Most of us suffer from migraines, insomnia and body aches on a regular basis. While most of the time it’s stress-related we don’t have the opportunity to de-stress as often as we’d like. It’s not like we can visit a spa and get a massage every day? However, there are certain tools out there that can totally improve our well being. Check out our list of the Best Acupressure Mats UK.
Acupressure mats are extremely practical and beneficial products that replicate the acupuncture from Traditional Chinese Medicine and Ayurveda. It basically uses your own bodyweight to give you an acupressure massage. This must-have product is highly effective and a great investment that’ll save you a lot of money.
However, not all acupressure mats are great. In fact, there’s a lot of sub-par products in the market. So, we’ve compiled a list of the best of the Best Acupressure Mats UK for your perusal.
After reviewing 100 acupressure mats based on various factors like design, effectiveness, quality and price, My team and I zeroed in on 7 that really stood out. These 7 were further put through a series of stress tests to determine the best. We found that:
The best acupressure mat in the UK is Supportiback Wellness Therapy Acupressure Mat Set. This mat is one of the most effective acupressure mats as it has two units: one of the head and body. Most importantly, it has strategically placed plastic needles in the natural contour of the human body. It’s designed to treat all parts of the body at the same time.
- Best Acupressure Mats UK
- #1 — Supportiback Wellness Therapy Acupressure Mat Set
- #2 — Pranamat ECO Therapeutic Manual Massage Mat
- #3 — PRO 11 WELLBEING Acupressure mat and Pillow Set with Carry Bag
- #4 — DoYourFitness World Fitness Acupressure Set
- #5 — Belmalia Acupressure Mat
- #6 — The Shakti Mat
- #7 — White Lotus Anti Aging Mat
- What does an acupressure mat do?
Best Acupressure Mats UK
|Best Acupressure Mats UK||Price||Check it out here!|
|Supportiback Wellness Therapy Acupressure Mat Set – Best Overall||£29.87||Link|
|Pranamat ECO Therapeutic Manual Massage Mat – Premium Acupressure Mat||£115.00||Link|
|PRO 11 WELLBEING Acupressure mat and Pillow Set with Carry Bag – Best Budget-Friendly Mat||£19.9||Link|
|DoYourFitness World Fitness Acupressure Set||£26.99||Link|
|Belmalia Acupressure Mat||£17.95||Link|
|The Shakti Mat||£49.00||Link|
|White Lotus Anti Aging Mat||£46.99||Link|
#1 — Supportiback Wellness Therapy Acupressure Mat Set
The Supportiback Wellness Therapy Acupressure Mat Set uses the application of ancient acupressure therapy to release pain-blocking endorphins in your body. This not only helps your muscles relax but it also stimulates the nerves and activates the healing power in your body. The Supportiback is one of the Best Acupressure Mats UK.
- This mat set has a main mat to down on and a separate pillow to help your entire body. This mat set comes in black with green coloured therapy points. These therapy points are strategically placed by the manufacturer and it’s in a naturally contoured shape of the human body.
- The mat itself is highly portable, you just need to roll it and put it away. It’ll take very little space similar to a yoga mat. It is made from soft foam and has a 100% cotton cover which is washable. Most importantly, it’s Phthalate, latex, lead & BPA free.
- The Supportiback Wellness Therapy Acupressure Mat Set mat will stimulate your nerves and improve blood circulation giving you stress relief and promotes better sleep. This will also help relieve upper/lower back pain, reduces aches and tension across the body.
- All you need to is lie on the mat for 10-15 minutes a day to relieve your sore or stiff muscles. It’s perfect for post-workout cooldown and for faster muscle recovery. You can even wake up in the morning and stand on this mat to get your blood flowing.
What’s in it for you?
What really sets this mat apart from the rest is the fact it’s designed to target and treat your upper and lower-back pain at the same time. The acupressure pillow gives you comfortable, therapeutic support for your neck and head.
#2 — Pranamat ECO Therapeutic Manual Massage Mat
When you lie on the lotus bed of the Pranamat ECO Therapeutic Manual Massage Mat you can restore your vitality. This mat can relieve your sore muscles and breath life into your body with its 5,540 massage points.
- These massage points directly apply steady pressure to your neck, shoulders & back creating a deep warm feeling that spreads across your body. This warm feeling is the acupressure mat stimulating blood flow which oxygenates and invigorates the muscles, releasing endorphins which work as your body’s natural painkiller.
