. The machine has an LED screen along with some button to control the various functions and features. The Jug, on the other hand, is Insulated and is extremely sturdy.
- Unlike the majority of the filter coffee machines out there this one is popular primarily due to the fact that it can keep the coffee warm for 2 hours without the need for a hot plate.
- It comes with a timer feature and can even detect the water hardness level. Most importantly, it has a descaling program which can remove the limescale and improve the quality of the coffee.
This filter coffee machine comes with a patented flavour selector that can adjust the strength of the coffee. It also has an aroma selector function that can ensure the best taste without having to buy expensive coffee or water.
#2 — Russell Hobbs Buckingham Filter Coffee Machine
Russell Hobbs is a legacy brand that is known to make some of the finest household appliances in the UK. And the Russell Hobbs Buckingham Filter Coffee Machine happens to be one of the best selling coffee brands in the market. Unlike most of the other coffee machines, it comes with its own permanent filter (removable/washable). It’s one of the Best Filter Coffee Machines UK.
- With a 1.25-litre capacity jug, you can prepare up to ten cups of coffee at any given time. This filter coffee machine also has a water level indicator and buttons to pour and pause. Additionally, this device has a blue light ring that will light up when it is brewing and when the keep warm function is on.
- It is equipped with an amazing heating element that can help speed up the process of preparing the coffee. According to manufacturers, it can reach the optimum temperature by 50% faster than another coffee machine.
- As mentioned earlier, it comes with a permanent filter that can be removed and wash but it also does have the provision for filter papers.
This coffee machine makes use of a showerhead technology which ensures that all the coffee grains are utilized. It also ensures that the essence and taste are wrung out.
#3 — Swan 750ml Programmable Coffee Maker with Anti Drip Function
The Swan 750ml Programmable Coffee Maker with Anti Drip Function is perfect for the old-timers who want the speed and taste but who also want the ease of use. It’s one of the Best Filter Coffee Machines UK.
- This coffee machine has a capacity of 750ml and can easily fill 5-6 cups. It is also equipped with a bright LCD timer that is easily visible.
- It has safety features like automatic shut-off that will keep you and your house safe, in case you forget to turn it off. This coffee machine will automatically kick in after two hours of inactivity.
Although this coffee machine is simple it has good features like a 24-hour delay, an anti-drip function and a boil dry protection feature. Most importantly, it has a warming plate that can keep the coffee warm for up to two hours.
#4 — De’Longhi Filter Coffee Machine ICM15210.1
It’s not really that surprising that De’Longhi has managed to find it’s way on to this list. This Italian brand makes some of the best coffee machines on this planet. The De’Longhi Filter Coffee Machine ICM15210.1 for example is a quality product that not only has a compact and beautiful design but also features that will make your jaw drop.
- This coffee machine is absolutely beautiful. So, much so that it can easily elevate the ambience of the kitchen. The various components are made from the finest material. For example, the carafe is made from really good quality glass.
- This coffee machine can fill up to 10 cups and has good features like an anti-drip. The hot plat can keep it warm for 40 minutes after brewing.
- Cleaning is, unfortunately, going to be a hassle as it doesn’t come with auto-clean technology. You will have to do it manually and also replace filters all the time.
While most of the features as such isn’t as good as most of the coffee machines out there, this device made it onto this list primarily due to the exceptional taste. Due to its design, it can elevate the taste of even the crappiest of coffees.
#5 — Morphy Richards Pour Over Filter Coffee Maker
The Morphy Richards Pour Over Filter Coffee Maker is honestly one of the best coffee machines on the planet. They’ve managed to incorporate the manual aspect of pour-over coffee into a machine. So, you basically have a machine that can prepare the best pour-over coffee. This results in a smooth and rich flavour.
- This coffee machine is quite robust and will take a considerable amount of space. It can prepare 12 cups of coffee at a given time. It also has a reusable cupcake shaped filter which allows water to evenly flow through the coffee resulting in a smooth taste.
- It injects water in small amounts to let the coffee “bloom”. It basically allows for the formation of a slight amount of carbon dioxide that extracts the flavour of the coffee.
It is equipped with a programmable timer and a strength selector which a decent range.
What are the best filter coffee machines?
The best filter coffee machines in the UK would be Melitta Filter Coffee Machine with Insulated Jug, Russell Hobbs Buckingham Filter Coffee Machine and Aicok Filter Coffee Machine. These filter coffee machines not only have a beautiful design but they also come with amazing features at an affordable price. Check out our list of the Best Filter Coffee Machines UK for more details.
- These Instant Coffee Brands Will Blow Your Mind
- Amazing Kettles Of All Time
- Prep Your Food Easily With These Food Processors
Best Filter Coffee Machines UK
Looking for good coffee machines? Check out our list of the Best Filter Coffee Machines UK for more details.
Product SKU: FCM1029
Product Brand: Melitta
Product Currency: GBP
Product Price: 37
Product In-Stock: https://schema.org/InStock