As our babies grow their palettes become more diverse; formula milk is no longer enough. When your little ones turn 4 or 6 you start contemplating solid food, but you’re probably confused as to go about it. Luckily, baby food feeders are here to help you out. Check out our list of Best Baby Food Feeders UK 2020 for all the details.
Baby food feeders also known as fresh food feeders are basically, small pouches usually made from either silicone or mesh that lets your baby chew on solid food without the worry that your child might choke. By introducing a baby food feeder you can gradually introduce your baby to solid food without any health risks.
Fresh food feeders are a convenient and safe way to let your babies practice chewing while offering various tastes, textures and sizes. You can place fresh or frozen fruits and vegetables in these baby food feeders. Refer to our list of the Best Baby Food Feeders UK 2020 for information on the best of the best.
- Best Baby Feeders
- #1 — TOMY Boon Pulp Baby Spoon
- #2 — Munchkin Fresh Food Feeder
- #3 — Nuby ID5397 Anti-Choking Feeder
- #4 — Kidsme Food Feeder
- #5 — Clevamama Clevafeed Fruit Feeder
- #6 — NatureBond Baby Food Feeder
- #7 — ANGELBLISS Fresh Food Feeder
- #8 — Termichy 30ml Pacifier Feeder
- #9 — Tommee Tippee Fresh Food Feeder
- #10 — DIAOCARE Baby Fruit Feeder
- When should you start using baby food feeders?
- Are baby food feeders useful?
Best Baby Feeders
#1 — TOMY Boon Pulp Baby Spoon
Introducing your kids to solid foods can be a little messy and pose serious choking hazards. Luckily, TOMY Boon PUlp Baby Spoon is a silicone teething food feeder that allows easy feeding and teething for your little ones. This is by far one of the most popular amongst the Best Baby Food Feeders UK 2020 list.
- Place food inside the silicone handle and let your child squeeze it out slowly through the perforated spoon tip.
- The TOMY Boon Pulp Baby Spoon is easily assembled in no time at all and is a perfect tool for weaning.
Not only is it a fresh food feeder but it can also be used as a teether with chilled fruits and vegetables.
#2 — Munchkin Fresh Food Feeder
A simple and easy to use fresh food feeder that utilizes a contoured mesh and plastic clasp that seals everything for your baby. Let your baby enjoy a multitude of tastes and textures with the Munchkin Fresh Food Feeder.
- Rest assured that only a small amount and pieces of food get through the fine mesh that removes any risk of choking.
- You simply have to slice a tiny piece of fruits or vegetables and insert it into the food feeder. You can always store the excess pieces of fruit and veggies in a baby food container.
- Simply place food pieces inside the mesh bag and shut the cap to secure.
- Mesh fresh food feeders can be a little more troublesome to clean compared to silicone feeders.
The textured handle makes it easy for your little ones to hold up teaching them to be independent as you wean them from the bottle.
- 6 months and above
- 3 colours available
#3 — Nuby ID5397 Anti-Choking Feeder
Do you want to cut down on time spent preparing your child’s food? Or do you just want to give your little one a quick snack without any hassle? Nuby ID5397 is an easy way to introduce solid food and whole portions of food like fresh fruit, ice creams, and frozen fruits for your baby without any fear of choking.
- Perfect for babies 6 months and above, the Nuby ID5397 has a child-proof double lock system that ensures no spilling.
It is a fresh food mesh feeder that has a protective cover to keep it hygienic and clean.
- 6 months and up
- Mesh feeder with cap
- Fits whole portions
#4 — Kidsme Food Feeder
Fresh food feeders are convenient and safe ways to introduce your baby to solid foods. Kidsme Food Feeders are award-winning, their patented double-handle design allows your child to proactively and independently start feeding on their own in a safe environment.
- The standard Kidsme Food Feeder has a pacifier for 6 months old and up. But they also have options for 4 months old.
- You can purchase bigger pacifiers as your baby grows up.
Kidsme stands out from other baby food feeders because it gives you the option to start introducing solid foods to your kids at an earlier age.
- Early introduction of solid food
- 3 colours available
- Silicone material
#5 — Clevamama Clevafeed Fruit Feeder
ClevaMama ClevaFeed baby Feeder is made with a silicone teat that’s hygienic and allows your baby to gnaw and chew food safely. Its easy-grip handle lets your baby feed independently.
- Place food portions into the teat, screw on the cap and let your baby enjoy themselves.
- The ClevaFeed is easy to sterilise and clean.
Only small pieces of food can pass through the perforation of the teat removing any risk of choking.
- 6 months and up
- Silicone teat
- Easy-grip handle
- Has a screw-on cap for convenience
#6 — NatureBond Baby Food Feeder
Babies grow up so fast, to keep up with their developing bodies NatureBond has introduced a Baby Food Feeder that has various sizes perfect for your babies growing feeding needs.
- The pack includes a total of 6 silicone teats for your baby’s convenience and comfort.
- As they grow you can switch the teats from small ones to large sacs as they get more familiar with chewing.
- The fresh food feeder also doubles as a teether that soothes their sore gums as they chew.
- Easily clean and sterilize the teats that can withstand up to 200-degrees Celsius.
The textured teats allow nutrition to flow to your baby’s mouth while easing teething. The soft silicone sacs do not irritate your baby’s gums.