- The combination of the blood flow and endorphins quickly helps to eliminate aches and pains, restoring the body’s energy reserves.
- Manufacturer’s claim that this has been proven through clinical trials and thousands of customers have benefitted. And from personally using it for the past few months, I definitely did see a huge difference. It actually does help boost energy and reduce fatigue.
- Using this mat for 15 mins also helps local rejuvenation, so your skin actually becomes supple, elastic and healthy.
What’s in it for you?
The Pranamat ECO Therapeutic Manual Massage Mat’s filling is made from coconut fibre. All other components of the mat such as the linen filler cover and the hypoallergenic HIPS plastic lotuses are sourced from around Europe.
#3 — PRO 11 WELLBEING Acupressure mat and Pillow Set with Carry Bag
Unlike most of the mats on this list, this acupressure mat and pillow set help with not only muscle related stiffness and aches, it actually helps insomnia and many other problems. This mat specifically focuses on relaxing you’re and improving blood circulation.
- It, of course, also reduces neck pain, back pain, muscle aches and tension. This mat replicates traditional Chinese medicine and helps the body produce endorphins and helps decrease the stress hormone cortisol.
- The PRO 11 WELLBEING Acupressure mat and Pillow Set with Carry Bag is a relatively comfortable foam-filled soft may with lotus acupressure projection. It is a set, so you a separate pillow which also has acupressure points all over the head.
- This set is highly portable and comes with a drawstring carry bag. So, you can take it to the gym or wherever you desire.
What’s in it for you?
Sitting or lying down on this mat for 20 minutes will do wonders for your lack of sleep. Especially, if you toss and turn to be your head off into dreamland. This mat relaxes you and washes away all the accumulated fatigue.
#4 — DoYourFitness World Fitness Acupressure Set
More than anything you certainly get the brand quality and value with this DoYourFitness World Fitness Acupressure Set. Since it is a fitness-oriented brand they’ve tailored their acupressure mat to help you target your physical and mental health, unlike other brands that focus on the traditional health benefits.
- This mat and pillow have 230 nail pads with 6210 pyramid-like thorns that are evenly distributed to affect all parts of the back regardless of body weight. You can also stand on this mat and stimulate the reflex zones of your feet. As mentioned earlier, these thorns help generate a pleasant warmth spreading through your body which heals/relaxes your body and mind.
- Since it replicates the regenerative massage application by stimulation acupressure trigger points and energy zones, your body will be rid of the stress and strain of your day and workout. And as this feeling is quite soothing it relaxes your mind.
- This mat measures at L 66 cm x W 40 cm x H 2 cm making it compact and highly portable when rolled. It also comes with a bag making your life much easier. It is also made of 100% cotton making it more comfortable that the foam-filled acupressure mats on this list. It’s also washable. however, it is recommended you wash it separately to prevent the spikes from damaging other clothes.
- It is also made from really durable material. So, it actually does have a long life span. Most importantly, you can show this beauty off as it comes with an amazing colour and design scheme.
What’s in it for you?
It’s actually quite easy to meditate on this mat as the acupressure contributes to helping you relax. So, it essentially contributes to helping you relax and enhance the meditative effect. Most importantly, it’s the mat with the most value for money on this list.
#5 — Belmalia Acupressure Mat
This effective acupressure mat uses naturopathy to treat your pain and stress-related issues without any side effects. Lying down on this mat is equivalent to a to an effective back massage or at least it gets the same results. It’s one of the Best Acupressure Mats UK.
- This massage mat isn’t the most beautiful in terms of design or colour. However, it is one of the most effective mats in the market. The 6000 plastic tips and skin-friendly fabric not only make the process comfortable but prevents any untoward injury.
- This practical mat can be easily incorporated into the different aspects of your daily life. You can lie on it, sit on it or even stand on this mat. When your body starts to become warm, it’s doing its job. This basically, means that the blood is flowing throughout your body.
- When the blood starts to flow through your body it releases endorphin and oxytocin which are happy hormones. This relaxes your body and alleviates back pain and tight muscles, promoting relaxation and deep sleep. So, the perfect time to use this mat would be right before you head off to sleep.
What’s in it for you?
This mat definitely improves or rather elevates your well-being. 10 minutes on this mat can do wonders for your body. You roll the mat up and put it away when you’re done. It barely takes up space.
