Smoked duck is one of my favourite dishes and naturally, I love to recreate the same recipe in my restaurant. For smoked duck, you first need to stick it in the smoker. I used to have a gas smoker then and the problem with gas smokers is that you need to babysit for temperature control and plus it takes a long time. So when looking for alternatives on the internet I found electric smokers. Check out our guide on Best Electric Smokers UK for all the details.
Electric smokers are way reliable, safer to use, and you can manually set the temperature for the perfect meat. Ever since I’ve started using the Bradley Smart Smoker, I don’t think I want to smoke meat any other way. What I love about this electric smoker is that I can control it using my smartphone via Bluetooth!
Of course, I did find a whole bunch other good options for best electric smokers as well. I tried and tested all of them and curated the best Electric smokers for you guys! Here’s my list of the Best Electric Smokers UK.
After reviewing 100 kettles based on various factors like design, performance, functionality, capacity and much more, my team and I at Discount Age Zeroed in on 8 that really stood out. These 8 were further put through a series of stress tests to determine the best. We found that:
The best electric smoker in the UK is Royal Catering. Not only does it have a massive 147-litre holding capacity that can fit a whole cut of meat or fish but it can also cook it extremely fast with a powerful 1000 Watt heating element. Additionally, it cooks the meat in a safe and healthy manner.
- Best Electric Smokers UK
- #1 — Royal Catering RCRO-1300
- #2 — Bradley Smart Smoker with iSmoke Technology – BS916EU
- #3 — MasterBuilt MES140B Large Digital Electric Smoker
- #4 — Royal Catering RCRO-870
- #5 — Callow Retail Digital Electric Smoker
- #6 — EuroSmoker Electric Smoker
- #7 — Anuka Electric Hot Smoker
- #8 — OutdoorCook New Electric Fish and Meat Smoker
- Char-Broil Deluxe Digital Electric Smoker
- Smoke Hollow SH19079518 Electric Smoker
- How to Choose the best electric smoker
Best Electric Smokers UK
#1 — Royal Catering RCRO-1300
The Royal Catering RCRO-1300 is a premium smoker made to cater to large groups. It has a 147-liter holding capacity with a powerful 1000 Watt heating element. It offers enough space to cook anything from a whole large cut of meat to a complete fish. It can be hung using the help of the hooks provided or laid flat on the 8 shelves. It’s one of the Best Electric Smokers UK.
- If you’re looking for a versatile smoker where the meat can be cooked vertically and horizontally, this one can do both with some space left to throw some veggies.
- 147-litre large holding capacity is perfect for cooking for large groups and family occasions.
- The 1000-watt high-quality heating element comes to the desired temperature in no time and provides the option to keep the meat warm.
What’s in it for you
The grease that is produced from the meat while smoking is collected in a tray that protects the firebox and the surface it’s on avoiding any contamination making it easy to clean once done using the smoker.
- The Royal Catering RCRO-1300 is a large 147-litre capacity holding smoker built with a stainless steel body perfect for large gatherings.
- It has high-quality heating elements that come to heat in no time.
- A removable tray at the bottom makes it easy to clean the grease accumulated avoiding any decolouring to the floor.
#2 — Bradley Smart Smoker with iSmoke Technology – BS916EU
The BBS916U is the latest release from the well known Bradley Smoker company and is one of the most sophisticated smokers out in the market. It has a stainless steel door with clamps and a strong seal made of silicone securing the door from any leakage.
- It comes with two probes that can monitor the temperature continuously making sure your meat is smoked to perfection.
- A high-quality touch-sensitive display on the smoker shows the temperature of both the probes giving you absolute control over the smoking process.
- The smart sensors are a huge advantage, the inner computer will automatically detect when the machine is running low on briquettes and add the needed amount. It’s one of the Best Electric Smokers UK
What’s in it for you
Control the smoker while you are away with your Bluetooth-enabled smartphones in real-time as well as from the touch screen control centre.
- The BBS916U from Bradley Smoker is the latest in smoker technology, it comes in a stainless body with a silicone seal to secure the door.
- It has ample space that can hold up to 10 racks making it easy to handle large portions of meat.
- It has a high-quality touch screen that allows you to control both heating probes inside giving absolute control over the smoker.
#3 — MasterBuilt MES140B Large Digital Electric Smoker
The Masterbuilt is a world-renowned brand that is known for making excellent electric appliances for grilling and smoking. The MES140B is one such smoker with a large cooking surface of 6,200 square cm making it a great choice for large families. It’s one of the Best Electric Smokers UK
- The interior is separated by four chrome-plated racks allowing you to grill and smoke while chicken and turkey.
- It has a digital panel fitted on the top of the grill, providing simple controls to use the smokers. Also a 24-hour timer for slow cooking meat.
- A removable drip tray allows easy cleaning of the grease after using the electric smoker.
What’s in it for you
This Smoker uses a patented side wood chip loading system that allows you to blend flavoured wood chips without reopening the grill door so you can maintain the temperature inside.
