You’d be surprised but Electric Carving Knives were extremely popular in Great Britain way back in the ’70s. That being said they’ve still managed to make a comeback. Equipped with the latest technology. these beasts can easily cut a thick slab of meat in seconds. I’ve personally benefited from these kitchen appliances when I had broken my wrist. Check out our list of the Best Electric Carving Knives UK for all the details.
|Best Electric Carving Knives UK
|Russell Hobbs Electric Carving Knife
|Best For Low Budgets
|Best For Thick Meats
|Cuisinart CEK-40 Electric Knife
|Judge JEA76 Electric Knife
|Princess 2952 Silver Electric Knife
|Black+Decker 9-Inch Electric Carving Knife
|Best Serrated Blade
Related: Check out our list of the Best Kitchen Gadgets on Amazon UK!
Electric carving knives come with two parallel serrated blades that move horizontally, essentially creating a sawing-like function. This is extremely useful if you want to cut thick steaks, hard cartilage or any other hardy vegetables. People have even used this device for ice-sculpting, and cutting wood and metal. However, it is extremely beneficial to those who have arthritis or wrists and arm related issues.
Related: Check out our list of the Best Knife Sharpener UK!
The latest electric carving knives come with various safety features. They also happen to be extremely affordable these days. So, we’ve put together a list of the best of the Best Electric Carving Knives UK.
After reviewing 50 electric carving knives based on various factors like design, effectiveness, performance, features and price, my team and I zeroed in on 5 that really stood out. These 5 were further put through tests to determine the best. We found that:
The best electric carving knife in the UK is the Princess 2952 Silver Electric Knife. It has a brilliant ergonomic design that takes the stress off the user’s wrist. It also has a rotatable handle that lets the user set the slicing angle.
- Best Electric Carving Knives UK
Best Electric Carving Knives UK
Russell Hobbs Electric Carving Knife
If your looking to cut really thick pieces of meat then this carving knife is your best bet. The Russell Hobbs Electric Carving Knife is equipped with a 203mm serrated blade that can cut through even the toughest of meats. It’s one of the Best Electric Carving Knives UK.
- Additionally, it’s ergonomic grip will ensure that you can comfortably do the job for as long as you like. All the control buttons also happen to be placed near the thumb. So, you can control it with ease.
- With over 50 years of legacy behind them, Russel Hobbs is definitely one of the best brands when it comes to kitchenware.
Even this simple electric carving knife is equipped with power and quality to last for a long time.
The Tower T19003 is one of the best electric carving knives in the market. With twin stainless steel serrated blades that are powered by a powerful 180W motor, this kitchen appliance can cut through even the thickest of meats in minutes. It’s one of the Best Electric Carving Knives UK.
- This electric carving knife is quite compact. However, this is not a detriment. In fact, a short blade that’s powered by such a powerful motor ensures you can cut through meat without any resistance. And this is applicable to both cooked and frozen meat.
- Although I’ve used it for less than a week, I am impressed with the safety features and the ergonomic design. I can easily grip the handle. Even at high speeds. Most importantly, it comes with a release switch for safety.
This Tower T19003 electric carving knife is extremely easy to maintain and is dishwasher friendly. It also happens to be quiet, which is amazing considering the high powered motor.
Cuisinart CEK-40 Electric Knife
Featuring state of the art technology and materials, the Cuisinart CEK-40 Electric Knife is one of the best electric knives when it comes to performance. The durable stainless steel blades can easily make short work of meat, thick bread loaves and hard vegetables. It also comes with a wooden butcher block/storage tray.
- The handle is ergonomically designed with safety in mind. The curved body prevents the blades from accidentally slicing your fingers. It can be used by both left or right-handed people. It is also extremely easy to maintain and store.
- This Cuisinart cek 40 electric knife has a one-touch trigger that’s pressure activated/ This trigger turns on the device. It also has a safety lock and release button to swap the blades.
It comes with two blades: a large serrated blade for thick bread or frozen meat and a thin blade to carve cooked meat. The wooden countertop tray has provision to store both blades.