#6 — The Shakti Mat
The Shakti Mat is marketed as the OG of acupressure mats. This mat which is inspired by the Indian bed of nails is definitely one of the most effective mats on this list. This can be attributed to the quality of the spikes. It’s not made from sub-par plastic so you can certainly expect a fair amount of pain initially or at least till you get used to it. It’s for the intermediate user and can help induce a deep state of relaxation.
- Shakti Mats are ethically manufacturers with the purest of cotton and organic dyes in India. So, it’s as authentic as it can get. This ancient ayurvedic tool stimulates thousands of acupressure points across the body, relaxing muscles, supporting healthy blood and chi circulation. This helps improve longevity and overall wellbeing.
- Unlike other mats that just induces the warmth that heals your body, this one transforms extreme discomfort into tingling and pulsating sensations that restore your body to it’s the most comfortable state. Sleep on the mat before sleep for about 20 minutes and then stand on the mat in the morning to make the most of it.
What’s in it for you?
With every purchase, you’re helping out the employees of the Shakti Mat. There is a certain amount of money that goes to Shakti employees. These employees and their families are supported and taken care off. Even their families are supported through education and medical funds.
#7 — White Lotus Anti Aging Mat
The White Lotus Anti Aging Mat is manufactured right here in the EU unlike the majority of the mats that are usually from Asia. This award-winning mat was designed by actually acupuncturists and is tailor-made to fit the European physiques.
- It uses memory foam and 6543 plastic spikes making it extremely comfortable. It is also effective at the same time as the memory foam helps create a contour to each individual’s back.
- This 40 x 60 cm mat regulates endorphins and energy levels. This reduces stress, muscle pain, shoulder and neck aches and even insomnia.
What’s in it for you?
The spikes are extremely safe and are made from ABS plastic. This type of plastic is safe and isn’t sensitive to the sun. The mat as a whole also contains zero toxic materials. Even the dye is non-allergenic.
What does an acupressure mat do?
Acupressure mats are highly beneficial products that are designed to emulate the acupressure massage from Traditional Chinese Medicine. These foam mats are equipped with hundreds of plastic needles that release blocked Qi and improve blood flow. These mats remove energy blocks and relieve body pain. Additionally, it also helps relieve stress and can even help improve digestion.
The plastic needles are in the form of a lotus and are safe as it won’t pierce your skin or harm you. Ideally, you are expected to lie down on the mat for around 20-40 minutes. However, there are experts out there who’ve stated that sitting or standing on the mat is just as effective. However, it is also important to consult your GP before using it.
How to choose the best acupressure mat?
When choosing an acupressure mat, it’s better to invest in a good mat rather than take your chances with a poorly manufactured one as it can cause a medley of problems. So, it’s highly recommended you take into account the following factors into consideration:
Quality of Materials
- By far the most important factor to take into account. The quality of your acupressure mat must be made from the highest quality materials. It also should not contain toxic material as you are going to lie on it with your bare skin.
- It must ideally be made from natural products that don’t wear down easily. Especially the needles must be extremely safe and sturdy.
- The filling is usually foam. However, manufacturers also tend to fill the mats with toxic rubbers. So, it’s important to check that as well. It’s better to invest in mat filled with coconut fibres.
- Size, of course, is extremely important since it is directly related to the effectiveness. If your a large person, lying on a tiny mat, it will not benefit you. So, check the measurements and buy accordingly.
- The number of needles matter as well. The larger number of needles the greater the effectiveness. The needles can target all portion of the body and rejuvenate the affected portion.
Which is the best acupressure mat?
The Supportiback Wellness Therapy Acupressure Mat Set and the Pranamat ECO Therapeutic Manual Massage Mat would have to be the best acupressure mats in the market. Not only do they look good and feel comfortable but there are also designed to be highly effective.
For example, 15 minutes on a Supportiback is far different from 15 minutes on a sub-par acupressure mattress. The best acupressure mats generate a warm pleasant feeling that heals and relaxes your body. Check out our list of the Best Acupressure Mats UK for more details.
- Improve Bone Health and Much More With These Healthy Yougurts
- These Best Selling Products on Amazon Will Make Your Life Much Easier
- Alleviate Your Muscles With These Inflatable Foot Rests
Best Acupressure Mats UK
If you think that you can sleep like a baby or get rid of that painful migraine. Then your completely wrong. All you need to do is sleep on a acupressure mat for 20 minutes and feel the wondrous change. Check out our list of the Best Acupressure Mats UK for all the details.
Product SKU: ACMT6512
Product Brand: Supportiback
Product Currency: GBP
Product Price: 29.87
Product In-Stock: Available