- The Masterbuilt MES140B is a state of the art grill and smoker with a solid and durable build.
- It has a large cooking surface of 6,200 square cm making it an excellent choice for large family gatherings.
- The interiors are wide-spaced to fit whole chickens and large cuts of red meat.
#4 — Royal Catering RCRO-870
This beast from the royal catering company sets a new standard for other electric appliance brands. The RCRO-870 has a holding capacity of 70 liters with a 1000-watt heating element making it one of the most powerful electric smokers.
- It can provide a heat setting between 0 – 110 degrees for all your slow-cooking needs with an adjustable timer up to 120 minutes.
- If you are looking for a smaller option from the RCRP-1300 the 870 is perfect for backyard parties.
- Anti-slip feet grips at the bottom of the smoker provide excellent support and grip when using the smoker outdoors.
- 70-liter holding capacity is split into four portions that can smoke whole chickens and meat without a problem.
What’s in it for you
A timer is provided to control the cooking time for up to 2 hours, an alarm will go off to signal and inform you that the set time has elapsed. Making sure your meat is cooked just the way you like it.
- The Royal Catering RCRO-870 is the smaller version of the RCRO-1300 with a 70-litre holding tank and 1000-watts of heating power.
- It can smoke meats between 0 – 110 degrees with a timer for the perfect cook time.
- It has anti-slip grippers at the bottom of the grill for excellent outdoor support and grip.
#5 — Callow Retail Digital Electric Smoker
The Callow Digital Electric Smoker is an excellent option to smoke and cook small portions of food for your family. Ideally used in-doors this smoker comes with a 9.5-litre holding capacity with a three-tiered rack that makes enough space to smoke your fillets, cuts of meat, and assorted vegetables.
- If you’re looking for a compact smoker to use at home this one will do just right.
- This innovative smoker gives you the option to hot smoke, cold smoke, or do a combination of both.
- Simple to use control panel fitted with a timer and LED display will help you smoke your food without delay and precision.
What’s in it for you
Compared to the other smokers the Callow digital electric smoker consumes very little energy with the same results as a professional smoker. Making it ideal for small homes.
- The Callow Digital Electric Smoker is a 9.5-litre holding compact smoker for both indoor and outdoor use.
- It has a three-tiered rack spacing to make it easy to smoke different meats at the same time.
- An easy to use control panel with a LED display helps smoke the food to your liking.
#6 — EuroSmoker Electric Smoker
The EuroSmoker electric smoker is a massive holding smoker with well-insulated interiors. The doors are made of glass that is transparent to have a view of the smoking process without having to open it.
- It has a drip tray at the bottom to prevent grease from falling out and discolouring the floor.
- If you’re looking for an affordable large holding smoker, this one is definitely wallet-friendly when compared to the others.
- Solid steel built with double insulated interiors helps keep the heat inside and decreases the time to smoke the meat.
- A super heat resistant transparent door removes the need of looking into the smoker to check on the meat. Avoiding any heat loss.
What’s in it for you
It has an in-built temperature indicator and heat regulator that work hand in hand to help you set the smoker to the exact temperature for perfectly smoked meat every time.
- The EuroSmoker is a large holding smoker with a solid metal body with well-insulated interiors.
- It comes with a transparent door to monitor the smoking process with a removable drip tray that accumulates the fat and grease making it easy to clean and use the unit.
#7 — Anuka Electric Hot Smoker
The Anuka Electric Hot Smoker is a versatile smoker ideal for home use. It can cold and hot smoke meat making the smoking process much faster as it smokes while it cooks.
- A 500W heating element provides a considerable range of temperatures.
- It comes with two large-sized racks where the heat is distributed evenly for the best smoking results.
- It includes a timer that helps you to preset the smoking time. So It will automatically shut off when this time elapses and avoid any chance of over-cooked meat.
- It is equipped with two smoking trivets to collect any fat and grease that may be dripping from the smoked food.
What’s in it for you
One of the common problems with smokers is the fact the smoked food gets stuck to the surface which is hard to clean. With this smoker, it won’t be a problem as it is made with a gleaming aluminium base that can be cleaned easily.
- The Anuka Electric Hot Smoker is a compact and versatile smoker with a 500W heating element in a stain-free aluminium body.
- It has two large racks for cold and hot smoking of large cuts of meat, which helps decrease the amount of time to smoke and cook the meat.
#8 — OutdoorCook New Electric Fish and Meat Smoker
The OutdoorCook Electric Smoker is another large holding smoker, the same size when compared to the Eurosmoker. It is made from galvanized steel which makes it light in weight without compromising on durability.
- It has a 240v/AC heating element that can hot and cold smoke meat making it possible to control the heat in the smoker. If you are looking for a lightweight large holding electric smoker this one is the lightest of them all.
- 80cm height and 40cm width provide ample space for five hooks and 4 racks to cook at the same time.
- The complete body is made from galvanized steel that is rustproof and super light making the complete weight of the smoker 12kg.