Judge JEA76 Electric Knife
The Judge JEA76 Electric Knife is one of the toughest electric knives around. This versatile kitchen appliance can do more than just carve meat or slice bread. You can use it to skin chickens or even carve ice. It is equipped with a powerful 150 W motor and steel blade.
- Although not extremely ergonomic, the handle is decent enough. The buttons are all in the right place and the cord doesn’t get in the way. While it is relatively powerful it doesn’t come with a whole bunch of features. So, it’s perfect for those looking for a budget electric carving knife.
- It is also equipped with a one-button blade ejection feature and has a decent lock. Additionally, it is also dishwasher safe.
Although this electric carving knife is quite powerful and quiet, it doesn’t last long. The blade has a tendency to deteriorate extremely quickly.
Princess 2952 Silver Electric Knife
The Princess 2952 Silver Electric Knife is an amazing device. Not only does it have multiple accessories and a brilliant design but it also has a unique function that lets you control the slicing angle. This makes it one of the best electric carving knives in the market.
- This electric carving knife truly has an amazing design. The handle is extremely comfortable and easy to control. The buttons and even the block button are easy to access.
- It comes with two premium blades: a small toothed blade for bread and a large toothed blade for frozen meat. It has a powerful motor that hovers around 170W. This motor in addition to the high-quality blades makes it one of the most premium knives on this list. It can slice and dice a brisket in seconds.
- While it doesn’t have an amazing safety feature it does have a short cord. This might be an issue if your socket is at a distance.
The handle of the device is rotatable. So, it will take some getting used to. However, this feature helps set the slicing angle which is extremely useful for certain kinds of meat.
Black+Decker 9-Inch Electric Carving Knife
The Black+Decker 9-Inch Electric Carving Knife is the most comfortable electric carving knife on this list. After all, black and decker have been manufacturing these knives for the past 30-40 years and have refined their craft to an extraordinary degree.
- It’s extremely similar in design to a regular knife. It comes just the right amount of power to carve delicate meat. It also comes with a variety of safety features.
- Although it has a simple design, this electric knife does have design features that make it one of the best. For example, the ergonomic shape of the knife helps use this knife for a long duration without issues. The blade release button is easily accessible. As is the trigger.
- The intuitive trigger is strategically placed to help make your carving job as easy as possible. This knife is also easy to maintain and is dishwasher-friendly. The blade is quite strong and snaps in place firmly. There are non-slip tabs that help you swap the blades without fear of cutting yourself.
This carving knife comes with an extremely comfortable handle. This ComfortGrip handle ensures that there is virtually zero stress on your wrists. It also helps you control the knife with ease.
What is the best electric carving knife on the market?
The best electric carving knife would have to be the Princess 2952 Silver Electric Knife. It has a brilliant ergonomic design with two detachable blades and a rotatable handle that helps set the carving angle.
This premium electric knife is extremely powerful and can easily cut through chicken bones. The ergonomic and comfortable handle helps take the stress of the wrists and helps your manoeuvre it without any issues. Check out our list of the Best Electric Carving Knives UK for more details.
Will an electric knife cut through bone?
Electric knives can cut through animal bones provided it’s has a good strong blade and a powerful motor. The motor should ideally be a 170-180W motor and the blades should ideally be a double tooth blade. There are blades out there that are specifically meant to cut frozen meat and bone.
Then again regardless of how powerful an electric knife is the most it can cut are chicken bones or ribs. The best electric carving knife when it comes to bone and frozen meat would have to be the Princess 2952 Silver Electric Knife. It comes with a powerful 180 W motor and even has a rotatable handle that can control the slicing angle. Check out our list of the Best Electric Carving Knives UK for more details.
Joanna is a writer, poet, stand-up comedian and holds two master’s in arts and history. She founded Discount-age with the intention of providing her readers with solutions to everyday household problems. During her free time, Joanna loves cooking but usually ends up ordering in.
Table of Contents