- 6 silicone teats
- Colourful and appetizing design
- USA FDA approved
- BPA-Free, Latex-Free, Lead-free, and phthalates-free
#7 — ANGELBLISS Fresh Food Feeder
Anglebliss ensures the safety of our baby’s fresh food feeder with BPA-Free food-grade silicone that only allows small portions of fresh food to be chewed on by our little ones. It’s easy to clean and dismantle.
- The Angelbliss fresh food feeder can soothe your children teething as they enjoy a tasty snack of either fresh fruits, or frozen vegetables and fruits.
- Get value for your money with a baby food feeder that your baby can enjoy until they are 2 years old.
There are 3 sizes for you to choose from, small teats that are suited for baby’s 3-6 months old, medium teats for 6-12-month-old babies while large teats for 12-24-month-old toddlers.
- 3 teat sizes
- BPA-Free silicone
- 2 colours available
#8 — Termichy 30ml Pacifier Feeder
With a large capacity 30ml feeder, the Termichy Pacifier feeder is a more budget-friendly option for parents who want to let their babies try solid foods.
- Made with food-grade silicone that’s BPA-Free and non-toxic you can rest easy knowing your child would be able to enjoy their snacks without any hazards.
- Designed to be easily squeezed by your child the Termichy Pacifier Feeder teaches your baby to be more independent when it comes to feeding.
Because it comes with a sealing cover it is spill-proof and the pacifier clip makes it difficult to lose.
- 30ml feeder
- BPA-Free food-grade silicone
- Anti-lose and spill-proof
- Includes a dust-proof cover
#9 — Tommee Tippee Fresh Food Feeder
The Tommee Tippee Fresh Food Feeder is one of the best and innovative products that can help ease your baby’s weaning adventure. It comes with features that can help your baby whilst improving overall hygiene. It’s definitely one of the Best Baby Food Feeders UK 2020.
- The soft mesh bag helps introduce foods like pears, apple, and meat to your baby easily. This mesh bag prevents your child from choking on the food and also helps soothe the little one’s developing gums.
- It’s designed with a baby’s dexterity in mind. So it has an easy to hold soft-grip handle that is ideal for tiny hands.
Of course, it’s BPA-free. This baby food feeder is ideal for fruit, whole foods, cooked veggies and meat. Most importantly, it comes with a snap-on hygienic cap that makes it even more convenient when your travelling or storing the food feeder away.
- Snap-on cap
- Soft-grip handle
- Soft mesh bag
#10 — DIAOCARE Baby Fruit Feeder
The DIAOCARE baby fruit feeder is a brilliant product. Not only is it a fruit feeder but it also works as a teething toy. It can easily store fresh/frozen fruits and veggies in its container. The silicone exterior also soothes your baby’s gums and helps them through the teething phase.
- This fruit feeder satisfies the baby’s nutritional needs with vegetables and fruits while exercising the baby’s chewing ability.
- The fruit sucker is designed with a textured silicone surface that is ideal for relieving pain during teething.
- It’s extremely easy to disinfect. The DIAOCARE Baby Fruit Feeder is suitable for dishwashers and the products easily snaps open for thorough cleaning
It’s safe and made from non-toxic material. In fact, it’s made out of food-grade silicone. You get 3 different sizes of silicone sacs that can be adjusted based on the child’s age.
- Made from non-toxic material
- 3 different sizes of silicone sacs
- Easy to clean
- Relieves pain during teething
When should you start using baby food feeders?
Fresh food feeders help us introduce solid foods to our weaning babies, but when should you start using baby food feeders?
Babies often show signs that they can handle solid food by the time they reach 4 months old to 6 months. On the other hand, not all babies develop the same way that’s why you should look for these signs before you start introducing solid food to your babies:
- Can they sit upright? Whether it’s supported by a highchair or not being able to sit upright reduces the chances of choking.
- If your baby has a good neck and head control they are likely to be able to eat solid foods.
- Most babies also show interest in the food they see you eating and may open their mouths when a spoon is nearby.
At the end of the day as a parent, you are more than capable of judging your babies development. Check out our list of Best Baby Food Feeders UK 2020 for all the details.
Are baby food feeders useful?
Baby food feeders develop the self-feeding skills of babies and start their journey in beginning feeding independence. For example, grasping the handles of fresh food feeders teaches your kids coordination until they can start using spoons.
- Whether the baby food feeder is made of silicone or mesh they are a less messy alternative to introducing solid foods to your babies.
- These feeders also help soothe your babies teething problems. The silicone or mesh are often textured that helps massage and ease the tension in your babies gums. You can fill these feeders with frozen fruits to help ease teething even more. Check out our list of Best Baby Food Feeders UK 2020 for all the details.
What should I put in my baby’s Fresh Food Feeder?
Starting of with fruits would be ideal. Fruits such as Strawberries, Raspberries, Bananas, Mangos, watermelons, grapes and cantaloupes would be good.
Then you start with Sweet potatoes, skin peeled cucumbers and tender steak cubes.
The TOMY Boon Pulp Baby Spoon is one of the Best Baby Food Feeders UK 2020 you can use.
Regardless, you as a parent should ideally decide the diet after consulting a doctor or a nutritionist.
What age can baby use mesh feeder?
When our babies start yearning for solid foods it is a clear indicator that they are growing up to be strong and independent children.
Fresh food baby feeders help them achieve feeding independence and opens up their world to the whole new eating experience.
As soon as they reach 4 to 6 months old you can begin showing them new tastes, scents, and textures using the best baby food feeders in the UK.
As your baby is so unique so is its needs, so consulting a doctor or nutritionist is the best way forward.