What’s in it for you
It is possible to hot smoke and cold smoke at the same time with the Outdoor cook smoker making it possible to smoke the meat while it’s getting cooked which drastically reduces the cooking time.
- The OutdoorCook electric smoker is a large holding lightweight smoker with a single heating element of 240v/AC.
- It can hot and cold smoke meat while cooking it, saving time and energy.
- The total weight of the smoker is 12kgs thanks to the galvanized steel making it easy to set up and move around.
Char-Broil Deluxe Digital Electric Smoker
- Char-Broil digital electric smoker is one of the best electric smokers you’ll ever find. It’s equipped with an advanced control panel with an easy-read, and blue LED display.
- It comes with a remote control to adjust temperature to comfort your room and also tell you when the smoker needs to be turned off.
- It also comes with a glass door and stainless steel, that allows you to see the bbq easily. Also the dual-tone finish looks really amazing.
- Char-broil electric is insulated and has a double-wall construction.
- Advanced control panel with an easy-read, and blue LED display
- Remote control to adjust temperature
- Glass door and stainless steel
- Insulated and has a double-wall construction
Smoke Hollow SH19079518 Electric Smoker
- This is a very good electric smoker with a fully-insulated smoker body and also has three chrome-coated smoking racks.
- Smoke Hollow electric smoker has an integrated thermostat temperature control for even, consistent smoking.
- It also has a digital panel that controls on/off, temperature, and time that tells you how much time is left for smoking and when you should switch it off and on.
- fully-insulated smoker body
- three chrome-coated smoking racks
- digital panel controls on/off, temperature, and time
How to Choose the best electric smoker
- Size & capacity: A lot of electric smokers appear bulky but they aren’t really that big in reality. Do check out the width and the number of the racks in the electric smoker before purchasing it. A 40″ model is perfect for smoking full rack ribs for a family of 4.
- Easy to Clean: Your electric smoker should be easy to clean because if it’s tough it’d be left unclean which can affect the longevity and the fun of an eclectic smoker. Look for dishwasher friendly components of the electric smoker.
- Temperature stability: Most electric smokers can now be monitored on your smartphones. They are equipped with temperature probes, and some have wireless thermostats. Check for the power ratings (watt), external temperature, type of insulation and if it has sealed integrated doors. These are the main things to notice that ensure stability of your electric smoker.
- Features: Pay attention to features like digital control panel, internal and external temperature, meat probes included, bluetooth connectivity etc. Read the latest reviews and also the instruction manual before buying an electric smoker.
- Performance and effectiveness: Performance matters a lot. The power determines the heating and temperature, how long the heat can stay and the amount of food it can take in at once. The best electric smokers are often with 800 watts power but might be a little pricey to run. So, any electric smoker ranging from 500 and 1500 watt is a good one.
- Drip and Water Pan Quality: Make sure the drip and water man are of good quality , made to fit, easy access and clean. Most of them are made with disposable aluminium baking pans which aren’t great for water dripping.
Advantages of Electric smoker
- Electric smokers have an auto-turn off setting so you can enjoy it without having to worry about your meat.
- It also has cold smoking settings for different types of meat like bacon and cheese.
- It doesn’t create excess smoke that takes place due to charcoal.
- It’s more environmentally friendly than using a charcoal smoker.
How do electric smokers work?
The electric smokers work in a very easy and simplistic manner. Heat the cooking chamber where the air circulates via convection. Electric smokers have controles to change the flow of electricity and have a small vent to control internal temperature. It works like an oven but with smoke.
Are electric smokers as good as charcoal?
Electric smokers are not as good as charcoal smokers if you’re looking for authentic taste as well as flavour. However, it’s really good if you’re looking for a smoker that’s easy to clean and maintain, easy to fire up and does a decent job then you can definitely pick a charcoal smoker.
How do electric smokers make smoke?
Electric smokers make smoke by electricity that heats up the base element of the smoker. Wood chips are placed above the heating base which produces the smoke.
How do you clean an electric smoker?
Avoid using a lot of cleanser and water to clean your smoker. Wipe the surface after usage, remove the burnt food remains and other dirt collection from the electric smoker. Keep the heater dry to avoid mold formation. You can also use videos online to guide you on cleaning your electric smoker.
Are electric smokers any good?
Electric smokers are amazing. Not only can these smokers cook huge batches of meat but they also do it in an extremely safe manner. There is no excessive smoke or fuel leakage. These smokers also cook meat in a much healthier fashion. Without any open flames and smoke, it actually reduces the smoking time. Most importantly it’s extremely affordable. It’s one of the Best Electric Smokers UK.
- Eat Healthy With These Electric Pressure Cookers
- These Rice Cookers Can Cook Any Type of Grain
- Top Coffee Machines that deliver a fine cup of Joe
Joanna is a writer, poet, stand-up comedian and holds two master’s in arts and history. She founded Discount-age with the intention of providing her readers with solutions to everyday household problems. During her free time, Joanna loves cooking but usually ends up ordering in.